CSC RX4

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by gatling, Oct 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. youngforever

youngforever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I plan to ride a few years in the Andes and the Amazon. I have been looking to see what is available in that part of the world. I had a look at the rx3s, I like it but I need a suspension that has a remote pre load adjuster to dial at will in seconds when carrying extra luggage, or going from street to off road . http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/honda-cb500x-cb500f/honda-cb500x.

Anyone would know if anything similar can bee found? I have the budget, otherwise I will go fot a used 500x and Rally raid kit
  2. pyoungbl

pyoungbl Colonel Blood

Oddometer:
    Ohlins declined to build a shock for my RX4. Progressive Suspension will be my next call. They offer remote preload...at a cost. The simple answer is, as you have noted, getting a bike that already has a large aftermarket support base. The Rally-Raid package would be a great answer if you absolutely must have remote preload. With that said, a friend of mine is currently in Argentina (from Ohio) and I'm pretty sure he just has the stock suspension on his DR650.
    glittleman and Jay_In_Milpitas like this.
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    So Have you talked to Gary at GPX yet???
    He has access to a alot of higher end Chinese shocks.

What about Rick @ Cogent?
  4. pyoungbl

pyoungbl Colonel Blood

Oddometer:
    No and no. FWIW I did try to contact Rick a few years ago about another bike and got absolutely no response. I got the impression that his shop was just too busy to talk to me.
    glittleman and eakins like this.
  5. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:
    Rick is a small 2 person operation. He's not good at answering emails. Phone works. He rebuilt the Ohlins shock on my GS last year.
  6. Traveller128

Traveller128 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Phone for Cogent, expect to get his office person. They're great folks, but busy.
    glittleman and Fallacy like this.
  7. youngforever

youngforever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Of course the DR can ride South America no problem. I did it on a Laverda 1200 mirage from Canada in 1980, did at least 30,000 km on dirt roads. I never thought going any further south than baja.

I will contact a fournales air shock dis tributor. I want to see how how they work with a Kymco Downtown 300i. I will pair them with a Bituro front end suspension. They are offer with remote preload
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    So that RR shock is made by Tractive.
    Sold & branded by Touratech in the US.
    https://tractivesuspension.com/motorbikes/adventure/

Sorry but they won't supply for this bike, push comes to shove no EU suspension builder is going to make parts for a Chinese bike...they will just laugh at it...I've heard it.

Doubt Penske, Progressive or Racetech in the US will build anything either.

Rick at Cogent might but be prepared to spend $1000+ for it.
    https://www.motocd.com/adventure-and-dual-sport-bikes/

You need to contact Gary - GPX/ Pister @Pitster
    Pull your shock and measure it?
    Good chance he can find a match coming from China.

Thailand YSS is also another possibility.
    https://www.yss.co.th/
    https://www.yss-webstore.com/

Ted might be able to match you a YSS
    https://www.beemershop.com/category/motorcycle-suspension-center.html

So unless CSC finds a solution they figure out or Zongshen has then you need to do some leg work. CSC might be able to provide you all the specs you need however to pass along and hopefully find a shock that fits and is setup correct.
    glittleman likes this.
  9. ZhangXiaoLiang

ZhangXiaoLiang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    China has a serious epidemic, with the most confirmed cases on February 12. The number of confirmed cases reached 15152 on the same day... I live in a community where travel has been restricted since last week. The community only allows each family to send one person out to buy supplies every 3 days.......................... Half a month ago, I went to the neighboring county by motorcycle. I can hardly go back. Government anti epidemic personnel set up isolation cards on the roads. E9E3DD4FE16472296D410543E8995E06.jpg
    glittleman likes this.
  10. ZhangXiaoLiang

Oddometer:
    At noon that day, I went to Hechuan, near the county seat. They won't let me go back to the road quarantine station around 3pm. They say I can only go from Beibei to Hechuan, not from Hechuan to Beibei, so I try to find another way by motorcycle. After a lot of tests, the roads in Hechuan were blocked and not allowed to pass. So I went to the police station and asked them to find me a way back. As a result, the police said they could do nothing about it..... Finally, in the evening, I repeatedly told the quarantine station staff that if I was detained in Hechuan, I could not solve the problem of food and accommodation, and I would starve to death and freeze to death. At last they agreed to let me pass after 12 o'clock in the evening.. At 12:30, after they registered me and checked my temperature. They made an exception for me to pass. It's 2:30 in the morning when I return to my home in Jiangbei District.
  11. ZhangXiaoLiang

Oddometer:
    Now the epidemic has seriously hindered people's lives. C84087487BF22EA05C8FE12B9AD961C7.jpg 623E658CB0D8475868E8B854EFA1E7F1.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Lee R

Lee R Man in a Box

Oddometer:
    Zhang,

Stay safe though this. After reading the medical study’s it looks like it’ll eventually spread globally and we’ll all be dealing with different forms of restriction and economic impacts over the next year until vaccines are created.

