Cover Question

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by MengerFan, Jul 11, 2002.

1. MengerFan

MengerFan Folk Hero

Oddometer:
    So I am looking for a cover for my 1150gs. I have it garaged at home and work, so it doesn't have to be too terribly hard core. It just needs to be something to keep people from paying too much attention to it and that I can carry around with me to throw on if it needs to sit in the weather for an afternoon.

I was looking at the Dowco covers. They look pretty cool, but I can't really tell how portable they are, and I'm not really sure what size I should get.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Jaybird

Jaybird Dilbert Impersonator

Oddometer:
    I use an EZ-Touring Wanderer cover when I am on the road. It is fits in a small bag and fits my GS with trunk perfectly. For my garage I use an ugly king size comforter that I got for $20 at the outlets. It has enough padding to protect the bike from stuff falling on it and my kids.
  3. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    The Dowco covers are good, durable, covers and the lower silver section is fairly heat resistent. But they are far to bulky to haul around with you. I stopped using covers when I got a garage. I've considered getting one of those light stretchy Geza gear covers. www.gezagear.com I work at a manufacturing plant and our vehicles get paint overspray when the wind is right.:2cry
  4. Dom

Dom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Because my bike sits out in the parking lot all day at work, I got one of these to keep the scorching sun off of it. It's lightweight, folds up to a small size, and it was about half the cost of a Geza. These last couple of days, we've had triple-digit temps out here, so I'm really glad my bike's been under a cover.:coo:

[​IMG]

In case the image tag didn't work, try this:

click here
  5. Waco

Waco Renegade Sickle Hound

Oddometer:
    How well does it fit a GS?
  6. Dom

Dom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    XL Size:

Stretches from tip of the beak to the end of the luggage rack. Covers about top 3/4 of the fuel tank and top of the seat. Doesn't touch the engine or even come near it.

With the top case on, it stretches over it completely. With top case off and (BMW) saddlebags on, it stretches over the tops and sides of the bags.
  7. farquharson

farquharson Tartan clad redneck

Oddometer:
    :thumb