*CSC 250cc RX-3 Cyclone

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Chad05gsa, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    The AJP PR5 motorcycle also employs the Zongshen NC250 engine. Unlike the Gas Gas bike, the AJP bike shares the Delphi EFI installed in the Zongshen RX3.

http://motoajp.com/ajp-enduros/pr5-enduro/

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wfXkidS91us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spud :beer
  2. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    To all those complaining about the power/weight of this bike, this is not the bike for you. Have you checked the "minimalist touring" thread? Some of us like small bikes. I used to ride big bikes. Heavy, clumsy, awkward, and the power was worthless most of the time. I traded a KLR650 for an XT225 and never looked back. Small bikes can be serious fun. This looks like the perfect minimalist touring bike if it turns out to be reliable. If it turns out to be reliable, and the price does not go above $3500 before I find out, I will probably get one.

But, make no mistake, price is what this bike is all about. If the price goes up to CRF250L levels, then there is no reason to buy one. Get the CRF and a rack. The Chinese cannot expect to get Japanese prices for their bikes. Not yet anyway.
    Daeouse and Dualsport Chic like this.
  4. wolftrax

wolftrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:

+1. I had a Husky TR650 and is was a serious fun bike to ride. After purchasing a CRF250L the Husky sat in the corner and collected dust.
    I find it much more fun riding a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
    Dualsport Chic and SlugRider like this.
  5. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I also don't subscribe to the philosophy that bigger is necessarily better. I enjoy the light weight, economy and simplicity of small displacement, single-cylinder motorcycles. For example, I much prefer my Honda CRF250X to the 450cc version.

[​IMG]

If I were riding 'the long way round,' I would much rather take a 250cc motorcycle than a large one. :nod

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yl7MrW9Fe7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Dualsport Chic likes this.
  6. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. rascalflyer

rascalflyer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am really hoping to get my hands on one of these beauties soon. I really like how a small bike handles, they are so much fun. For whatever reason we started believing that bigger bikes were better and for a while I drank the Koolaid. I have come around and I like smaller bikes again. Also when I travel I like smaller bikes. Traveling through Mexico and Guatemala a smaller bike does very well and I know this bike will be awesome for that purpose. Riding in the western states with long stretches of open highway I will still appreciate the big bike performance. I can't believe that no other manufacturer has imported something similar in size and options. This new bike is surely generating a lot of buzz and when it arrives there will be a lot of people that will love it and buy one while that other side will criticize it without ever riding one. I put my name on the list and hopefully will be one of lucky ones to get an early bike.
  10. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    As a guy working for CSC who has put a few miles on these bikes, Rascal, I am very confident you will love the bike. I rode one back-to-back with my Gen 1 KLR this past weekend in some pretty miserable weather. While the KLR has more power, the RX-3 handles way better and is actually a more comfortable ride. It is much more planted in the rain. Don't get me wrong...I love my KLR and I'll probably keep it forever, but this new bike is a game changer. I can't wait to get mine, too. If you follow the blog, you know about our planned Baja Inaugural Run, and I hope you will be able to join us.

You are right about the haters. Nothing anyone in the motorcycle business can do about that. We don't mind it, though; it's all part of the process.

Back to the RX-3...keep an eye on the CSC blog...we're posting new stuff nearly every day. And if you have any questions, just give us a call at 909 445 0900.

[​IMG]
    Singlespeed92 and Daeouse like this.
  11. NevadaWolf

NevadaWolf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just stumbled upon this bike.

Looks awesome and actually fits what I've been looking for in my next bike.

Must read more! :D
  12. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anyone wishes to learn more about the Zongshen RX3, please feel free to visit our thread at ChinaRiders.com. :nod

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13440

Spud :beer
  13. rascalflyer

rascalflyer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I put the deposit on my bike today and I am so happy just thinking about the bike getting here just before my birthday. I can't make up my mind though blue or white. I am planning on taking the Baja trip, I just love riding in Baja but I usually do it alone so this trip will be different and exciting. It's tough to get everyone's schedule to take a long trip together. I was telling my wife that I was getting another bike and she gave that look!!! The guys that have been married a long time know what look I am talking about. Then I said Hon this bike is less than the upgrades I have put on other bikes. She then said fine but now I have to go shopping with her. The one thing I truly hate!!!!! If men were supposed to enjoy shopping than the internet would not have been invented.
    I was making a mental list of the upgrades to my last new bike that I bought.
    2013 DRZ400 otd $7800

Suspension lowering $1000
    Corbin seat $400
    Custom center stand $300
    17 and 19 wheels $1600
    luggage rack $200
    Givi panniers $650
    Ims 4 gal tank $200
    foot pegs $75
    heated grips $100
    High output stator $200
    sprockets $100

Acc total $4825

I would say that the RX-3 is looking like a bargain.
    LM15 likes this.
  14. Huck369

Huck369 Huckster

Oddometer:
    I wish I lived out on the west coast, so I could join in on the BAJA ride, but no chance of that happening for me....but at least I'm only 3 hours from "The Dragon" so I'll just have to try it out there next summer :)
    Singlespeed92 likes this.
  15. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for you. :thumb In addition, I'm sure you will discover the cost of riding and maintaining the Zongshen RX3 will be much lower than you have experienced with other motorcycles. My Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra) requires less maintenance, and costs less to operate than any of my other motorcycles. In addition, my little Zong is a lot of fun to ride, and that is why I have ridden it over 67,000 miles. :D

[​IMG]
  16. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, my first wife was like that...

The RX-3 is indeed a bargain.

I was up in the mountains today on the Cyclone. Camera is out on the bike and I'm getting ready for a class, but keep an eye on the CSC blog. Photos to follow later this evening. This is one from a ride last week...

[​IMG]
  17. rascalflyer

rascalflyer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    67000 miles! that's impressive. I recently had Suzuki TC185 retrofitted with a 200 cc chinese motor, I believe is one made by Lifan and I got to tell you that that old bike came back to life and has never been this much fun. I was sort of forced to look into a replacement motor for this bike. The regulator caught on fire when I put a new battery and it burned every other wire in the bike going all the way to the generator/starter. It would have been way more expensive to fix it with original parts if I could find them so I was ready to thrash the bike when on of my local shade tree mechanics told me that he could put a chinese motor in. I am glad I tried it and so far I am impressed with the performance. I got a whole new motor with carb and cdi for $500. I only have about 2100 miles on it but it runs very smooth for the size and I have done 3 oil changes and adjusted the valves just to make sure and it seems to run smoother now. Those little motors have come a long way in the last few years. The only problem I had was getting an exhaust to fit right and look good but then again that was a one off build.
  18. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    No comparisons to a WR250R? I'm sure there's a good reason for that.
  19. jsinclair

jsinclair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really want this bike to be good.... So much so that I almost put a deposit on one. I'm aware that the Chinese can make a good product , but the same company can also make an absoulut pile of shite that looks just like the good product. Its hard to trust a manufacturing company that operates like that. If any american company made business decisions like that they wouldn't last long...... I'd pay 7-9k for something similar that I could have faith in. Come on Polaris, you make enough money from razrs to take a chance on building something like this.
  20. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes you just have to take the chance, although you wouldn't be taking much of a chance here. The quality is superior. I was out on the bike a few hours ago (posting more photos on the CSC blog now) and it was awesome. We'll sell you one for $7-9K if you'd like and donate the difference to your favorite charity...

[​IMG]