Costa Rica: Trippin' with GR

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by GRinCR, Jan 17, 2013.

1. GRinCR

GRinCR Oppressed Nomad

Oddometer:
    Quite jealous you got to ride it. I only got to walk it.
    DaveCR likes this.
  2. GRinCR

GRinCR Oppressed Nomad

Oddometer:
    Having only been through Limon a time or two, inevitably we ended up at the main tourist walk. We found a soda, parked right out front and settled in for a feast.
    [​IMG]

There was no time wasted. Within an hour of first seeing the cruise ships in the distance we were back on the road.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not much to brag about running on this leg of the CR32. Lots of flat.
    [​IMG]

Lots of leap frog.
    [​IMG]

This guy was in a hurry!
    [​IMG]

As we got closer to entering the mountains the weather took a turn for the normal, being the rainforest and all.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right before the turn up into the clouds we made a quick stop to rain gear. Time 15:28
    [​IMG]

It was a pleasant, but very rainy ride through the Braulio Carillo Natl. Park and took us just under an hour to clear the pass. At the exit of the park it is not too far before I fist bumped David and peeled off the CR32 onto my decent path into Heredia. David continued on aimed at San Jose. We were greeted with clear skies and I stopped at the first town to remove the rain gear for the final stretch of dodging and weaving traffic through urban sprawl.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I rolled into the homestead around 17:30, 5 days and just past 1,400 miles of the longest sustained, consecutive days of riding in my life.
    [​IMG]

As much as I liked the smell of travel I carried, this shit had to be washed.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for sticking around y hasta la proxima!
    DaveCR likes this.
  3. GRinCR

GRinCR Oppressed Nomad

Oddometer:
    Dang it has been some time, eh? Suppose it is somewhat of a trade off... RR'ing about past rides or squeezing in as much seat time as possible. There has surprisingly been more seat time than expected given all the rain, work, kids, life, etc... The annual "big ride" is only weeks away too... I will have some catching up to do.

In the meantime, here's to all those "Last Ride of the Year" posts for those the the great white north:
    [​IMG]

Ciao for now!
  4. DaveCR

DaveCR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It’s almost unfair that we are just starting the best riding season in CR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ColoradoChris likes this.