CRF300L and CRF300L Rally

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Lapchik, Nov 10, 2020.

1. FranknStein7

FranknStein7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lame. Wish we could get the lowered versions in the states. The CRF250L still seems too tall for me. Will have to try a lowered seat.
  2. dankatz

dankatz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While not the same, a kouba link will make life much easier for those who need it lower. It is not hard to install. I've had them on a DR350SE and my wife could ride that bike. Make s a big difference. Once you get used to the bike you can take it out and resell it.
    FranknStein7 likes this.
  3. WalterMitty2

WalterMitty2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

And they appear to have bumped the tank size up a bit for the 300Rally. I think it's currently 2.7 gallons and the 300 looks like it is now going to be 3.3 gallons. Different gas caps too between the 300L and 300Rally.

I hope the L also gets a slight bump in the size of the gas tank as well.
    Motonirvana likes this.
  4. WalterMitty2

WalterMitty2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

We need lots of real world pics when it arrives!!! Also, please ask them if they have any inside scoop on when/if they are bring it to the USA.
  5. Johnny919

Johnny919 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure the size of the tank will remain the same on the L model, although it looks like it may be plastic.
  6. Johnny919

Johnny919 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think the official reveal is this Friday the 13th so hopefully we will know more then.
  7. breakm

breakm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah thats why I mentioned day rides with 1 or no refueling for Rally. This year I started doing longer day rides on my regular first version L, and I really think its fine for 350km a day (~220mi), nothing worse then gravel, no mods except protection.
    New Rally would not be just fine, it would be almost perfect for such rides, could easily make them bit longer too, easy option for quick return home using highways without being scared of trucks.. its now what it should have been from the start.
    I know that L is basically the same, but looking at complete package (purpose, wind protection, range on tank), for Rally it clicks now, for L considering its purpose it clicked before too, now just better.
    hookeniggy and dankatz like this.
  8. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    The usual answer is.....don't know.....which is quite common in Thailand, i contacted Thailand Honda 2 weeks ago about a 2021 Rally version, the lady even called me back, she was actually very friendly and helpful with don't know answers (reverse psychology doesn't help) , but that's the whole purpose for me sharing what come's up, real world pictures, will try to do a test ride, or even buy it, not sure yet, covid got me stranded here on a Rally, probably a good thing, but i will ask about what the plan is, E 6 and E10 and even E20 tells me the CRF 300 Rally is already TUF and DOT homologated, here E3 is the standard here, maybe i'll buy one we'll see, as soon as have anything you'll see it here, and the 250 Rally Thread.:clap
    breakm and Adanac rider like this.
  9. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    Should have been a 350
    :hide
    CNRED, enduro16, DavidM1 and 4 others like this.
  10. hookeniggy

hookeniggy Good at getting lost

Oddometer:
    Thanks for teaching me my 4th Thai word, "Mai reu reung" i ask my gf , she says i don;t know....:rofl
    Cuttlefish likes this.
  11. duckster1959

duckster1959 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a 450, maintenance adds up to an hour a month.
    tennyis likes this.
  12. grisif

grisif Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There's a load of videos on youtube of these new bikes if anyone wants a look.

For me, the only downside I can see is that they both appear to have the same suspension components as the previous 250L (ie. too softly sprung + no piggyback shock), which was the main downside if you liked to up the pace off road. So they will need upgrading also. The Kawasaki KLX250S's suspension was always leagues ahead of the CRF's off road, and Luckily I think team green might be here to the rescue once again. Here's why:

Kawasaki releases KLX230 earlier in the year which makes no sense given that the KLX250S is still in production.
    Kawasaki also releases the off road only KLX300R at the same time, with modernized fuel injected 300cc engine.
    Kawasaki then discontinues KLX250S.
    Kawasaki then teases new KLX dual-sport model for they're November 23d event.
    I cant see it being a 250 given the recently released KLX230 + they now have a nicely modernized 300cc engine.
    Fingers crossed = KLX300S Dual-sport?
  13. tennyis

tennyis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    damn looks good, I should have waited to buy my 450L as this probably suits me better. Oh well!
    GonzoDirtso likes this.
  14. tennyis

tennyis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    everyone gets so hung up on it, it's actually better intervals then it's competitors. It's not an ADV bike, if you want something to ride a 1000 miles a weekend don't buy a 450l lol
  15. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:

I'm even more certain it will come now...

Honda are rationalising their small bike range with the 286cc ('300') engine - the CB125X concept was patented earlier this year, and the CB125R and CB300R share the same frame (just different engines and mounting brackets) - so if the 125X appears for Japan and EU A1 licence riders, I'm certain there will be a 300X version too for the rest-of-world markets.

[​IMG]
    photo. CB125X concept at EICMA 2018

[​IMG]
    photo. ...same frame as CB300R

My wallet is waiting!

Jenny x
  16. Lapchik

Lapchik Tinkeritis posterboy

Oddometer:
    I heard KTM is going to start making more in-between sizes now too. 250...275...300...325....350.

But seriously, no 400?!

Attached Files:

slideways likes this.
  17. Jakebrake

Jakebrake Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love my 250 rally for back roads but when I hit the highway to get back home I can barely maintain 100km/h especially if I’m bucking wind so The extra hp of the 300 rally would be perfect
  18. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    Bring back the 380 and 200 TOO!!
    enduro16 and AHRMA17L like this.
  19. skywalker714

skywalker714 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Make it a twin 350!
    tomo8r likes this.
  20. Meet@Trudys

[email protected] Hoser

Oddometer:
    Here is a few new videos if you want to look at the bikes, some people may be able to extrapolate some info from these. My interest if definitely piqued.

Ginger Beard likes this.