Crash Bar Bags - Altrider Bars on Super Tenere

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by GSequoia, Nov 8, 2019.

1. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wanted to jump in here to showcase the Storm Industries bags by our own @corrado113. I picked these up in advance of a week-long Sequioa National Forest camping trip with just me and the Super Tenere (Five nights in a different backcountry dispersed site each night, no set destination just going wherever my map took me each day, only say another sole on one night. It was fantastic!). I got them from Brady's website at http://www.stormind.net/store.html The bags are made to order and I was a little apprehensive about whether they would arrive on time but with a couple of e-mails ahead of time Brady got me hooked up just in time for my trip.

The panniers attach to the Altrider crash bars with four Velcro straps. In the week of riding I never had them come loose. Pictured here is the LH bag in place.

[​IMG]

I used this as my go bag for commonly needed items - Maps, compass, and my Surefire headlight.

[​IMG]

They filled the bag nicely with room left over for additional items, if needed.

[​IMG]

The right hand bag attaches much like the left.

[​IMG]

Keeping the strap tight leaves adequate room for airflow off the radiator. I was riding through temperatures up to 105ยบ while getting to the mountains with no issues with the bike (me on the other hand, I was hot as hell!).

[​IMG]

This side carried my oh crap tools. Micro Start jump box, tire plug kit, compressor, some tools, and tow strap.

[​IMG]

This load out filled the bag up a bit more than the left hand bag but you could still fit some additional items in, if needed. Note this is the hot side of the bike. While I didn't notice any objectionable heating to the bag I wouldn't use this side to carry my candy bars.

[​IMG]

I do not regret this purchase, I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of them.
    lukasteam likes this.