Cross PA Adventure Trail

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by ejm4, Nov 17, 2020.

1. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. CannonsvilleRider

CannonsvilleRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I missed that, thanks for bringing it to my attention, I don't have my "mapping computer" with me, but should get to it over the weekend.
    kubcat likes this.
  3. Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @CannonsvilleRider What is the status of that Buckhorn Loop?? Its colored light blue for proposed. Has it been proven?? Is it dirt. Is it street. Is it trail??
  4. brasscycle

brasscycle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buckhorn loop is about 70% dirt, features open farmland, state forest, state game land roads. All roads are public access, with no trails. This loop has been ridden many times in the past. On May 2nd, 2021 I'm organizing a group ride utilizing this loop. Starting @ 10am at Buckhorn Exxon.
    Cattledog1969 likes this.
  5. Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about the Wellsboro1 and 2 tracks??
  6. kubcat

Oddometer:
    Light blue donated routes are definitely "real" routes, as they typically are laid out on public roadways. I believe when @CannonsvilleRider imports donated tracks, he leaves them light blue until/unless he gets input(s) from the donors (or willing test riders) to map the route according to his key. As happened above with @brasscycle, getting feedback from the donors is always a good approach.
    Cattledog1969 likes this.
  7. CannonsvilleRider

Oddometer:
    I was planning to ride and classify the Pennsylvania routes myself as a reward for my upcoming retirement. My employer still has mandatory quarantine and testing for any out of state travel so I haven't been willing to cross the state line. That all changes on June 9th!
  8. kubcat

Oddometer:
    Congrats. That's the date we take to the CPAAT. BTW, NYS has lifted all visitor quarantines as of 2 weeks ago. Maybe your employer has or will soon change their policy as well.
  9. CannonsvilleRider

Oddometer:
    I have fixed the truncated portion of the CPAT route that I missed earlier, but I did not color code it yet. I am hopeful that my employer will relax the travel restrictions, but suspect it is still weeks away. In any case, I am free after June 9th.
  10. brasscycle

brasscycle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bkendig76 likes this.
  11. bemiiten

bemiiten League of Adventures

Oddometer:
    Nice video , but I had to turn the sound off. :lol3 The Tenere makes it's own music :D
  12. john.thorp

john.thorp Titan of Industry Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who built this track and what’s your address? I need to know where to mail a check for $1,000,000 because this is stupid fun.

Well balanced, great roads all around.

I know this comes up but I’ll be the one to say it here. I’m so grateful for this website and the people that make this stuff possible.

Thanks all who participated.

I’m on a hot rodded XR650L and I doubt there’s a more perfect bike for this trip. But I only have three days so I’m skipping some parts, so to anyone planning this trip I would give yourself that as a minimum, unless you can be in the saddle 6-8 hours a day.
    NJ-Bill and kubcat like this.
  13. CannonsvilleRider

Oddometer:
    That would be BrassCycle!
    kubcat likes this.