Crash Toad River last month-Thanks

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tango, Jul 23, 2004.

1. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just a brief thank you to the guys who stopped to help me last month in Northern BC around Toad River after I was returning from Inuvik.I know they said the were site members and I think they were from Texas.I can't remember much more -although we did exchange names.I wasn't feeling great at the time and I forgot .If you see this please get in touch.

Best wishes'

Colum
  2. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think one of the guy's may use the handle NEWBMW rider but I can,t find him listed.Any thoughts.Come on Texans helps me find these guys!Please
  3. GSteve

GSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Tango, hope things are better than when we saw you last at Toad River. I'm from Colorado and have been relocated to the Northern Virginia area since we sent you south to Fort Nelson. Mself and Charles Hehl, from Pennsylvania, were glad to do whatever we could to help.

We did the Arctic Circle on the Dempster and the entire Dalton while we were wandering around. We felt bad about your situation. What was the total damage to you and the Adventure?
  4. tango

tango Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey great to hear from you.Sorry I didn't get the chance to properly thank you at the time or even after a decent interval.The upshot was a comminuted fracture of my Left radius(broken wrist),Fracture Right 10th rib,avulsion fractures both ankles but Right worse that Left,and the muscles around the Right shoulder were pretty strained.Sounds pretty bad but really only 3 days of significant pain the rest was /is fine .I will be out of arm cast in 2 wks.The worst part was the 2000 bucks it cost to deadhead a pickup after driving to Edmonton-but what can you do.Repairs have been postponed partially because of my injuries but mainly because Ricky Kuhn is so far behind in orders.He's had his problems too I understand.Bye the way what happened to the pic your bud took of me with the ADV salute I would really love a copy.Both you guys were great in organizing my gear and generally dealing wiyh everything while I was getting my head together.I really appreciate it.Maybe you could PM me both your addresses etc I'd like to send you guys something by way of thanks.And again I'd love a copy of those pics.If your ever in Alberta let me know.The way you guys looked after me was what motorcycling is all about. :thumb mates.
  5. GSteve

GSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you're doing OK. The list of injuries sounds extensive at first glance, but you make it sound like "no big deal." Good outlook. As to the salute picture, I think Charles is still working on those. He only uses film, does his own processing, and is quite a perfectionist.

I'll PM you his e-mail. By the way, no thanks necessary. I've been there, done that and some guys I didn't know took damn good care of me. It's just part of being a rider.

I bet you're ready to be done with the cast. My one, and hopefully only, experience with those wasn't pleasant.

I just sent Ricky a check today for a set of the Fastways. Great guy to deal with. He's a perfectionist also. FYI, Charles tested a set of Ricky Bars on the Dalton and they came away in perfect condition. Great stuff!

When I get back up your way, I'll be in touch. Very nice part of the world, by the way.

Take care