CSC TT250: Was $1895 in Nov 2015

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tim_Tom, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Working_Hardly

Working_Hardly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know about the US, but they definitely produce one for the Chinese market. On their RA2 bobber style bike, they use an engine similar, if not identical to, what is used on the Hawk DLX EFI bike. You can see it here:

http://www.zongshenmotor.com/product/showproduct.php?lang=cn&id=416

It is a bit hard to see it clearly in the images, due to everything being blacked out on the bike; but the clutch cover and the rest of the engine is pretty much identical to what is on the new Hawk. It's definitely not the TT250's engine, since that is only 229 cc in displacement. The specs for the RA2's engine show it as being 249.9 cc's, with 14 kw (18.77 HP)@8000 RPM. The TT250 claims 16.1 HP for its engine. So if it isn't the TT250's engine, it would need it's own EPA/CARB certification in order to be sold in the US. Personally, I'm curious as to who footed the bill for this, if anyone. If it is certified, it would make a nice upgrade for a TT250 with a worn out or blown engine, if the engine can be sourced by itself, like the NC250 in the RX3. Those can be found on ebay, as well as purchased direct from CSC.
  2. BigFatAl

BigFatAl Long timer

Oddometer:
    The China Riders website has all the answers.
    IMG_8594.png
  3. Working_Hardly

Working_Hardly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For those of you not on CSCs email list, they are having a sale on TT250 accessories; running until the 29th of February. I just scored a set of aluminum wheels in gold, with stainless steel spokes, for US $455. These are in the stock 18" rear and 21" front configuration. They have the 17" supermoto wheels available for the same price. I will definitely be sealing the spokes on these, using 3m 5200 Marine Adhesive and 4411 sealing tape, in order to run them tubeless. This will lighten the bike and give it a little more oomph going down the road. I also picked up an aluminum/steel 45 tooth rear sprocket in gold to match the wheels. Mine is white, so it should look pretty sharp with the gold wheels and sprocket.
    Jay_In_Milpitas and Mr Slowski like this.
  4. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    And of course you WILL post pictures.
  5. Mr Slowski

Mr Slowski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I picked up a set of the supermoto wheels in black. I also got the 45 tooth rear in black. I currently have knobbies on my 18/21 rims so it should be a good change.
    Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  6. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mr Slowski and Hardly_working.. any pics of the TT's with super moto wheels?
    Don
  7. Mr Slowski

Mr Slowski Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I still have the knobbies on it. The rims do look good though.
    dp064 likes this.
  8. cugino pegaso

cugino pegaso 141.7 MPH in DIRT

Oddometer:
    China Riders was down yesterday, and today the login screen looks funky. I'm guessing it was hijacked, do not try to login.
  9. ADVDucs33

ADVDucs33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To anyone that cares or is considering one of these CSC Anvils, I mean TT250's.

Spring 2020 update:
    I was lazy and optimistic over last winter. I didn't remove the battery, or drain the carb or tank (but I use ethanol free always). We had a later end of riding time last fall, I was still running short errands with it into November. I thought if early March is good to start riding I'll leave things alone on the TT and just park it in the shed. I started it up on a warm 40 deg day in March, lit right off with the button.
    I should have lubed my chain up last year more frequently as it was a bit kinky this spring. I'm getting new sprockets and chain on it next week. Miles are at 5,076 currently, got a fresh oil change and spark plug last night as I went over it. Hope to be plowing some dirt road commuting miles on it soon.
  10. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    Nice input. Thanks for posting.
  11. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like the original battery in my 1st batch 2016 finely kicked the can. Not bad for an old school standard lead acid battery that had cheap written all over it!

I am looking to go AGM this time but having a hard time sourcing a replacement? Not really sure just what will fit? Thinking of trying the Yuasa YTX5L-BS but a little concerned about the amperage? I think the original is a 7 amp version. Problem is the YTX7L-BS is taller then the 5 so it may not fit. Searched China Riders forum but most went for a fancy lithium battery. One person went with a very cheap 4 amp battery that is similar size to the Yuasa 5 amp and seemed happy with it.

