CPAP. Is my ADV life over? NO!!!!

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by NachoRoto, Sep 12, 2012.

1. BJMoose

BJMoose that trick never works

Oddometer:
    Check the voltages. USB might be 5V DC out. Is that enough to power your CPAP?
  2. skierd

skierd Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer:
    Oh really? I always assumed it was 12V. Never mind then...
  3. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    20190828_111500.jpg

Use your favorite mask. Eveything else is included. Power cord from battery is a direct fit into cpap. Battery set at 12v. All fits in spiderman lunch bag, padded for protection. This 32000 ma battery is about $90. Sorry the sae connector is not shown. it is on bike waiting for trip. dc charger is the excact size of AC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0041CDPQO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DN0KBXU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003WVML9M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.cpapdirect.com/travel-cpap/hdm-z2-auto-travel-apap-machine-with-z-breathe
    sodapop, PullingG's and BJMoose like this.
  4. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    That was a test run for a last minute camp trip. Lasted 2 nights (18 hours at 11.5 average pressure). As you can see above. I have got a smaller bike set up. It lasts 3.
  5. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    Also, if you hold down the power button on the z2 for about 7 secs, it will let you set upper and lower pressure. I had to turn up min pressure to 6.5 with ramp off and pressurre relief at 1. Machine max is 20.
  6. BJMoose

Oddometer:
    My setup exactly. Works very well and I'm getting better than three nights to a charge.
  7. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I discovered something last week at 8000' altitude; my Poweradd only lasted one night at that elevation when it normally lasts two. I remembered that they have issues at altitude but don't know why.
  8. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    I live at 8300'. I have not had that experience. I would guess it might be your unit more then the battery??????? It will have to work harder to create pressure at altitude????
  9. bcliff

bcliff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    has anybody had success charging the Poweradd off their bike's 12v hela din/powerlet/cigarette socket? The combination of the Poweradd and Z2 looks hard to beat.
  10. BJMoose

Oddometer:
    Link Please
  11. BJMoose

Oddometer:
    Well, I'll tell ya what. We will use them and report back on our results.

So far so good but it is early yet.

Cheers
  12. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I reread what I wrote and it came across the wrong way. I meant to say that CPAP's in general have warnings about using them at high altitude as they have to work harder since one is breathing harder to make up for the lack of oxygen. Thus my battery pack only lasted one night at that altitude where it normally gives me two nights at much lower altitudes. Perhaps it would be good to have another qualifier of altitude along with pressure settings...
    BJMoose likes this.
  13. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    I get 3 nights from poweradd at 8320' @ 8.5 pressure
  14. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    I read reports of the batteries being defective out of the shoot as well. Alot of those were older. If the battery lasts more then a year for the 85 bucks i paid i will be satisfied. I will recheck but i think the warranty is 2yrs.

There is a lady on the apnea board who is an avid back packer. She has 2 when she packs for a week. 3 years now, same 2 batteries. Another river rat with same experience.
    MUDHWY likes this.
  15. ThrottleStop

ThrottleStop Dear Younger Me,

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I missed the post where you were elected representative for all of us here. :fpalm

My first Poweradd charger was DOA. Sent back and the second one worked great,,,until it didn't any more 7 months later. Wouldn't hold a charge and got very warm when plugged in. I've since moved on to a different manufacturer. YMMV.
  16. BJMoose

Oddometer:
    You misunderstood - I was using the royal We - hope that clears things up. :D

OTH, you have contributed a useful anecdote regarding what may be a problem with the life expectancy of these batteries but failed to mention what other manufacturer you think might be better. Let us know how that battery works out.

One thing that hasn't been addressed is the finite number of cycles that all batteries are subject to. Nothing lasts forever. I was just happy to find a solution to power my CPAP while away from the AC outlet. I did test a couple of options before I found the Poweradd. If there is something better I'm sure other CPAP users would like to know.

Cheers
  17. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Gemini Man

Oddometer:

:lol3:lol3:lol3
    BJMoose likes this.
  18. BJMoose

Oddometer:
    Indeed, The Dude abides.
  19. Pdrhound

Oddometer:
    How long ago was this?

What battery are you using now?

Honestly, as easy as it hooks up to everything, for the money, if it makes it through my trip this month it will worth the money.
    BJMoose likes this.
  20. squish

squish Out of the office.

Oddometer:
    Ok....
    Here's a crazy thing, we both have CPAP's both use the same model (phillips dreamsonic)
    We both have the phillips branded 12vdc power cords.

Now, in our truck camper we have a duplex 12vdc outlet, her machine plugs directly into the outlet, mine is on an extension cord.

I'm getting a low voltage message when mine is plugged into the 12vdc extension cord, but it's fine when plugged into the duplex outlet.

Does anybody know what the min voltage/milliamps are needed to run these?

My power is fine I have a decent (+210 amp-hour) battery set up with solar