CPAP. Is my ADV life over? NO!!!!

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by NachoRoto, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    email the details directly and I'll be happy to see what we can do.
    -chad
    chad@antigravitybatteries.com
    FredRydr likes this.
  2. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    Chad,

Thank you for your emailed reply. I greatly appreciate Antigravity stepping up and providing support and resolution for the issues I raised. It appears your company, products and support staff are much improved since the XP-3 first appeared. And thank you kindly for your explanations about the care of lithium batteries for the longer term.

Fred
    Antigravity likes this.
  3. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Featuring understanding emotions

Oddometer:
    :ear
  4. firstr8

firstr8 Walter Mitty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Either my snoring will be cured and my wife will get a good nights sleep or I will be dead and she will get a new kitchen and a good nights sleep. Really a win-win.
    sweatmark, Kidder, Parrothead and 3 others like this.
  5. Delta61

Delta61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Antigravity's PS-45 is up on their website now.
    Bigbob1 likes this.
  6. bcliff

bcliff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hoping Chad @Antigravity will chime in on some details. That PS-45 looks very promising and the price is right.
  7. SZRIDES

SZRIDES Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For camping I use a Z1 CPAP System with the optional PowerShell battery. With the battery fully charged I can get 3 nights, 8 hours each night, out of the battery pack, if I don't have a way to charge the battery pack. This unit is by HDM (Human Design Medical). I have been very pleased with this system. I have not charged the battery with my motorcycle, I usually plug it into 120 when I stop for lunch or dinner, after each night of use. Looking at the other posts, I am going to look at charging it off my motorcycle while riding.
    sweatmark, Kidder and FredRydr like this.
  8. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    What pressure do you run?
  9. SZRIDES

SZRIDES Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I run 9 cmH2O
  10. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Ridin Da Beast!!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great info from another CPAP wearer, Thank!!!
  11. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! yes we have the PS-45 up, they are in stock and we are also waiting for our Solar Panels to come into stock... but we just decided to put it up early... not everyone needs the solar but it will be a nice option for charging when you're camping.

So...it's an actual 45,000mah unit which is almost 3 times the size of or XP-10. Our objective was to make is very compact yet have the most used features. So it has 100w max output in the AC outlet which is a huge part in the convince end...not having to figure out what adapter or cable to use as you'll just be able to use the standard wall plug in for your CPAPs. plus the additional dual 12v DC and dual quick charge ports are a nice plus. Please feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any questions at all. chad@antigravitybatteries.com
    sweatmark, JRWooden and Bigbob1 like this.
  12. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    Excited about this- I'll be picking one up come Spring.

OK to charge from a 12V cigarette socket on the bike while moving I assume? Any feedback on suitable amps here?? 2.5?
  13. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Let me follow up with you on this one, as of right now it has the wall charger option rated at 15v 2.4 amps and the solar option will be just around the corner so as of now those are the two appropriate charging options.Technically a mobile charger should work just fine with the correct output but as with any electronic we always have to advise using only the approved options provided.
    Jabba likes this.
  14. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Featuring understanding emotions

Oddometer:
    Of course, for many of us here on this forum the motorcycle travel application is key. Charging from the bike is pretty important.
    Valker, Antigravity and Parrothead like this.
  15. Antigravity

Oddometer:

Scott here.... while there will really be no reason to NOT think the PS45 would charge fine on the bike... it does have a wall charger that is rated at 15v and 2.5 amp output... which gives a faster charge... but we are testing to make sure a full charge is possible on the bikes relatively easily, which it should be because the bikes system goes up to 14.xx in most cases when charging, and for a full charge these should only need to see about 13.8v but for a long enough time to charge the 45,000mah. Keep in mind it is not 45,000mah at 12v. Its based on the individual cells voltage rather than the typcial Amp Hours of a Motorcycle Battery. But its a real 45,000 mah rating not the false over inflated ones you find on Amazon.

But also of note is if you running other electronics/devices then the available wattage output of the bikes system will have to be high enough to charge the PS45. To get this much capacity (45,000mah) in this small of a case we went with a cell that can hold more energy, but obviously that higher capacity makes for a longer charging time.
    JRWooden likes this.
  16. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Scott -

Really interested to better understand the recharge dynamics of your new product via a bike's electrical output. We camp off both KTM 690's and BMW GSA's and we both use a cpap. We usually try to motel it every third or fourth night so if your PS45 would power a ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto for two nights, I'd have at least a couple of days of riding to add another two nights worth of power into the battery and then use 110 volts wall charger to fill 'er up in a hotel.

Please keep us informed what you learn. What is the warranty on the PS45?

Thank you.
  17. TomInCA

TomInCA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One of the best descriptions of INSPIRE was posted on a forum where I am a moderator:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Inspire--13275?pid=322734#pid322734
    JRWooden likes this.
  18. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for feedback from some of you certified smart people!

The Res Med manual I found about using a vehicle battery with a Res Med CPAP was pretty straight that you could use a vehicle battery to hook up to and run a CPAP - but you shouldn't try to run a CPAP AND start a motor as a transient might damage the CPAP. Now this sounds pretty logical.

In my case, I'd be hooking into my toy hauler batteries. No motor starting up, but I do have a furnace fan that sucks up a lot of power. My question is what happens when the furnace fan comes on? I know the furnace fan will lower the battery voltage by about 1/2 to 7/10ths volt while it is running - probably more when it starts up. So should that start up event be enough to cause a transient that would damage a CPAP? The furnace could come on and off 6 or 8 times during the night.

O.K. Additional part of the puzzle. I'm in process of going from a two six-volt golf cart battery system to a four six-volt golf cart battery system in the toy hauler. I'm preparing for my wife's CPAP which came home with her this week. Will the second two batteries (i.e., higher capacity) tend to temper the furnace fan's disruption of the electrical system regarding our CPAP's?
  19. BJMoose

BJMoose that trick never works

Oddometer:
    With the capacity all those batteries would provide, why not use an inverter? Skip the whole DC voltage altogether.
    JRWooden likes this.
  20. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    I'm with @BJMoose the damn converter bricks are expensive,
    and if you would only need them for the toy hauler outings I'd get an inverter and be done with it.
    Check the Resmed manual, I don't recall the type of inverter that is required.
    Cheap inverters put out a wacky voltage wave, while the more expensive inverters put out a "true sine-wave"
    like the utility company provides.

The inverter brick I had (but sold) was the Resmed brand and it would shut off if the input voltage got too low,
    so if it were hooked to your toyhauler battery and the furnace kicked in it might drop the voltage low enough
    to have the CPAP converter disconnect I can't recall if it "auto-reconnects" when battery voltage recovers or not....