CSC sales a couple of AGM replacements but not a fan of Chinese batteries most of the time and they are not that cheap.
  12. BigFatAl

BigFatAl Long timer

Oddometer:
    That’s amazing!!
    My Hawk battery lasted 4 months....
  13. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    Can't give solid input, I'm on an RX3. Does the battery holder/box have a finite height that prevents you from going a bit taller?
    Does the original have any markings to hint at amp-hour capacity?
  14. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The original battery is a 6 amp hour old school lead acid battery. Not an AGM battery. Looking at the battery holder other then width you have a bit of breathing room. You can go a little deeper and you have about a 1/2 inch of clearance on the top. I think you can mount a bigger battery without much difficulty at least in the battery box. What I am not 100% sure about is when you go to mount the side panels back on?

The Yuasa YTX5L-BS is within a fraction of an inch each angle of the replacement that CSC sells. The YTX7L-BS is the same width and depth but about an inch taller. CSC also sells a Fire Power CTX5L-BS which is nearly identical in size to the Yuasa YTX5L-BS. Usually the Yuasa's end up rating a little higher then an identical Chinese battery so if the Fire Power CTX5L-BS works then the Yuasa should work a tiny bit better (maybe). CSC does sell a factory activated Fire Power CTZ7S battery which is probably a better match amperage wise for way cheaper then what the equivalent Yuasa factory activated battery runs for. I think its around $150 now days. I am thinking that if you go for the cheaper smaller amperage battery the Yuasa is a better choice at about $10 more then the Fire Power but the 7 amp factory activated version the Fire Power CSC sells is a way better deal. Assuming you get at least 5+ years out of it. I have had insane luck with Yuasa factory activated batteries. Almost worth the cost in a lot of cases but for a bike like the TT250 you have to stay budget!

No idea if the TT250 uses the same battery as the Hawk 250? They are very similar in a lot of ways but also very different in some other areas!

Maybe its not so bad in the bike world but in the car world a smaller battery can cause a lot of odd problems and if nothing else they typically don't last as long.

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the original battery in the TT250 courtesy of CSC. As you can see its a bit liberal on what it can accommodate as long as you can get the side cover back on.
  15. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went ahead and ordered the Fire Power CTZ7S factory activated battery today from CSC. Its the only one that is a similar size and spec as the original battery in an AGM style. You can find other Chinese batteries on Amazon for a little cheaper but they are likely not any better and likely worse. The Yuasa unit would have been a nice luxury but overkill on a budget bike like the TT250. Hopefully it will last as long as my original did. They are known to fail early but I got 4 years out of the original. I think it does help if you take care of it!
    Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  16. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    You've got to adjust your thinking. It's not a $2000 bike. It's a $3500 bike with $1500 credit for parts, maintenance and accessories.
    dp064 and BigFatAl like this.
  17. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL...Its a pretty good machine for what it is. A tremendous value!

I am so stupid...little did I know literally last week I yanked the original Yuasa YTX7L-BS out of my 2010 Honda Elite 110 scooter and I got the old battery sitting in a box. The battery is still in spec and test well but at the 10 year mark I replace them. I have had far to many batteries that I pushed past the 10 year mark and usually after that the 1st really cold or hot day of a season it dies a sudden death and often when you are not home. So 10 years is as long as I give them. More often then not lately even the Yuasa's don't last that long but the older ones sure did!

Looking at the battery the YTX7L-BS is too tall to fit into the battery tray on the TT250 but the width and depth are okay. I am pretty sure the Yuasa YTX5L-BS would fit no problem except for its underrated. However it seems this is not really an issue on the TT250 at least not yet. No matter I got a replacement battery coming from CSC. I trust the mechanics and parts guys at CSC to carry a battery that is not that bad. Yuasa's are good batteries but expensive and honestly even the Yuasa's are not as good as they used to be. You used to religiously get 5+ years and often double that out of a Yuasa but I have had several crap out at the 2 to 3 year mark lately. This is no better then a Chinese battery in reality!
  18. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does the TT250 have a kick starter? Being stranded isn't really a thing if you've got a kick starter :)

Charles.
  19. longhaul747

longhaul747 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It does have a kick starter but for some reason starting that way is a big PITA. Maybe it takes some sort of trick but every time I try to kick start it you can't get leverage and fighting the compression you can turn it over fast enough. Again maybe it takes a trick but the few times I tried it it was determined that the electric start is the way to go. Maybe I am just getting old but I can still kick start several other bikes.
  20. Jay_In_Milpitas

Oddometer:
    How much too tall?