Ct - I Repair Riding Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by akarob, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Cabrito

Cabrito On the mend 76% Supporter

Oddometer:
    Conversation started about a zipper repair..
  2. ljurgens

ljurgens Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Rob, have you ever worked on an aerostich roadcrafter? I have one that I need to lengthen the torso a bit, is that even possible? I haven't taken measurements yet, but Ideally I'd like to lower the crotch maybe 2 inches and add a gusset on each side to expand the torso a little. It is not a color I've seen before, it looks like a military flight suit color wise. I believe I can ask Stich for fabric/thread according to their site.
  3. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Yea, I've replaced plenty of main zippers before on those one piece suits, but what you're asking is a bit out of the scope of what I'm willing to take on.
    Thanks for reaching out about it, but I think it's best to sell the suit that doesn't fit in the "Flea Market" thread here on ADV and just look for a suit that would be a better fit. You may also be able to find a suit for yourself there. I see them come up quite often.

https://advrider.com/f/forums/gear.54/
  4. ljurgens

ljurgens Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sort of what I thought Rob, thanks though.
  5. jb882

jb882 13HP of fury.

Oddometer:
    You do boat covers too? I have one that I need a strap replaced on and I didn’t want to have to sent it all the bay back to Missouri to the folks that made it.
  6. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Sure. I've done a few boat covers. Edge reinforcement, binding, grommets, straps, restitching, whatever. I've even made a pontoon boat cover once, but I'm not really set up for a job that big. I had to move two of my machines outside for about a week for that one. I don't seem to have any pictures of that job handy though. Feel free to send me a PM to arrange a time to come down and drop it off, or possibly even wait while the job is done.
    Dracula likes this.
  7. br8vhrt

br8vhrt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM’d you.