Twitter shows some things that look horrific, but not speaking Chinese it’s difficult to tell what context things are happening in.

Please don’t get yourself in trouble with China’s authority’s posting here as well, it looks like they’re very sensitive about controlling the image of this outbreak.
    eakins likes this.
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    He's often slammed so don't fault him.
    He's active here
    @NC Rick
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    We've all been reading about what is happening, it's all over the US news.

It's very clear villages are locking down to keep people out. Hopefully there is food supply locally.

Global supply chain is about to have a serious problem. I've been stocking up on what I need and buying from US eBay suppliers vs Chinese supplies for the same part.

This is world wide at this point and we are all in together.
  15. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's just old people dying, right? It's just a little worse version of the flu? I mean, I just assumed it's the media over-reacting to something that's no big deal, but your reports have me wondering if maybe I'm missing something...

Charles.
  16. pyoungbl

pyoungbl Colonel Blood

Oddometer:
    Humm, yes the elderly are more likely to die and yes, it's similar to the flu...but worse. Just to put this in perspective, according to the CDC in 2018 42.9 million people got the flu. 647,000 had to be hospitalized. 61,200 died. So, if this is worse..in that we do not have a vaccine..and it spreads...we may well have an international problem. As a result I'm not going to blow this off as just a different version of the flu. Maybe my concern is heightened by the fact that I have finally reached the point where I qualify for senior discounts at most fast food places. It's too bad so many travelers are being inconvenienced but I think those precautions are prudent.
  17. Lee R

Lee R Man in a Box

Oddometer:
    I've been keeping up with it on the Lancet and New England journal of medicine. It's too early to get an accurate CFR, which is the case fatality rate. They are only estimates right now ranging fom .5% to 18% (18% being in wuhan where hospitals are overwhelmed). It's a big unknown how many mild cases there are which would lower the CFR, potentially to the point of it being like a bad flu outbreak. The unfortunate thing with this is the rate of infection is very high, worse than the flu so most experts expect it to be global now and impact everyone. Also it brings very high numbers of pneumonia cases and in extreme cases organ damage. 15-30% of people are being hospitalized for Pnumonia or organ damage issues as this virus causes an over response in the immune system which then attacks your internal organs and damages them in bad cases. It's true the older you are the more vulnerable but it's getting younger people too.

Here are some of the best resources where you can read actual study's on the virus, not what the media is spinning.

https://www.thelancet.com/coronavirus

https://www.nejm.org/

Nat geo did a good breakdown of the potential damage to organs.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/02/here-is-what-coronavirus-does-to-the-body/

The "scary" with this one is the CFR rate is potentially 1% or larger and the R value is much higher than the 1918 flu at the moment. Currently all is in rapid change as more data is gathered but the potential is for another 1918 type outbreak. We'll know more with singapore releasing excellent data and Japan as well. CCP in China will likely doctor numbers to tell the narrative that they have everything under control to not spook the economy. I would expect other country's to also do this to a degree but not as well as they can.

Also the response of China is telling, why would they react as they are damaging their own economy for something that like a bad Flu, that seems to be very telling.

US Military did get orders to prepare for Pandemic a few days ago, so our Government is definitely taking this seriously.

Probably best to keep some supplies you can consume later if everything is fine onhand. Always best to be prepared and laugh about it if it's nothing then be reacting in a Panic situation.

Game plan for us would be slow the spread to not overwhelm hospitals so the death rate stays low. Buy time to develop a vaccine.
  18. ZhangXiaoLiang

Oddometer:
    No specific population, men, women and children have died from the infection.
  19. ZhangXiaoLiang

Oddometer:
    The scary thing is that this epidemic is very susceptible to infection, spread by droplets. Sneezing droplets can infect other people:photog.
  20. Lee R

Lee R Man in a Box

Oddometer:
    Zhang do you feel that more deaths/cases are happening then are being reported?