*CSC 250cc RX-3 Cyclone

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Chad05gsa, Sep 3, 2014.

1. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some of these cats would complain if a company came out with a bike that could fly. :lol3 :freaky
  2. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Jockey

Oddometer:
    That's kinda standard these days, most product introductions include social media if you want market penetration. Anytime a product gets introduced in an open forum, facebook etc... there will always be advocates and dissenters. Hopefully Zuo read my comments and introduces a 500cc version, I'll be willing to bet acceptance (and sales) would be significant. :wink:
  3. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yea, but this ain't exactly Facebook. Granted Stu and company don't let Thumpers turn into a JM/CSM free for all. But you still can't block or control what people say here.

And, for the most part, we actually ride these things up here. :lol3

But I get what you are saying about online buzz.
  4. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for you, Tony. :thumb Zongshen bikes have good engines, and are built with rugged frames. I don't think you will be disappointed. :D

Spud :beer
  5. Mollygrubber

Mollygrubber Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer:
    Will there be a dealer network in Canada as well? This thing would fit my wife a treat, it's hard finding a low seat "adventure" bike she will be confident on in dirt.
  6. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any bike that is built to carry 15 people and a crate of chickens, will probably work for me. :rofl
  7. MotoJ

MotoJ Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer:
    *Bump*

I put myself on the list for an orange one. I haven't convinced myself 100% to actually buy one, but time will tell. Kind of concerned about support, since I live on the right coast. Anyone else east of the Rockies on the list?

I've been reading the Silk Road thread and I was kind of shocked the guy was having all those wheel bearing problems. I don't know whether to put it down to newb on a poorly set up bike, or if the thing is poorly engineered and uses crappy incidental components. I think he ruined a sprocket too. Under 10K KM is too soon. Anyone know more about those issues?

Who's going to take a chance on this thing?
  8. wolftrax

wolftrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I live on the east coast and I haven't thought twice about support for this bike. Part of the adventure to me is wrenching on my own bikes. The first order of business will require checking all the fasteners and liberal use of blue lock tite during set up.

I was initially concerned about the rear bearings. If I remember correctly the Silk Road rider replaced a chain before the wheel bearing failures. I'm willing to bet a spacer was left out on the rear wheel during reassembly.

I'm really looking forward to this bike. The older I get the slower I go and I think it's going to be a really good fit for my wandering.
  9. MotoJ

MotoJ Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer:
    I wrench on all my bikes too but Im hoping this one wont need much
    beyond maintensnce. FranklyId like a bike where the wrench/ride ratio is tilted 95%
    to the ride side.
  10. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl The Eternal NooB

Oddometer:
    Problems like bad bearings are generally easy to fix at the factory. Bad bearing are some of the easiest of the problems to solve on the road too and even bikes costing 6-7 times more have much more catastrophic problems...even when new.

The only way to really tell is to put some saddletime into an RX3! If all goes well ADVMoto will be ringing one out. :clap

Cheers,
    CC
  11. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's good news about ADVMoto, Carl. :nod Did ADVMoto post about this, or do you have insider information? :ear

Spud :beer
  12. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good video Spud. Thanks for posting. :freaky
  14. lobolator

lobolator Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, we were not able to test ride the Cyclone RX-3 during our visit. CSC brought three bikes over from China on special permit, one is currently undergoing EPA/CARB emission testing that requires the bike to run non-stop for 5,600 miles (9,000 km) on a Dyno machine. The other two bikes must be accounted for at all times and cannot be ridden without risking a $35,000 fine.
  15. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    5600! :eek1 Sheesh, you'd think 1000 or so would be a reasonable test. :huh
  16. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    The test is a standard series of tests that all motorcycles undergo prior to US certification. We've been through it several times with our other motorcycles. The test requires the higher mileage to confirm that the emissions equipment won't degrade during use. The government agencies that handle these kinds of issues are frequently criticized, but I can tell you as an engineer that the tests make sense. As a long-term California resident, I can tell you that our air quality is dramatically better than it was 30+ years ago.

Keep an eye on the CSC blog, where we'll be posting updates on our progress.
  17. Huck369

Huck369 Huckster

Oddometer:
    I'm in Kentucky, and on the list (Also an orange one)
  18. dogonit

dogonit adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Huck: I am also on the list and for an orange one. I'm also wrong coast in south central Va. My only reservations are with support, which I guess we will have to wing at least at first, but will give it a try. Started reading about this company from Spudrider on the TW200 thread a good while ago, and later purchased a TW200 which I like, but would like a bit extra for more extended riding. Going to take a leap of faith, I think.
  19. StoneAgeMan

StoneAgeMan Wanderer

Oddometer:
  20. Huck369

Huck369 Huckster

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I do most of my own service anyway, and sounds like the Cyclone will be easily serviceable if you're used to turning wrenches.
    But I'll let you know if I find any good parts suppliers on this side of the US :)....maybe a Meet at the Dragon some day :)