Crossing Ontario - Quebec border

Discussion in 'Canada' started by PunisherADV, Jun 9, 2020.

1. PunisherADV

PunisherADV Tiger Explorer

Oddometer:
    Are Ontario riders welcome in northern Quebec? Planning a trip to James Bay and beyond. Thanks!
  2. Avneet

Avneet n00b

Oddometer:
    I do not know from first hand experience, but my friend was able to cross into Quebec earlier in Ottawa.

He did say that there are police there at the border during 'work hours' that question people going across, but if you cross on a side road somewhere, you should be fine.

We were also planning a trip north of quebec city!
  3. Rossland Rider

Rossland Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Also bear in mind that a lot of small remote communities aren't letting "tourists" into their community, separate from provincial restrictions. May be worth checking in with the native band offices up there, it would be a drag not to be able to get gas etc
    DyrWolf and JoWhee like this.
  4. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    There are no provincial border checks that I saw riding from NB through QC to ON. Only NB has a border check in place as far as I know.
  5. pelvis_98

pelvis_98 Havin A Time

Oddometer:
    There was checks at the Ottawa Gatineau border, but they have since stopped that. I cross over all the time for work and they are no longer checking. They have just moved to being everywhere close to the border doing speed checks.
  6. Rubberlegs

Rubberlegs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    YES! It would appear that every police officer in the province of Quebec has been handed a radar gun and a large ticket quota. Since police officers do not and have never wore masks (at least, none that I have ever seen) It would appear that a badge is all one needs to protect a person from infection.
    Cal, 16VGTIDave and pelvis_98 like this.
  7. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    The road to James bay has a guard house at Matagami that you are supposed to check into before heading up. If I was a betting man, I would wager that gate is stopping traffic (and Tourist Southerners) from heading any further.

You might want to make some inquiries. https://jamesbayroad.com/jbr/index.html
  8. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    It might be best to cool your jets until the Pandemic is actually over, instead of running the risk of introducing the problem to remote communities. Everyone is champing at the bit - you're not alone - but now is not the time for it.
  9. revitup

revitup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be heading up this summer to Radisson/Chissiabi/Long Point for sure. I try to make it a yearly event.
    RumRunner likes this.
  10. DyrWolf

DyrWolf Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    And that's why I like you people!
    nick949eldo likes this.
  11. GS937

GS937 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you make this trip? Thinking of doing this trip. Thanks, Kevan.
  12. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I don't understand the need for folks to be moving around like this, unwarranted. Do everyone a favour and stay in your own yard.

B10Dave, Ronzo69 and 250senuf like this.