CPAP. Is my ADV life over? NO!!!!

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by NachoRoto, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ryder1

ryder1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I leave the humidifier at home. Actually I stopped using the humidifier altogether with no issues.
  2. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    I can report that the Medistrom does, indeed charge just fine on the bike from a standard cigarette lighter socket. Took a couple hours to reach full charge. No problems at all-
  3. stoney4vida

stoney4vida Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    + 1. I do use humidifier in winter , but most of the year I don't bother and don't really notice it.
  4. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:

Well, I suppose different bikes will put out more power than other bikes, thus charging faster. My 690 take a full day of riding to charge my Medistrom Pilot 12 Lite. My Nutrino fuze box app says it is charging at 2.46 amps.
  5. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Hmm, I should have my Pilot 12 Lite along with the car charger, and Z1 adapter cable in a couple days. Curious to see if there's any difference in charging times going between my 690 and the Strom.
  6. Jabba

Oddometer:
    Yeah- I would imagine that is a function of your alternator's output? I ride a Super Tenere with a pretty healthy output. It was cool, and I was running a Gerbings heated jacket and LED fogs~ I wouldn't think a 690 has the need to put out the same level of juice, which would hinder your charge time for sure. Perhaps someone with a better working knowledge of amps/watts could chime in and confirm?
  7. Aviatordoc

Aviatordoc Hooligan extraordinaire Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think you need to focus bringing this to the market. It will end this thread and start a new one. :)
    Antigravity and stoney4vida like this.
  8. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    I just received an email from CPAP.com announcing the new Transcend travel machine. (I have their original model with proprietary battery and DC converter, etc.) Alas, it still runs on 19VDC instead of 12VDC.
  9. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do they make them run on 19 v instead of 12v to make it harder to not use their property battery?
    Baroquenride likes this.
  10. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:

OK, I've tried my new Medistrom 12 lite for 2 nights, one at home and one camping. I've got the Z1 auto. The first night I slept for 6 hours and the battery showed it was at 50% (didn't charge it up when I first got it so it probably wasn't at 100%.) The next night I slept over 8 hours and the battery was at 75%. I only charged it up between the two nights and used the AC charger, so I don't know how fast it will charge on the DC charger yet. I have to say I am impressed so far on battery life.
  11. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    I imagine it has more to do with where they source the pump motors.
  12. Jabba

Oddometer:
    I think the brick converts the AC to 12V DC, so your charge time should not change.
  13. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    What is your pressure setting?

Folks, your info is meaningless without the pressure setting so please include that when you give specs.
    I feel like a broken record lately. ;-)
  14. Jabba

Oddometer:
    I run my Dreamstation as a fixed cpap when using battery- turn off all added ramp up, auto everything etc- and use a pressure setting of 10. I am confident I could go 14 hrs like this.
    stoney4vida, BJMoose and Baroquenride like this.
  15. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for posting your experiences. The standard lithium battery in the Z1 is 19 volts. I'm surprised that the 12 volt Medistrom battery is what was recommended for the unit. At what setting is your Z1 set for your breathing?
  16. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:

Z1 AUTO, means the pressure varies. You do realize more and more manufacturers are offering AUTO CPAPs now?My old non Auto CPAP was set at 9 if I remember correctly
  17. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Except everyone has a baseline and an average pressure they're set to.
  18. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    After looking at the CPAP ad for sale in the FM and seeing the photos still aren't showing up, I discovered there is a Z2 on the market now and it's $500 on sale right now. Tempting but my older 12V setup is not much bigger and works just fine.
  19. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    $500 is pretty good as most places have the Z1 for over that. The difference between the two, the Z2 is about 25% more quiet. The Z1 is pretty noisy.
  20. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer: