CSC City Slicker

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by gatling, Jun 5, 2018.

1. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Took Slick out for a run today. It has been while since we had the rainiest Septembers on record and then it got crazy cold for about a week. Today we had a short break and fairly warm for what we usually get this time of year. Nothing really new to report other then Slick ran good and I did not notice any range or power issues with the colder weather. It may feel warm in the sun but its maybe 60F at its peak. Not really that cold but we are still used to the hot temps in the Summer.

I can tell you after riding around on an electric bike it sure stinks paying $45 every week or so filling up gas in the cage. I have got stubborn in my older years and have gotten lazy about riding in fowl weather. Its just easier and more comfortable grabbing the car keys then a motorcycle and riding gear. The worse weather and bad drivers certainly helped the decision. It sure is heck of a lot more expensive. If I filled up my car weekly I would exceed what I paid for Slick. Hmm...maybe I should right the heck out of that thing?

We got a few nice days starting Wednesday. Hopefully I can commute on those days since commuting on Slick is literally money in my pocket. Of coarse they are talking temps down in the low to mid 30's which will make the decision tougher!
  2. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks slick, guess it is called the City Slicker. :D

Thanks for sharing pics. Makes me lean toward ordering a black model.

3. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What insurance company did people use for the City Slicker?
  4. apostate

apostate Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Progressive
  5. aneess

aneess Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @longhaul747 Did you notice an improvement in range after your latest controller update with the slower eco mode?
  6. topaz024

topaz024 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alan Hu shredding with a BAC2000 controller and field weakening

Looks like he's pushing 60mph on the top-speed test?

Also worth nothing that in the comments, he says he is developing this as an aftermarket performance upgrade, to be sold by CSC themselves! :O :clap

mtwillyman, kpinvt and RCmoto like this.
  7. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the City Slicker still has more potential despite the big improvements with the stock controller. 2 biggest mods I would like to see is a aftermarket controller that opens it up even further and some sort of battery pack that you can place in the storage area for more range. These parts being sold and backed by CSC that are safe for the bike is a big plus as well!
  8. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing these.

Personally don't mind paying a little more to know you get CSC service if something goes wrong.

You have a link?

9. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pulled the trigger, ordered my black model. Was told by CSC they are selling fast.

Anyone registered the City Slicker in Maryland? Have tips or advice?
  10. topaz024

topaz024 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it's 50-state legal, so it will register exactly like any other motorcycle does in your state
    accurate likes this.
  11. r60man

r60man Long timer

Oddometer:
    I understand that, and it makes sense. How do insurance companies wrap their heads around the bike not having a displacement? I know when I went to register my K1100RS they wouldn't insure it because the bike wasn't on their list. Hmmm, it was only made for 4 years, but it existed. Didn't matter the insurance company wouldn't touch it. So with electric bikes do they go by a displacement to Watts conversion? I am just curious.
  12. six41

six41 n00b

Oddometer:
    Sadly Safeco put this in the category of "other motorcycle" when I contacted them. That led to a cost of $265/year (ouch). I felt it was better to stick with them so it's part of our overall insurance package.
  13. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed this I did not see it last time I browsed this thread.

I have not yet actually swapped my prototype controller with one with the latest programming. I hardly ever use ECO mode anyway so its not the highest priority but will at some point. Ironically I notice better range now then I did with the original controller even with the better performance. The original programming must have been very inefficient. Not much time riding Slick between the weather and my work schedule. It got cold quick and last time I took Slick out I was cold enough to pass on it next time!
  14. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. apostate

apostate Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    With a top speed of 65 km/hr (40 mph) and an actual working range of about 10 miles (see the post on the Boom thread by an actual owner of one), these two bikes are not interchangeable. I'm glad I paid the extra money for the Slick to get 50 mph and a 30 mile range. The Slick is still an excellent deal at its price.
  16. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You would have to upgrade the battery @apostate on the Boom. Whether that be a Lithium-Ion or SLA. It also reads kph instead of mph and requires setup by you.

Boom has shortcomings but still good to be aware of options. Boom has a larger seat and a rack which is nice though. I saw one guy put batteries in saddlebags to increase range.

I think the City Slicker, and now the Wiz, is worth it due to CSC support and service from @longhaul747 posts.

I am a bit concerned about battery longevity. Will I want to drop the $1,095 on a replacement? Will I want to build my own Lithium battery? We will see...
  17. six41

six41 n00b

Oddometer:
    Have folks swapped out the mirrors on Slick? If so, I would appreciate your recommendations.
  18. accurate

accurate Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. TheCaptNemo

TheCaptNemo Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. TheCaptNemo

TheCaptNemo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got some off amazon, they look good but the arms are too short so it makes it hard to get a good view, so still looking