CSC TT250: Was $1895 in Nov 2015

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tim_Tom, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    Ah, but have you taken a real good look at the SG400? chuckle
    dp064 likes this.
  2. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want the SG400. I'm gonna get one this year or next, I think. I have to sell my SCR950 first tho...

Charles.
  3. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone changed the cs sprocket on their TT? I was told it was a 17t.. I thought it must be a15t and i was going to order a 16t as I thought the 17t would be too much. Better to change the rear sprocket? My SG had a 14t (I was told it has a 15t) that I replaced with a 16t ...happy with the swap but that is about as many teeth as 16hp can work with.
  4. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    I wonder if there's enough space for another sprocket, like the TW200 guys are doing.

[​IMG]

Charles.
  5. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    So how reliable are these bikes, really? They're the lowest end that CSC sells, and they're dirt cheap. Are they in the shop a lot?

Charles.
  6. Working_Hardly

Working_Hardly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A TT250 in the shop? Are you joking?

Carbed, Honda CG clone engine - with Zongshen added balance shaft, no electric fuel pump, and air cooled....the only way one of these will ever need to be put in the shop is if you ride it off a cliff. Even then, you'll probably need more repairs than it will, lol.

If you are considering picking one up, I'll warn you right now, at 285 lbs you are way heavier than what these bikes are sprung for. If you think the SG400 is a pogo stick, you ain't seen nothing yet. The TT250 is basically a very sedate, low speed trail bike; definitely not intended to take anything gnarly at high speeds, and it can't really be made to either. Which is fine, there are other Chinese bikes that will do that; take a look at GPXMoto's site for their offerings if you are serious about playing in the dirt.
    Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  7. ChopperCharles

Oddometer:
    Nah, I'm not interested in buying one, I was just wondering about them and if they're worth recommending. If I were to get a dual sport it'd probably be another TW200. (I miss my 87). Was just curious about them, as they seemed pretty nice in the dealership.

Charles.
  8. dp064

dp064 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking for the kind of riding I do, (backroads, paved, gravel and dirt) I'd feel a lot better beating the snot out of it ( I'm not a good rider..:lol3 ) than I would an XT or a CRF.. 80% of the bike for 60% of the price in my mind.
    Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  9. Working_Hardly

Working_Hardly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A TT250 would be perfect for your use case; back roads are its forte.
    dp064 likes this.
  10. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    Yep, a disposable bike that is worth keeping. And you can almost get a TT and an SG for the price of one CRF.
    dp064 likes this.