1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we see a Honda adventure bike with a "frunk"?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by BlackMarch, Sep 3, 2020.

1. redolga

redolga Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. BlackMarch

BlackMarch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool, but I think they did more than just a few mods to create that bike. One of which was changing the fork angles to accommodate a 19" front.

It's a bloody interesting bike though, but I can't see myself going though an extensive modding process like that.
  3. tomo8r

tomo8r Long timer

Oddometer:
    I must admit, I haven't put the top box back on my Versys after I got back into town one day last year and realised, as I pulled up to get a hamburger and chips, that I had nowhere to put my lunch as I had inadvertently left it behind in the Winburndale Nature reserve. It was still by the side of the track when I went back and got it ... Stupid cheap top box.
    Cruz likes this.
  4. Samanjo

Samanjo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is like carrying a laundry tumble drier on the back.....everything inside the top box constantly jumps around when going onto gravel.
    My bike's air compressor had a nice canvas bag and after only one trip, the canvas bag has several holes in it where the edges of the compressor kept making contact with the bag whilst moving around constantly.
    chickenhawk71 likes this.
  5. tomo8r

tomo8r Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a case of poor packing.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  6. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I have well over 130,000 km with a Givi Maxxia 52 liter top case on two different Wee Stroms, a CB 500X & the newest Moto Guzzi V85. I am not the best rider, but on pavement I know WTF I am doing & while I don't do gravel any more, I have more than enough miles on gravel surfaces, to say that I can do it if I want to & again all done with that GIVI Maxxia. I have never noticed any adverse handling effects from a top case
  7. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I'll disagree on the adverse handling
  8. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I’m a huge top box fan for road rides but if off-tarmac a seat bag works way better. Nothing bangs around inside it and the weight is forward of the rear axle.