Craigslist Find Of The Day

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Road Rash, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Dusty Pipes

Dusty Pipes Riding Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    You would think in all that time he would have gotten the title sorted... makes you wonder.
  2. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    :scratchYes it does.
    redlabelmoto likes this.
  3. Derek939

Derek939 Available in Extra Medium

Oddometer:
  4. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Baroquenride likes this.
  5. HydroDog

HydroDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Look What You've Done

Oddometer:
    Apparently we can look for this one on BaT soon. The (quite arrogant) owner was clear that it will fetch $10k there. :augie
  7. Guano11

Guano11 Stop me if you've heard this one....

Oddometer:
  8. TK-421

TK-421 Master of Mediocrity

Oddometer:
    You're right, I had to click on it after that... Looks like the ad has been edited but the seller's love for himself still shines through. Nice bike and good luck with the sale. :norton
    Guano11 likes this.
  9. TS888

TS888 Deer dodger Supporter

Oddometer:
    It has spark plugs. And decals.
    WolfNman likes this.
  10. TS888

TS888 Deer dodger Supporter

Oddometer:

Sounds like a fun guy to grab a beer with. As long as you don't invite him, so you get both beers and no BS.
  11. PNWRR

PNWRR A study in Mopishness

Oddometer:
    "I’m a straight shooter, there is nothing wrong with this bike except the fact that it’s been sitting 7-8 years."

:nah

Don't want to open that can O' worms.

:drink
    WolfNman, Guano11 and PaulBarton like this.
  12. DLFLHT

DLFLHT I'm a little fuzzy

Oddometer:
    Someone ain't happy with the new owners of the Vancouver HD dealership!:lol3 He spent five bucks to say his piece on CL ...

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/d/vancouver-shame-on-you-volcano-harley/7377353378.html

That's the same outfit that owns Jet HD up in Renton and a few others. Jet seemed a little shady when I tried to deal with them in the past. I also talked to a guy who was buying a Pan America when the dealership transitioned between owners - the new outfit tried to screw him over and only backed off when he threatened to get his attorney involved.
  13. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Well stated too. Not the usual angry drivel you normally see with these. That's the HD dealer close to my house- I didn't know it was called Volcano HD.:lol3 Vancouver HD doesn't sound angry enough? :photogThey do have a nice showroom they have to pay for somehow...might as well screw the customer.
  14. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    Passed along to my HD riding friends in the area. Both said they really liked previous owners, Columbia HD, and were sad to hear that the place has now apparently turned into a genuine 'stealership.'
  15. Trinity_Session

Trinity_Session Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    PaulBarton likes this.
  17. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    That's a good looking price. The bike, not so much.
    WolfNman, MUDHWY and PaulBarton like this.
  18. MUDHWY

Oddometer:
    Question for you Oregon types. I could use some insight about a potential purchase in your fair state. I live in and am a resident of Idaho.

Private party selling a bike on Craig's that I'm interested in says he just bought the bike himself less that two weeks ago from another private party and realized right away it isn't going to work for him. He is re-selling now with a signed title that was never put in his name. I know this gets done all the time but technically it's questionable (title jumping) and I understand there is some risk to the potential buyer when they try to title and register in their home state.

My ignorance starts here...He says that the seller did not report the sale made to him to the state and left the title "open" by just signing it (no date? I'm not sure.) He's saying that OR titles don't have a sales price line item on the document (ID does) so no price was listed or recorded with the state when he bought it. Do OR titles even have a detachable sellers form to send in to the state or not? He thinks he can contact the previous owner and get me a BOS made out to me. Would that eliminate me having any issues at DMV or is there still risk involved?

The guy sounds like a straight shooter and he said the guy he bought it from is local to him and would likely be amenable to the whole thing and even someone I could talk to about his ownership of the bike.

Thoughts? I didn't know where else to post this so sorry for threadjacking the CL thread with this (hopefully just temporarily.) TIA.
  19. Almost There

Almost There Up, up, and away

Oddometer:
    I think it more depends on what Idaho is going to require. We don't pay tax on the sale so there is never a sales price recorded. We have 30 days to transfer titles without paying a late fee. That is for Oregon to Oregon. There is no time limit for out of state to Oregon transfers. I never put an out of state bike into my name until the tags are expired.

I would recommend getting the signed title as is and then a bill or sale from the current seller so there is a record of them owning/having possession of it(see below). There is a detachable portion to report a sale but I can't remember if it is on the title or registration.

We are supposed to report the sale and I always do that. Had a car I sold over a year earlier involved in some issues and the popo came to talk to me about it since I never reported the sale and the buyer never registered it. Oops. Lesson learned, always report the sale and always document ownership.
    Apple Jam and MUDHWY like this.
  20. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers Vespapa Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, this! I “sold”, ok junk fleeted out, a car. One of those $1500 trade in any vehicle promo’s that used to happen.

Well it ran, it ran good enough to rack up tolls and a red light camera. The dealership never recorded shit. Somebody drove the crap out of that shit box till the tags expired.

That took some sorting out. The dealership was fined somehow.
    MUDHWY and Trinity_Session like this.