1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

CSC City Slicker

Discussion in 'Electric Motorcycles' started by gatling, Jun 5, 2018.

1. TheCaptNemo

TheCaptNemo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't noticed any creaking. I also haven't tried carrying anything heavier then the occasional bag of groceries so maybe that's why. You could probably add a drop or two of loctite when putting it together and make sure everything's snug.
  2. TheCaptNemo

TheCaptNemo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure the electronics needed to connect to the app are only in the version made for sale in China. It's too bad though as I would love to be able to connect my phone.
    ikev85 likes this.
  3. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    I should not have been so flippant. A creaking noise is usually a quick slipping or movement where two or more items are bolted together. You might be able to isolate the source by hitting the rack with an open palm, but probably faster to just loosen and re-tighten each fastener.
  4. ikev85

ikev85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No creaking from my rack with a milk crate bolted on. I didn’t initially put the side supports on, but did that and re-tightened all the bolts at that time.

Carried some heavy groceries (8pks of soda water) and takeaway food.

also swapped out the number plate bulbs for LED. Gonna look at h4 LED headlight bulbs today, Ran around for a bit last night and the incandescent bulb it ships with is kinda garbage.

Attached Files:

5. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Took the City Slicker out for a run since it had been a while. I have to be careful since I let the license expire last November. Washington has put an additional $150 fee on top of already insanely high license fees for electric vehicles. So my tabs will be about $300+ for the year. I decided to give this year a pass hoping the fee gets removed or at least removed for a little motorcycle. If its a Tesla I kind of get it but a little electric bike the size of the Grom its stupid. I will renew on my anniversary in November. Washington does not make you pay catch up as long as you do it a day after your anniversary date. In the mean time I just borrow a plate off another bike!

It had been about 4 months since last time I had taken it out. The battery was asleep but luckily plugging in the charger solved it. Took it on a 25 mile run and battery range was not affected by the long term storage. When I got home I was exactly 50% and briefly hit 50 MPH on a slight down hill grade.

I forgot how fun it is to ride and surprisingly comfortable. Its also fairly capable and only steep hills slow it down a bit but honestly any small motorcycle will slow down anyway. It runs nearly identical to my Honda Grom except the Grom will have a slightly higher top speed on a flat road. Climbing hills its just as handicapped though. Handling is good up to a point when its easy to scrape the foot pegs. Normally you would lean with the bike but on the City Slicker its best to lean the opposite way so the bike does not lean as much. Its a different technique but you can go surprisingly fast around corners. The brakes seen rather effective as well. This is good since you don't have an internal combustion engine creating resistance helping you slow down!

As always its natural to suffer range fatigue and if it had more the merrier but 25 miles and 50% remaining is "A" okay I guess. It really helps not keeping the throttle pinned and really studying the road and taking advantage of down hill grades. My average speed was about 35 MPH so if I could stick to 25 MPH routes range would be even better.

I think here in the next week or so I am going to install the final revised controller. I got a prototype of the fixed controller currently in my City Slicker and CSC tweaked it just a tad more for the final fix. So when I had my battery re flashed I had them to the same to my original controller. Its my understanding the ECO mode works better. Probably take it out for a test run again when fixed.
    Jay_In_Milpitas and Motorwerx like this.
  6. ikev85

ikev85 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  7. IndigoSwann

IndigoSwann Pirate

Oddometer:
    Milkcrates +10 points. No sheepskin seat cover -20 points. Love what people are doing with the City Slicker!
    ikev85 likes this.
  8. ikev85

ikev85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great for groceries, food takeaway, etc. we’ve even done bags of mulch and birdseed from the local hw store
  9. IndigoSwann

IndigoSwann Pirate

Oddometer:
    I love the idea of a city utility elec bike like the UBCO 2x2 for stuff like this - just not paying the premium right now for one!
    ikev85 likes this.
  10. ikev85

ikev85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You could almost have 3 city slickers for the price, buy two and mod one to be a cargo bike. They’re very cool though.
  11. ikev85

ikev85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    liberpolly and TheCaptNemo like this.
  12. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    Per the CSC info page for your City Slicker, max rated carrying capacity is 330 lbs.
    He didn't bother to post the weight of the hack on his site, figure at least 150 lbs.
    Then you will need to design and fabricate mounting for the CS, since it's nothing like the three bikes he has listed.
    Also, $1500-2000?!
  13. grunkster

grunkster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone replaced their headlight bulb with something else?
  14. swanpondwv

swanpondwv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any word on when the most recent shipment of Slickers will arrive in the US?
  15. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    Maybe ask CSC?
  16. swanpondwv

swanpondwv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Excellent idea.

I just didn’t want to be “that guy”. You know, the one that’s pestering them.

Just hoping that someone may already know. Perhaps somebody who lives nearby and visits the store.

Bill
  17. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    Bill, in our present Shelter situation, it's not very likely that folks are just visiting.
    Besides, the CSC crowd usually are eager to connect with someone and answer their questions.
    I do suggest you make a list of questions before reaching out by either phone or e-mail. One-stop shopping, you know.
  18. E-potheosis

E-potheosis n00b

Oddometer:

Just chiming in because I found an inexpensive fix for the chargers failing. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Mine had a problem with the Inrush Current Limiter. It burned out since it's only rated at 8.4 amps but most sockets are 15amps. Also, my charger does not have an on/off switch so riders with a charger with an on/off switch might experience less issues.
    You'll have to do some soldering and widen the holes of the board by a few microns but with the 15amps ICL I've had no problems after 40 charges. Below is a list of current limiters. The base limiter is 2.5ohms and 8.4 amps.
    https://www.digikey.com/products/en...rrent-limiters-icl/151?k=Inrush surge limiter
    ikev85 and Jay_In_Milpitas like this.
  19. swanpondwv

swanpondwv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FYI

After contacting CSC it appears it will be late August before they are available. Hopefully before September.

Bill
  20. ikev85

ikev85 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    good info, i’ve already had to replace one of mine due to a failing fan