Crime in Baja . . . discuss.

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Pelon, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Andres A

Andres A FINDING NEMO

Oddometer:
    McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
    :clap:clap:clap:clap right.

2. John Ashman

John Ashman Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I agree. Much of the problems in Mexico are our fault. Calderon has a helluva job on his hands, but like Uribe in Colombia, doing the hard thing works in the end. It will be tough times for awhile and it does make sense to avoid the border areas. Me? I'm doing Pelon's dream ride. I'm doing a one way trip to La Paz.
  3. John Ashman

John Ashman Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Just remember two words :1drink - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7zevPed3Ss

As an aside, spanish speakers don't say "yo quiero taco bell" (hell, I'm pretty sure they never use the words 'taco bell' ever!) , they say 'quiero......'. The pronoun is only there for when you want to really emphasize who is doing what for some reason.
  4. piercalif

piercalif Biciveloce

Oddometer:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I got down in Mexico quiet a bit not with motorcycle yet since I just got it. I have to say I have been everywhere and I really never felt in danger. I usually go with my car a flashy H2 Hummer wich I hate to take but what can I do it's the only car I have.<o:p></o:p>
    People need to realize that Mexico it's just a different place... if you camp in the middle of no were you are setting up yourself to get mugged, even if 95% of the time never happens. You don't clime on dirt roads that you don't know because some drug cartel may be operating there etc etc .... to make it short you need to be more aware. But I find that people are always nice to me and always have a blast of course help that I am fluent in Spanish since I am Italian. What I do is this: If I stay over night, I usually get an hotel with protected parking, I don't get drunk in bars if I am alone and don't get too friendly with people I met on the street specially if they are try to sell you something or take you somewhere. In addition I also want to say that right now in Tijuana there is fight for power, different gangs from the south of Mexico are making the way up to take control of drug traffics extortions etc.. So you want to be far way from those areas really quickly DON'T TRUST THE POLICE and take different routes. If you want to go to Rosartio , Ensenada or more southÂ… skip Tijuana and go from Tecate of Highway 94 it is really a beautiful drive.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    PS: I just got a motorcycle and plan to go down a lot in Mexico , write me if you need a riding partner.<o:p></o:p>
    Have fun <o:p></o:p>

Piero<o:p></o:p>