1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Covered Bridges of New England .gpx file or waypoint list

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by Piston, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a gpx file that I can open in MotionX GPS app on my iphone. Does anyone know of, or have, a file listing the location of all the covered bridges in New England?

I'd like to do a fall tour of mostly NH and VT, and incorporate a lot of covered bridges into it. It would be a great starting point to choose some of the bridges I'd like to visit, and create a track to link them all.
  2. AndytheElder

AndytheElder Adventurer

Oddometer:

Take a look at this website. I was able to download a Garmin .gpx file that contained a load of waypoints in VT, NH and MA. I selected "Vermont" in the drop down menu under "DOWNLOAD" button.
    https://poidirectory.com/poifiles/?...=VT-Vermont&navigation=195#Points_of_interest

EDIT:
    Just checked out some of the bridges in the file. They are pretty liberal as to what qualifies as a "covered bridge". Be sure that the bridges you select (if you do use this websites files) are not over a brook in someones backyard ;-)
  3. 1 Wheel Drive

1 Wheel Drive Flatus Antiquous Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a gpx file that I keep loaded as POI on my zumo that you are welcome to. It includes all of the "official" state classified covered bridges. Many of them are in active use and you can ride across them. Some are closed and you can ride up to them and walk around. Some others are in the woods and you have to walk to even find them. All good fun if you ask me.

I also have the Vermont Covered bridges in another file. I've got them uploaded onto a free DropBox account. You should be able to pull them down from there:

NH Covered Bridges.gpx

VT Covered Bridges.gpx
  4. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting, I'll check these out. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. NHBoz

NHBoz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting these. I live in the Franconia area and plan to check these out this spring.