CPAP. Is my ADV life over? NO!!!!

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by NachoRoto, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Delta61

Delta61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please report back to us on your findings and what type of cpap and settings your using. Looking forward to to what you find out as i am very interested in the PS-45 also.
    mb90535im likes this.
  2. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    AND findings on successfully reaching a full charge from the 12v bike electrics.
  3. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    IMG_20200610_072846.jpg
    Hold those thoughts. 110 AC outlet was DOA. I think these folks are on the west coast, so it will be a while. Disappointing, but what can you say, "Chinese QC." I'm hoping they will overnight me a replacement on their dime since I have a camping trip planned for this weekend.

I will say I am impressed with the size and weight of this thing, especially compared to the 12V "Hoveround" battery I am currently using for power outage situations at our cabin.

Now we will see if they can impress me with their customer service. Left VM with Antigravity Customer Service shortly after 7:00 AM, PST.

@Antigravity
  4. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    Is that 110 AC outlet for charging or for drawing power (or both)?
  5. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    It is output.

The charging is via a 15v 2.4A AC to DC adapter. The fact that it is 15V is why the person here who appears to be with the company says it will likely not fully charge from a 12V bike system.
  6. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We appreciate the understanding. We typically try and stay on top of the threads during our working hours 7am-4pm PST, but I also try to share my direct email as often as possible in the reply's as it's a much quicker way to get a hold of us especially since we often don't see the notifications from ADV and we are all working remotely. Really sorry to hear about the 110v port not working as that's the first time I've come across this, I'm assuming you tried alternatives and plugged something in directly to run off it? Shoot me a direct email when you can to see what we can do.
    Best regards,
    Chad
    chad@antigravitybatteries.com
    Bigbob1 likes this.
  7. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Chad, @Antigravity, for contacting me. I've received the return authorization label and instructions and will be getting it shipped Monday. Luckily, I have a "plan B" for my trip this weekend. I'm also interested in learning more about the solar charger's capabilities because my ultimate goal is multi-day completely off the grid capability.

Also, I sincerely apologize for being an impatient ass, especially under these Covid-19 challenges that businesses are facing.
    I've just been super focused on getting this trip organized (Rain Man, "Wampler" focused as my better half, @Lurker Lynne, would attest.)

Bigbob1 and Antigravity like this.
  8. GS Weaver

GS Weaver idiot

Oddometer:
    I got a chance to use my PS-45 this weekend. I camped Friday night and used my Resmed S9 for 8 hours on Autoset with no humidifier and it only brought the PS-45 down to 75%. I charged it off the bike on Saturday (a full day, about 12 hours of riding) and it was fully charged. Saturday evening I used the PS-45 again for about 6 hours and it brought it down to 75%. I also used it to run powered inflator for my mattress pad and pillow and charged my cell phone from dead.

My only real complaint is that the LEDs (power percentage, AC on) are crazy bright and stay on all night. Easily solved with a piece of electrical tape but still something to remember.
    Antigravity, mb90535im and Bigbob1 like this.
  9. Bigbob1

Bigbob1 Rain Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's good news for a lot of us, thanks for the update
  10. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I've got the RA label for my PS-45 and hopefully will get it shipped back to CA today. Looking forward to receiving the replacement and giving it a try. Lugging the 12v lead "Hover-round" battery is no fun. Fortunately, the campground where we stayed had power I could borrow to recharge Saturday while we were out riding.
  11. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    Do you mean you recharged it from a 12V cigarette outlet style charger and it reached full charge?
    That would be awesome.
  12. messickk

messickk n00b

Oddometer:
    I am trying to use a REMstar Plus C-Flex (no humidifier). The back states 12v/5amp. From reading various forums, it seems as though the CPAP should use much less than 5 amps. However, using the Poweradd pilot pro 32000mAh battery, the CPAP would turn off after about 1 second of operation. I know the Poweradd is only rated to 4.5amps. It appears that I may not be able to use this CPAP with this battery. Can someone tell me what the HDM Z2 states on the back as far as volts/amps?
  13. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    I have a REMstart auto A-Flex which is almost identical and the Poweradd works VERY well for me! I'm not sure what the difference is and if you were closer I'd absolutely try to help figure out why it won't work. Perhaps we can figure it out here? :dunno

Are you able to post ALL your settings, even the hidden ones in the secret menu? Perhaps as a starter I'm curious what your ramp up pressure is set to?
  14. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    Could you post a link to the particular charger and cable if applicable you used on your back for this please.
  15. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear it worked out great for you and thank you for the feedback...we really appreciate it and want to hear how these are performing in real world scenario's and use that feedback to see if anything can be adjusted to make the model and other future products better.
    -Chad
    chad@antigravitybatteries.com
  16. messickk

messickk n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for trying to trouble shoot this. Here is all the menu options (I believe).

Mode = CPAP
    CPAP Pres = 8.0
    Flex Type =: C-Flex
    C-flex + = 3
    Ramp Time = :20
    Ramp Start = 4.0
    Tubing type Lock = Off
    Tubing Type = 15
    System One Resistance = 0
    Lock System One = Off
    Auto On = Off
    Auto Off = Off
    Mask Alert = Off
    Ramp Back Light = Off
    Show AHI/Leak = On
    Silent Mode = On
    Lang = Eng

Let me know if there is any other info you need. This REMstar is a new unit that I have not used yet (sleeping). I would like this to be my travel unit.
  17. GS Weaver

GS Weaver idiot

Oddometer:
    I attempted to use the Gerbing connector that was already hooked up to my battery to a simple male to male DC connector. Link Here. The Gerbing connector was unfortunately slightly too large. I didn't find out until I was getting ready to leave for my trip, so I used a bit of force and electrical tape to get me through the trip. It worked, but I'll try to find a better connection off the battery for next time.

It worked fantastic! The only other area I would improve on would be to add a dim version for the light in the back. The 2 blinking speeds seem overkill, I would rather have blink, low, high, off. But obviously not a huge deal.
  18. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Ok, so the thing I notice right off is that you're using 15mm tubing where you might actually be using a standard 22mm tubing. :dunno Can you check that or post a pic of your tubing? The only other thing I can think of atm is that perhaps you can bump up your ramp pressure up a bit to maybe 6ish?? I have mine at 8 to start. Also, I have my Auto On and Auto Off both set to On.

Hopefully we can figure this out!
  19. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    I may have the connector you need. Can you post a pic of what you already have along with perhaps a measurement of the connector opening? I have a ton of extra adaptors and may be able to hook you up.
    GS Weaver likes this.
  20. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Like this:
    20200615_104425.jpg