Cruise control opinions

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by HLC, Jan 31, 2019.

1. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    I have a problem with my hands going numb if I have to hold the bars constantly. The first thing I do to any bike I buy is add a throttle lock, if it doesn’t have cc. I have cc on my Goldwing and I love it. I use it quite a bit.
  2. d2wing

d2wing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had a number of bikes with and without. I much prefer having it. It allows me to rest my hand, wrist and shoulder. All injured when I was younger. I also like it on trips and long rides. My sport bike doesn't have it, as a result I only use it for short rides. I suppose if you are young and have sporty roads to ride you would not care about it.
  3. Matt-J2

Matt-J2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There were 4 of us at the Chicago IMS recently, all riders of sport(y) bikes and track riders. Cruise Control came up a lot when discussing various bikes, and common consensus was it should be on just about anything that can have it.

It was mostly for the same reasons mentioned throughout this thread. So I don't know where the market is, but I think tides are shifting on this one.
  4. Gillus

Gillus High Desert Rat Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    8M4991 Caterpillar O-ring will help a lot for wrist fatigue, less than $5.00 shipped.
  5. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    While that works, it is not cruise control, it is a type of throttle lock. Do you use a brick on the gas pedal in your 4 wheel vehicle ? :augie
  6. Gillus

Gillus High Desert Rat Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not my intent to refer this to a brick, just something to take a bit of spring pressure of the throttle off the grip. A true electronic cruise control is a brick strategically placed to maintain speed, an o-ring needs the rider to maintain some grip control. It works good for me. maybe not for you, sorry.
    NxtGoRnd likes this.
  7. dondesmo

dondesmo Senior Squid

Oddometer:
    +1 Catepillar O-Ring works great
    NxtGoRnd likes this.