1. ** Enter to win a $250 gift card! We want to hear from you, please take this survey **

Take this survey which covers a range of questions about improving the community, the things that interest you and anything else you want to share with us. All responses will remain anonymous.

Click here to take the survey
    Dismiss Notice

CoPilot for iphone

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by scootertrog, Sep 19, 2014.

1. myrwon

myrwon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i.v.o, you beat me to it....

JB is a lifesaver. also use ifunbox to transfer .TRP files to phone :clap
  2. i.v.o.

i.v.o. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did not know about ifunbox, I tried a couple others as iExplorer etc, but they are all paid and ended using an app called Filza from Cydia, it is a file manager that works on the iPhone itself, I save my .trp files in Dropbox on the desktop and then, on the phone I just copy the files from Dropbox to the NA directory. I will give ifunbox a try, it looks promising.
  3. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    ifunbox has, or had the last time I looked at it, a strong tie to advertising and social media BS that I felt made the site a vulnerable gateway to phishing and viruses. That's usually on par for something on the internet that's free.
  4. myrwon

myrwon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    True, I'm never online when transferring files from mac to iphone so the ifunbox ads never popup. :wink:

just got back from a slab ride up to WV/TN area and not really happy with copilot. once I leave the custom route, it keeps trying to return me back to my starting point [home]. I've tried adding a waypoint as "next stop" but after that next stop, it try's to send me home again. wtf :huh
    I'll keep trying to isolate this issue or try another app
  5. scootertrog

scootertrog Jedi Fart Master

Oddometer:
    I've been satisfied with iExplorer, no issues with it so far.

Does the below trick you mention not get you back on route?

I have not been riding on a route in some time where I needed any kind of assisted navigation, so I have not experimented with it.
  6. Dolly Sod

Dolly Sod I want to do right, but not right now

Oddometer:
    What happened in iOS 8.3 that made you delete CoPilot?
  7. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:

You can not import routes. I am looking for a solution now that does not involve jail breaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    As trailer Rails noted, iOS now requires all Apps to use Doc Share API's if they want to Send/RECEIVE files. This was done to provide consistency and security. CoPilot has never supported the Doc Share API's and relied upon third-party File Apps to place files within CoPilots Doc's file structure. Those third-party Apps can no longer access other Apps File structure with the above iOS update.

I predominantly used CoPilot for it's routing as a backup to my GPS. Since I can't get my pre-planned Routes into the App...it's of no value. I don't foresee CoPilot making any changes to fix this since the only changes they have chosen to make in the past six months is to change their App ICON. :huh
  9. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is pretty negligent of the folks that make the CoPilot iOS app. It's not like Apple doesn't forewarn of such changes/restrictions. In fact, they are quite good at it.
  10. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    ALK Tech is now owned by Trimble. ALK was purchased for their Mapping and Truck Logistics business - NOT CoPilot Apps.

When you consider that (I'm guessing) 80-90% of App purchasers have no interest in pre-planned Route Import, the fact that they supported them at all on iOS is surprising.
  11. Sugra

Sugra Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone else experience Copilot travel time being off, by about an hour? I plug in the same trip in Google Maps and Copilot. They both show the same mileage but Copilot adds an hour in travel time. The time shown in Google Maps I know to be correct. This happens frequently.

Edit: this happens for trips within the same time zone.
  12. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if its true on the iphone version, but I found the travel times were unrealistically long on the Android version.
    It was the default speeds.

A bit of tweaking of the speeds closer to what I really run got them pretty close.
  13. Sugra

Sugra Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you! That did it for me. The default speed for interstate was 55 mph, 30 mph for divided highways. Did I already say thank you? Thank you.
    Ogre_fl likes this.