1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold Corbin Seat for WR250R/X

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by JBS2003, May 16, 2021.

1. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is wider--and much more comfortable--than the notoriously awful stock seat on the WR. The only reason I'm parting with it is that I upgraded to the 3.1 Gallon IMS tank and the Corbin seat isn't compatible with that tank.

$220 plus shipping or local pickup in Houston, Texas.

IMG_8933.JPG IMG_8934.JPG IMG_8935.JPG IMG_8936.JPG
  2. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump
  3. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump
  4. kirack

kirack n00b

Oddometer:
    how about 200 shipped to 75013
  5. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ktrack, I sent you a PM.
  6. Mumbles24

Mumbles24 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Assuming since it doesn't work with IMS 3.1 it won't work with IMS 4.7?
  7. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m not sure about the IMS 4.7. I think it would come down to whether the 4.7 is taller than the stock tank at the point where the seat meets it. The 3.1 is, which means you have to flex the seat pan a little to install the seat. That works fine with the flexible stock pan (or the pan on a Seat Concepts seat) but the Corbin seat pan is much stiffer and won’t flex at all, so it won’t go on. FWIW, the Corbin website specifies that the seat won’t work with the IMS 3.1 (which I can confirm from firsthand experience) but it doesn’t mention the 4.7. Here’s what It says—

“Since this saddle was released, many aftermarket accessories have become available and we have not been able to test fit with all possible accessories. Typically larger tanks like those from Acerbis and IMS will cause fit problems as the Corbin basepan is not flexible like the OEM nylon base. This saddle does not fit with the 3 gallon IMS tank.”

https://www.corbin.com/yamaha/ywr250rx.shtml
    Mumbles24 likes this.
  8. Mumbles24

Oddometer:
    I sent Corbin an email requesting compatability for the IMS 4.7

If I get a favorable response and the seat is still available, I'll let you know.

Thanks.
  9. Mumbles24

Oddometer:
    Response from customer service already, wow. They are not certain because they have not tested it on this aftermarket tank.

Could you post a pic, front view showing the full height, with a tape measure? I want to try this, but want to avoid wasting fun money for something that may not work.
  10. Graydale

Graydale Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For what it's worth, 4 years agoI got a Corbin seat to fit with the 4.7 with a handheld grinder and a coarse carbide burr. It took me about 2 hours and was quite dusty. The fiberglass pan is quite thick at least in some spots. In several areas I ground through it into the foam, but there was so much pan left I don't think it became a breakage problem. Then last year I got another Corbin to fit the same bike and tank with no grinding. I can't explain the discrepancy. Sorry I can't supply pics at this time. Maybe all their seats are not identical. Or perhaps I was more insistent.
    Mumbles24 likes this.
  11. ballpeen

ballpeen _______________ Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've a Corbin on my WR with a 4.7 and it fit with no issues.
  12. MadeItToTheUSA

MadeItToTheUSA n00b

Oddometer:
    For what it's worth, I had a Corbin seat and it fit fine with a Safari tank.
  13. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mumbles, here are two front pics with a tape measure and one of the bottom. You get two different measurements at the front depending on how the seat is sitting on the table. Because of the mounting hardware/shape of the pan underneath, when you set it on a table it naturally rests more on the front part of the seat (near the gold Corbin sticker in the photo). That gives you a measurement of about 9 5/8" at the front. If you press down on the back of the seat, so that the rear hardware/mounting points for the seat are down against the table (near the red sticker in the photo), it measures 10" at the front. IMG_9210.jpg IMG_9211.jpg IMG_9213.jpg
  14. JBS2003

JBS2003 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sold