1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

CSC City Slicker

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by gatling, Jun 5, 2018.

1. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are bringing a new electric motorcycle to the US (you can read about it on the CSC Motorcycles blog) and we are looking for inputs as we refine the bike's design. We did this when we specified our RX3 ADV motorcycle and we received great inputs from this forum. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
    RCmoto and duvy like this.
  2. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    Link to page doesn’t open for me.

I do like the appearance of the bike shown above though.
  3. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul

Oddometer:
    Nice. Looks like better performance than an E-Grom.
    Wish it would handle 45mph for commuting around here.
  5. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    The top speed is right at 45 mph.
  6. falcn

falcn Squidless Soul

Oddometer:
    Derp, I should learn to read more good.
  7. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX n00b

Oddometer:
    I’ve long been intrigued by both electric bikes and small bikes, so I’m definitely interested. The only problem is that where I live this couldn’t serve any purpose other than a neighborhood toy.

It definitely seems like it’s be a good bike for somebody living in an urban area (hence the name). I’m just not sure I could justify the cost (whatever that may be) for something I couldn’t get more than a couple of miles from home on.
  8. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    I like the belt drive, the appearance, and the price. A bit more speed will help get more sold outside of cities, but will suffice for downtown commutes where speeds seldomly exceed 45mph between stoplights. Still though, an option for a smaller rear sprocket should help it achieve higher top speed with some acceleration/climb reduction and as an acceptable trade off.

551 GVWR - 216 bike weight leaves a respectable 335lb carrying capacity - good for the avg 2 up. Yay for torque! (Thanks for the reminder firstshadow)

Range seems decent for an urban commuter. Can you share more about the battery’s chemistry, amp hours/KWh, voltage, torque, etc. thanks
  9. firstshadow

firstshadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^ From wikipedia on GVWR:

"The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers."
    voltsxamps likes this.
  10. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the recommendations, VxA. As we understand and get more information, we'll be posting it on the blog. I just finished another post with more photos, etc. Much of this info we already have, but I have a 16K brain and I'm still working to absorb it all. I'll be out on the bike again tomorrow. This e-bike stuff is grand fun.
    voltsxamps likes this.
  11. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only real requirements for my commute is 45 MPH top speed which it has. Maybe another 5 MPH for margin since a few roads are are right at 45 MPH and people go faster. My commute if I take the scenic way is about 11 miles each way or 7 miles if I keep it in town. If it had a solid range of 40 miles I could commute and do some other stuff as well!

Can't really get any scale on size? I know its a small bike but it looks like it might be a tiny bit larger then a Grom. You can commute on a Grom but its a bit sketch and definitely watch out for moms (or dads) driving the soccer vans. They simply can't see you. If the City Slicker has a bit more bulk it would be all the better!
  12. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    LH, a couple of shots of me on the bike in Chongqing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics....

Looks to be about the same length as the Grom and maybe a bit taller. Front end shot shows a bit more bulk as well. I commute on many scooters and those work out fine for size. However for some reason I feel a bit more threatened out there on the Grom. Likely all in my head!

During my 2nd visit to the blog I found the tentative range and speed specs. Its really close and would work for my commute if I kept it more direct and in the city. Hence the name!

If Zongshen could put a more powerful motor and squeeze 50 MPH out of it get a bit more range out of it the City Slicker would check all the boxes. I do understand that you do have limitations with the technology and cost though. Squeezing another 5 MPH would likely take twice as much energy and you only have so much to play with when it comes to current battery tech and what can fit within the space you have to deal with on the bike.

I think its certainly going to be priced right. It would do nicely for all the local city stuff I have to do and a conventional internal combustion engine does not ever warm up properly and/or traffic is so bad you waste a lot of fuel idling away. A bicycle would be the best choice but I feel now days its even more dangerous then on a motorcycle out there and I am a bit on the lazy side. Also a few recent health concerns make such a rigorous activity a no no!

Really looking forward to the lower (almost non existent) maintenance. Lately changing oil is a messy job and I have grown to hate the gas pump. Obviously the City Slicker won't replace all the ICE machines in the garage but certainly will have its place. Probably pay for itself after a few years!

Yep if I take the car every day to work plus some other errands I spend about $2,000 in fuel a year at $4.50 per gallon. So basically after a year the City Slicker has paid for itself and you had fun doing it. Now of coarse I would not be able to ride the City Slicker every day and gas is not yet $4.50 per gallon but even at today's prices and predicted use I would say the City Slicker would pay for itself after 2 years. I don't really drive much either so for others the curve will be much shorter.
    EvrythingAwesom likes this.
  14. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. MJSfoto1956

MJSfoto1956 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you think that QSmotor will ever make a 4000W or 6000W version of the mid-drive motor assembly you are using?
  16. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be guessing if I gave an answer, and I don't want to guess...too many people would take it as the gospel.
    MJSfoto1956 likes this.
  17. Rokoneer

Rokoneer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ignition switch? :lol3
    Ogre_fl likes this.
  18. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I commuted on my TT250. I took a route I would likely take if I had a City Slicker electric bike. Distance was 7.3 miles each way. Most roads were 25 MPH or 35 MPH. One road has a speed limit of 45 MPH but is highly congested. Average speed ended up being about 35 MPH on that road and I briefly had to do 45 MPH but I was literally just sprinting up to the next traffic light. The most frustrating thing is a lot of traffic lights and several stop signs. One road was literally stop and go gridlocked. My clutch hand was exhausted by the time I was done with my 50 minute commute. Yeah its that bad!

An electric bike would be nice for the commute!

As is the specs on the City Slicker work out pretty closely. Maybe some sort of switch that would allow for a slightly higher top speed at the expense of range? Really would like to be able to do 50 MPH so I don't get a BMW enema but it would only be briefly.

I want to order an AGM battery for my TT250. Will call CSC next week and get that battery ordered and talk about the City Slicker and get my name on the list or put down a deposit on one! See if they are hinting at color options. Every CSC bike I own is orange in some fashion. Orange is the fastest color. A City Slicker that is white in color with orange writing has my name on it!
    ag_streak likes this.
  19. Neil E.

Neil E. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That reverse feature is nice. Might not be necessary on a street machine, but could be real handy on a trail bike. I've had a few times on single track where I've been going so quick I almost piled up into recent deadfall on the trail. On a steep downhill it would great to be able to back up to get free of trail trash.
  20. voltsxamps

voltsxamps Advolturer

Oddometer:
    I think it was a smart move to have a safety switch to disengage the throttle until you're ready to ride. I've accidentally launched my EM a few times without me on it during my course of ownership - I learned quickly to hop on first, then turn the key. There are times when I nose in my 400lb FZ-07 in a parking spot that has a slight decline wishing I had a reverse to help me get back out. The City Slicker appears to have a pretty low seat height as well as a fairly low weight so I don't imagine I would need the reverse often on a bike like this, but could come in handy from time to time. I do like the gauge cluster - clean looking and purposeful without trying to look fancier than it needs to be.