Crossing Provincial borders during lockdowns

Discussion in 'Canada' started by borderlinebob, May 24, 2020.

1. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    Just announced Ontario provincial and private campgrounds to open this Friday, the 12.
    Hopefully includes showers and washrooms open.
    And restaurant outdoor patio areas will open.

Will definitely make it easier to travel in-province here.
    RumRunner and EmmEff like this.
  2. Bayner

Bayner Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot of folks (at least in the Okanagan) have residences in both Alberta and BC but choose to use AB for vehicle registration and insurance. We all know the reason of course...
    knight likes this.
  3. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    True, I'm surrounded by Alberta neighbors, some of who are semi-permanent BC residents that insure their vehicles in AB. This was in the campground itself, where the Gov't announced that only BC residents would be allowed for the time being. There are lots of vacancies there, so no BCers are being displaced anyway. Isn't there a 6 month limit to using a non-BC registered vehicle in BC before registering it in BC?
    glasshousebc likes this.
  4. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it's three months to update plates and drivers license. If they ever get into an accident they could be SOL
    Cal likes this.
  5. SSPhoto

SSPhoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My understanding is BC Parks will only accept reservations from BC residents, but if there's open sites you can still try your luck and just show up and get a spot, even for out of province people.
  6. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for correcting me, I think you're right about that, RESERVATIONS will only be accepted from BC residents but it doesn't sound like anyone else is prevented from using parks that have vacancy when you arrive. Our local park appears to be about 50% occupancy at this time.
    Thanks for setting the record straight!
  7. canuck 1

canuck 1 nautical disaster

Oddometer:
    Actually if you are a resident in BC but your main work is in Alberta you have to have AB registration
    gpfan likes this.
  8. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    From Ont. parks website(washrooms-yes)= Facilities such as showers, laundry, group camping, picnic shelter rentals and swimming pools will remain closed for the season.
    https://www.ontarioparks.com/covid19
    gpfan likes this.
  9. borderlinebob

Oddometer:
    Thanks for hat info Todd
    Heading east this Sunday cross top of Superior but looks like no provincial parks this trip.
  10. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    PEI Premier King is saying an Atlantic Provinces bubble could happen in early July. Good news for us here on the extreme east coast. I love riding here and have seen every road possible many times over. I have done most areas of the Atlantic provinces as well but it gives me the possibility of not having to deal with as many slow moving RVs and road pirates.
    Ymirtrials and Millwright98 like this.
  11. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    I like the thought of that. Imagine no RV's on the Cabot Trail, dang!
    Millwright98 likes this.
  12. CDMAN

CDMAN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As soon as New Brunswick and Nova Scotia borders open we will be there mc touring the southern end of NS.
  13. damurph

damurph Cold Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The far east of the far east of North America
    Methinks it might not be this season. The Atlantic provinces have had extremely low rates of infection as opposed to QC and ON thus the discussion of an atlantic bubble.
    shuswap1 likes this.
  14. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Entering NB was pretty ridiculous with long line up and recording of license plate and your driver license - all the while handling my license with bare hands after I handed it over and other officers had gloves but kept the same pair on with each encounter and handing over of documents. So who is the vector point in that situation? I don't agree with having to show and have my information recorded to move around Canada and enter the province I live in but I knew that was the deal, just don't agree with it and this slow creep to watchdog state.
  15. borderlinebob

Oddometer:
    /\ /\ /\

Totally agree with you and it bothers me that I even had to start this thread.

“IF” it was anything but health and guvmint at any level put a plan like this in place I’m quite sure they’d have a full revolt on their hands.

They really can’t stop determined folks from sneaking into the country, but got us who are already here going on the internet to figure out if we can move around within Canada.
    Are we too submissive?
    I know—health related!

It was almost comical yesterday watching ON reps explaining “family circles “ and “social circles” and the differences.
    On the other hand it was scary thinking our guv is actually explaining such a thing. Like being in the Twilight Zone
  16. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Well you look at how people are responding, snitch lines, public shaming and so on. People can't think for themselves and go through the motions thinking they are being clean and safe, like the officers on the NB border handling everyone's ID without hand washing or changing gloves or Justin Trudeau heading to the cottage for Thanksgiving weekend. Sanctimonious virtue signalling. Protect those that need it at their choosing and let everyone else decide for themselves. Anyhooo….looking forward to voting my views soon.
    Bayner and Cal like this.
  17. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    J. T. ?
    Thanksgiving? last year? i wasn't social distancing either. my bad?
    gpfan likes this.
  18. The Maz

The Maz Clueless and lost

Oddometer:
    I think he meant May long weekend.
  19. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    My bad, meant easter. Can't keep the religious holidays straight. Turkey, chocolate....it's confusing :lol3
  20. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    gpfan likes this.