CSC City Slicker

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by gatling, Jun 5, 2018.

1. MJSfoto1956

MJSfoto1956 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. millican

millican Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What color is the backlight of the City Slicker's instrument cluster? I've noticed quite a few electric machines have a very bright blue dash at night. I find that pretty obnoxious as it seems to screw around with night vision. There are plenty of images online of the cluster in the daylight, but I didn't see any in the dark.
  3. millican

millican Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I finally found a video that answered my question. It looks like the display isn't backlit at all, but just white or gray illuminated text and symbols. I've got a 10-year anniversary gift to pick up for my wife soon, and then I'll most likely be ordering one of these guys.
  4. topaz024

topaz024 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    City Slicker and Wiz are on black friday sale for 2195! (300 off) plus another 200 off if you pick up at the store :O
    RCmoto and ADVDucs33 like this.
  5. ADVDucs33

ADVDucs33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Both are a great buy, if I was getting one. My TT250 from them has been a good horse.
  6. Dsharon

Dsharon n00b

Oddometer:
    So I just ran our controller and battery pack upto CSC yesterday for the reflashes. Put it back in the bike this morning and at key on, the pack reads 0%. It was full prior to the flash. Cell voltage was showing ~ 4780mV on all 17 cells at the time of the flash. Anyone else experience this with the new software? Can't call them today or tomorrow obviously.
  7. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm....first time I have heard of this on a fixed setup. Its possible maybe the battery randomly went to sleep during or before the reflash and just needs to be woken up again? Try plugging the charger in and letting it charge to 100% and see if it happens again.

My City Slicker has been stored since mid October because of weather, vacations and now a back problem. I am a little concerned my battery back went back to sleep but hopefully if it does it will just need to be charged up again.
  8. TheCaptNemo

TheCaptNemo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did not experience that at all- does it run at all?
  9. Dsharon

Dsharon n00b

Oddometer:
    Key on reads 0% and a flashing charge icon. Tried key cycle with no luck, tried the plugging it in for 30secs trick with no luck. Battery indicator on the pack it self shows all red LEDs. I left it plugged in on the charger and have stepped out for a few hours. Will check what it shows when I get back.
  10. aneess

aneess Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've seen that before but usually when you start the bike it goes back up to 100% and is ready to go.

With the latest BMS update, my battery never goes to sleep. It definitely discharges down to 0% if not used for 30+ days though. The manual recommends charging the battery every month or so even if it's stored/not used.
  11. Dsharon

Dsharon n00b

Oddometer:
    Just checked it, it had been on to charge for approx 4 hours, directly at the battery pack. Dash still reads 0%. Will not go into Ready, no Park light. Here is the indicator on the battery, with the final Led blinking: IMG_20191208_140607.jpg

Given what the pack is showing, I am thinking it's time to double check all connections under the "tank".

Anyone know if the BMS outputs directly to the dash, or does it go via the motor controller? Or is it a CAN bus between the three?
  12. aneess

aneess Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am guessing it goes through the controller first as the controller has to regulate energy usage. It sounds like there is connection problem at the controller level indeed (under the faux-tank). I would double check that. The battery seems fine.
  13. Dsharon

Dsharon n00b

Oddometer:
    So i thought I found the problem. Then I rode it, now I got bigger problems.

First of all, connections into the controller are fully seated. The sub connector for the small controller connection is also fully seated. I cycled the square connector for the battery data line harness and it finally showed battery at 100%. But not a Park light and Ready, however those had always been a bit interment. Took a second look at the battery data line sub harness to make sure all the terminals were seated and noticed the metal body of the round connector to the battery was loose. Turns out it is missing it's retaining screw, and I suspect I probably have a broken wire inside it, as you get it twisted just so and you get full battery.
    IMG_20191208_143557.jpg

So with that finally in place and using some tape to hold the body clocked to a position where it works i set off on a test ride. No Speedometer. Made great power, and for a 1/10 of a mile the speedometer worked. Power/Eco switch did not. Neither did any Regen. Stop at the house and cycle the key, won't go into Ready mode, but shows 99% battery. Cycle harness again and now back to 0%. Check connections at controller again, and still tight.

So besides needing a new sub harness for the battery, I am thinking I got a bad controller flash or need a new chassis harness