Craigslist Find Of The Day

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Road Rash, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers Scared shiftless ! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Piece was correct. Art? Not ratty enough.
  2. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer:
    There is such a thing as bad art....

CK
  3. Boneheadnw

Boneheadnw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. Dragon Rider

Dragon Rider Thought is free--WS

Oddometer:
  5. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Computerized

Oddometer:
    He just says what every one of us has thought about but didn't have the balls to actually write.

It's so painful selling a bike on Craig's anymore.
    No-Fret likes this.
  6. Almost There

Almost There Up, up, and away

Oddometer:
    I may copy/paste his ad the next time I sell something on CL. I swear 9/10 emails are a complete waste of time.

I refuse to sign up for Facebook but the anonymity of CL leads to too much bs.
    Trinity_Session likes this.
  7. tommybelvedere

tommybelvedere Adv alacarte'

Oddometer:
    I have had equally good and bad on CL lately....lots of bullshit but some truly cool people can still be found out there! I am on there quite a bit with bikes/parts...can't complain because it come with the territory of selling shit for free
  8. Westcoasthumpin

Westcoasthumpin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No-Fret likes this.
  9. Westcoasthumpin

Westcoasthumpin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No-Fret and Gootch like this.
  10. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I understand that the bike has a title. I was hoping - given that the seller writes it was last registered in 1962 - that he would use the comment, "ran when parked."

Actually $900 for this sort of strangely cool bike doesn't seem too bad. If I didn't have my own lousy bikes to work on (which I've gotten awfully tired of) and a wife who might literally murder me if I squeezed this into the garage, it'd be a decent project.
  11. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River Supporter

Oddometer:
    Someone, please, talk me out of this. I've always desired a V65.

https://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/d/mccall-1985-v65-magna/7329914507.html

1985 V65 Magna - $3,195 (Cascade)
    image 7 of 7
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful V65 Magna with 50,000 miles, runs so good, tires are good, seat is like new, passenger back rest, Spit fire windshield. Everything work the bike is just too tall for me. Comes with a back rim/with tire and a front wheel and a few other extras. This bike was the fastest stock production bike built in 1985, 1100cc, 4cylinders with 4 carbs. I hate to sell it but it is too tall or maybe I am too short.
  12. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Computerized

Oddometer:
    Well, I don't think I'm the right person for the job as I owned an '86 and really enjoyed it while I had it. There is a problem with getting oil to the top end that can be fixed and 50K is pretty high miles. You might be able to find one for that price with less on the clock.
    IDRIDR likes this.
  13. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River Supporter

Oddometer:

Like this abomination? JFC!

https://boise.craigslist.org/mpo/d/meridian-1985-honda-magna/7326025438.html

1985 Honda magna - $1,000 (Meridian)
    [​IMG]

I am selling a running Honda magna 700. It’s a cool bike. Needs a little work but would make a fun project for someone. Asking $1000 o.b.o. Has a title, half bobber. Make it into something rad or ride it as is. Carbs have been cleaned and gone through! The clutch will need to be bled to be rideable and a battery will need to be bought
  14. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Why is 50,000 miles a lot for this? Perhaps for the asking price maybe, but aren't these as reliable as any other VF/VFR engine? I wouldn't want to deal with the carbs or valves but the engine should be good unless I'm missing something?
  15. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Computerized

Oddometer:
    No. Not like that one. :lol3

Perhaps just personal opinion but I consider 50k to be high mileage on any bike. Especially one priced like this one.

The V65's are known to have a number of potential issues:

1) Camshaft lobes and rocker arm faces often have excessive wear.

2) Cam chain tensioner rattle.

3) Gear shift arm spring. When I had mine I found that this little part breaks often enough that my dealer kept them in stock for me. When it breaks, you're stuck in that gear until you make the repair. Needs new clutch cover gasket on each repair (not a cheap part.)

4) The big one is what I mentioned already...consideration of an oil system modification to improve oil flow to the top end. There is much written online about it. Google is your friend.
    Guano11 and IDRIDR like this.
  16. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Computerized

Oddometer:
    A little lower miles. Not sure I dig the custom HD colors paint much. Bet you could get it for $2500 cash.

1985 honda v65 magna - $3,000 (lexington)

[​IMG]
    Westcoasthumpin and IDRIDR like this.
  17. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Computerized

Oddometer:
    Nice Bumblebee (with matching price)

2004 BMW R1150gsa GS Adventure - $7,490 (LAKE CITY)

A rare find. Not a speck of dust on it - ridden to the opera and back with a quick stop at Nordstrom. Abs, Heated grips, Jesse luggage, Touratech steering stop and tool box, two windshields, tank bag, service records and manuals. Fully inspected with a clean bill of health.

Contact us via phone, since the Craigslist e-mail relay system is not a perfect way to communicate.

BMW Motorcycles of Seattle is now open! We are located at 11532 Lake City Way NE, just a few blocks north from the old RideWest / BMW Seattle M/C location. Visit us at www.bmwmcseattle.com or call 206-420-6686 or better yet, come by for a personal visit.
    We offer bmw and credit union financing on both new and used. Home delivery is available. See you soon!

[​IMG]
  18. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Computerized

Oddometer:
  19. Trinity_Session

Trinity_Session Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  20. cteunuch

cteunuch Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Same exact bike as my first real street bike. Man I thought that thing was a rocketship then!