1. eNewsletter Sign Up

CPAP. Is my ADV life over? NO!!!!

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by NachoRoto, Sep 12, 2012.

1. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
  2. hotwheels22

hotwheels22 formpig.com + motorradRP

Oddometer:
    best place to buy the "Air Mini Pilot 24 LITE battery by Lofta"? THANKS
  3. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    im looking at this machine. have you got it dialed in? I see 25 dollar cigarette cord for this from HDM. Wondering what amp fuse to use as well.
  4. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    guys. is there a cable that will let me try a conventional battery pack with this cpap mini?

Attached Files:

5. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not really, you will need the Pilot 24 cable kit to get the Air Mini plug, then you could modify that cable to connect to a battery, but the Air Mini is 24v, so dont know what you would use?
    The Pilot 24 and cable kit cost me about $500 Australian, ye s very exxy!! I did manage to use one of the other cables to make a 12 to 24 charger for the Pilot 24 that works of my DR650 and Super Ten, but my little 250 TTR Yam wont do it!!
    upload_2019-6-17_16-52-3.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-17_16-52-35.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-17_16-53-3.jpeg
    Bigbob1 and hotwheels22 like this.
  6. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very late on the follow up but just an fyi that I monitored my settings and I'm usually running right around 11.
    Baroquenride likes this.
  7. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  8. sidetrack one

sidetrack one Chief Tiddler Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    guys.
    i’m lost here with this medistrom power pack. 1. the instructions seem to say you use the air mini AC cable with this adapter here (image 3) to charge and it is 7-9 hours for a full charge using AC?
    2. but using a airsense 10 DC cable (image 1) - which i have on hand but not a ton of people would - is 2-3 hours?!
    > the issue here is the airsense 10 cable is massive of course.
    3. this DC cable with the cigarette port (image 2) is the only DC charger available? how long does IT take to charge?!
    4. what are the other two cables for exactly and what do i call their connector ends again? looks like one fits DC out with the proprietary air mini end for powering the air mini off the battery while charging the battery pack (presumably with AC power)? and one fits DC in and DC out? what is this one for?
    THANKS for any help

Attached Files:

10. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
  11. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    i’m missing this here for some reason.
    A. i have the cigarette plug version of the - arg. wait. it is for powering the air mini with DC power? when in the world am i going to use that? in the truck i guess that doesn’t have a second battery yet and i am draining the primary battery? or i am doing the same at camp i guess if i get jammed up and need to use the MC battery to get a night’s sleep?
    B. would this be a lot more efficient if i had a cigarette female to alligator clamps adapter to go directly to the battery? i mean this adapter would be not bad to have in the onboard kit i guess?
    C. what is your point about making your own 12 to 24 V charger? i guess this fucking charger doesn’t have a way to power it from DC either in a truck or a car?! wtf. i have to make my own?
    D. what is that gizmodo in the image here please?
    THANKS

Attached Files:

12. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    charging the medistrom 24V battery from 12 V MC battery?

any place i can buy and SAE to DC In charger that will go from 12V to the 24V power pack?
    or a cigarette male plug to DC i’m charger with same requirements?

those are my two options?

Attached Files:

13. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    Im going to test my 12v dc to 24v dc cable tonight on deep cycle battery. Its an 18AH battery, 40 bucks on Amazon. Hope i get 2 nights, average of 11.5 mm of blow on my airsense 10 with no humdifier.

The airsense 10 works on 24v but the cord plugs into 12v. Thus the big ass converter on the cord. I believe (could be wrong) the medstrom can be charged with a 12v dc to 120 ac coverter while driving. Or, does it charge with a usb charger?

I dont plan on using this setup for MC but will car camp with it next week. Then work on shrinkikng the package. At least right now i have a back up at home for power outages.
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  14. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    20190620_213607.jpg
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  15. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    OK. but this looks like 12V DC to alligator clips to a female cigarette outlet to the Resmed 10 device?

the whole point of my having a portable battery is so i can charge it in the car or in the bike so i can use it to power the resmed mini.

you can’t do that when you are driving.

also, it appears the DC power cord (above) that comes with the medstrom takes 7 hours? while the power cord for the resmed 10 (above) will charge the medstrom in 2 - 3?

i need to be able to charge the medstrom on the bike or what is the point of bringing it. and i don’t have a cord to power it from DC.

also, i suppose i can charge the medstrom over night with the cord that came with the air mini. meaning i can charge the medstrom overnight when it is connected to the mini. so it doesn’t really matter how long it takes to charge.

but if i want to charge the medstrom quick it appears i need to take ALSO take along the power cord for the airsense 10 and drag it around if i want to get a quick AC charge into the battery?
  16. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    i can do that by driving, but .....
    You still have not mentioned how the medstrom charges?
    hotwheels22 likes this.
  17. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    i’m asking how the medstrom charges on the bike. this is my question. i didn’t buy it to sit by AC power and charge it for 7-8 hours as the manual indicates.
    and i didn’t really buy it to drag along a resmed 10 charger to get DC to charge up in 2-3.
    i’m trying to find out how folks charge this on the bike.
    maybe i miscommunicated that with the other questions.
  18. hotwheels22

Oddometer:
    wait. what does a 12V Dv to 120 AC converter look like?
    what would it have in the ends? the medstrom looks like it takes this barrel shaped DC in plug.

Attached Files:

19. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Charge port on the left of the unit is 12V from a cigarette style outlet on your bike directly to the Medistrom. It has a built in voltage regulator, and will charge in a few hours. (Your bike's alternator in reality is putting out more than 12V- hence the need for the regulator- particularly with that lithium between your legs)
    Pdrhound and hotwheels22 like this.
  20. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    If you are charging via 110V, there will be a brick midstream- that converts 110v AC to 12V DC for that port.
    hotwheels22 likes this.