*CSC 250cc RX-3 Cyclone

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Chad05gsa, Sep 3, 2014.

1. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:

IMO a 500cc with that kind of weight might be acceptable, not a 250 though. At 375lbs it's not like you're getting a good off-road capability and at 26hp you're not getting good distance capability. Let me qualify that by saying I'd be bored to tears riding a 250 wrung out on the roads we have out west. In another country or possibly back east the 250 might be sufficient. It's definitely a step in the right direction, give china 5 more years and I think their bikes will be allot more common in the US.
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    @
    I agree, especially at altitude and loaded with touring gear. Granted it's a motor and will move along even if you just need to use 1st gear...but a 250cc motor is not a balanced package for the end weight of upwards of 600lbs after rider & gear. This bike has cheap price going for it now and that alone will pull in a certain # of buyers, but the 250 will have many just saying pass. Now a 500cc motor in their will get ALOT more to stop and say mmm let me consider this among my options. I'm not a bigger is better freak, just like to see well matched motor for the weight. I do see enough of these selling to make it work as thryy look well put together.
  3. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where I live, this bike would be about perfect. No freeways. Lots of dirt and gravel roads. 25- 26 horsepower from a 250 ain't bad. I don't think anyone else in the US is bringing these here yet. They are already in many other countries. Looks like a hell of a deal at $2895.
  4. apleschu

apleschu Chief Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    25 HP on a 250 is the same displacement/hp ration you get on all modern not extremely high strung EFI engine these days. 100HP/L displacement seems to be rather standard lately.

I for one am seriously considering this bike to add to the stable
  5. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:
    The issue isn't the hp/litre it's the bikes weight. Most 250s weigh in at 275-300#. That 26 hp will be pushing 375lbs bike + rider + gear. The figures kinda speak for themselves in regard to performance. If that's within your realm of acceptable I think this bike is a great choice at that price. Out west that kind of power to weight ratio would be sorely lacking first time you dropped into a sandy wash or tried to climb a mtn pass around 12K' which are fairly common situations out here.
  6. 73Mustang

73Mustang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The weight is fine. It's not a trail bike for god sake. It's also not a MX bike. It's basically a street bike with a little bit of offroad capability. The weight of the bike is inline with other liquid cooled 250 street bikes. Compare to other adventure bike the CB500x, this thing is 50-70 pounds lighter. This is a travel bike for poorly maintained dirt roads.

This bike is in a category with no competitors. I'm excited because of the low seat height and its light weight. Being able to flat foot this bike, I can use it as a everyday bike in the city also. The closest thing is the CRF250L, but the CRF has tiny gas tank and tall seat and no luggage racks.

I think this thing can be popular with height-challenged riders/ women/ beginners/ cheap skates...if it is reliable and there is decent parts support.

However, I'm concerned about the long term cost of servicing the fuel injection system. Like any other FI system, it's expensive to fix.
  7. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:
    If you really think 375# is inline with other water cooled 250s than this bike would be a good choice for you. There's no competitors because most manufacturers wouldn't saddle a 250cc with that much weight on a platform that's going to get loaded up. The design looks sound, features seem pretty nice but the displacement to weight ratio is sadly skewed to the porky side. It should be fine for dirt roads, city streets and possibly 55mph freeways, outside that you're going to be sadly disappointed.
  8. 73Mustang

73Mustang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, it doesn't appear to be a true offroad bike. With 8" ground clearance, one'd have alot of trouble on single track trails.

Anybody care to guess how much 2-gallon of gas, full rack system, engine guard, and hard boxes all weigh ? I'm guessing 30-lb. The 375-lb spec includes all that.
    A CRF without all that accessories weighs 320-lb. Add 30 to that, a fully adventure-ready CRF would be about 350-lb.

The RX3 is just 25# heavier than the CRF.

Also, we don't know if the 375-lb spec is accurate or not. I've seen China bike spec include the weight of the shipping crate.
  9. Chad05gsa

Chad05gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree with it's not the lightest of bike to weigh ratio. But I think it's also going to have some advantages to the weight. Most noticeable in any kind of wind on your slab commuting. A full bore mx bike it is not, but it does have some great features out of the crate and for a relieve decent price. Hopefully it does well here in the states. Then hopefully we will see a larger engine displacement later on down the road.
  10. zhu

zhu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does have rather odd sized tyres 130/80 x 15 rear and 100/90 x 18 front. Seems you can choose mags or spoked wheels and you can buy it without the boxes for a reduced price.
    Also has a couple of stands that can be attached to the frame for servicing , I guess that way you don't have to include the weight of the stand in the bikes specs...In any case it didn't feel heavy, but I have been riding Chinese 250's for the last seven years so I have forgotten what a light bike feels like.

Had a ride on a well used bike which belonged to the boss of the shop. His had 10,000 miles on it ( no idea why he had the thing set to miles ). Anyway it went well , good brakes and a great induction roar. Will post a few close ups when the firewall goes to sleep
  11. RFVC600R

RFVC600R No sand here :'( Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd ride it. I bet it's like a heavier KLR250. the KLR is already slow :lol3
  12. zirconx

zirconx Midwest Traveler

Oddometer:
    The weight is inline with other street bikes of this size. I think you might be thinking about dirt bikes or dual sport bikes.

Honda CBR250R 355lbs
    Kawasaki Ninja 250R 375lbs

I have a CBR250R and it has no problem keeping up on the interstate. Unless you are going up a steep hill. :-)
  13. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    15" rear wheel? Very interesting
  14. wolftrax

wolftrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CSC will have a 17" option as an option.
  15. espacef1fan

espacef1fan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmm.. VERY interesting...
  16. zhu

zhu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. zhu

zhu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Also you guys should know that in China they are offering a 30k two year warranty with unlimited roadside assistance .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tin boxes lol
    At least you get a discount if you reject them.
  18. zhu

zhu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. zhu

zhu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. HH

HH Dahlonega GA

Oddometer:
    I think this a great offering in the land of fat, giant, bloated I gotta have everything supersized US. I would not be ashaimed to ride one of these. Bring them on.:clap
    BikerDave likes this.