Ct - I Repair Riding Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by akarob, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Happy Seal

Happy Seal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob, I still need my pants fixed. I will give them to you on Sunday after C&R. Also can you make a couple tugger straps? Black or red or orange?
    Thanks.
  2. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I can make some nice ones in red for ya. Not a problem. Those are on me. If you want to send me the pants, I can have them done and bring them to the Camp-n-Ride if you like.
  3. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob thanks for fixing my pants!Klim should hire you !!!They fixed once under warranty than broke again in the same spot few rides later.I know now that your patch will outlast all my other gear
  4. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    You're welcome. The material they used was complete garbage. I could force my finger right through it. If they just used better material, their fix would have been ok. Very odd.

Anyway, you're all set. I will see you on the next ride.
  5. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    If anyone needs some leather panels sewn onto their pant cuffs - or whatever, I have a TON of it. I ended up buying about 50 square feet.

[​IMG]
  6. sledge

sledge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clapbig thanks to Rob for fixing the zipper on my Dainese jacket, quality work:clap

and the zipper on my rainsuit just went but I think that's going back to China or wherever, it should have lasted longer than three rides.:eek1
  7. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Glad ya like it. That's a nice jacket. It must have been a real bummer when it broke and you couldn't use it anymore. If you look at the zipper, you'lll see YKK - they're the best zippers.

Have fun with it, and thanks again for the business.
  8. WAP

WAP Weekday Warrior

Oddometer:
    I should probly post up here that Rob did a SWEET job working on my gf's leather riding pants. She needed a little extra width in the calf area, from the knee to the hem. Can't even tell where Rob added the extra leather, great job mang!
  9. thomas.tc.young

thomas.tc.young Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    hey akarob,

got around to opening my newly fixed gear, looks great.

to all you guys who don't know, akarob did a great job fixing up my riding pants from a spill I had. plus made an improvement on my rain pants, if you need stuff done i recommend this guy.

thanks for the fix
    Tom
  10. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    Can you replace a waterproof zipper? The fly of my waterproof over pants blew out and no-one around here can replace them with another waterproof zipper.
  11. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Yes. I've done it before. Should be an easy enough fix.

On a side note, here's a custom job I'm doing for someone. It's one of my fender bags - but with flair, this is the top panel before it is sewn on to the rest.

[​IMG]
  12. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    :y0!

Akarob, I just picked up a replacement pair of all weather over-pants for commuting on the Harley. The last pair lasted 3 years but got all melted on both inner leg areas.
    Here's what they look like. Full zipper on outer legs, so easy access for sewing a leather patch on inner legs.

[​IMG]

I'm looking for a big ass leather patch on Both inner legs like the grey area on the pant image below.
    Interested?
    Send me a PM with e$timate, an address to ship to and preferred method of payment please.

[​IMG]
  13. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Not a problem, PM sent.
  14. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    Here is a shot of the blown out zipper. Even when I realign it and zip it up, the teeth will pop open at the slightest pressure.
    [​IMG]

I also have a keyboard cover (semi-hard plastic) that needs the hook & loop reattached and secured. I've tried several different kinds of glue to no avail. Do you have an industrial sewing machine that could stitch these back on?

[​IMG]

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
  15. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Sure. Looks like the zipper is toast. I can fix it up. I'll just have to measure it and order a new water proof one.

As for the keyboard cover, it'll take me just a minute. No charge for that. Just box it wry the jacket.

You wanted your pants fixed too right?

I'll PM my address.
  16. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dropped the over-pants off at the Post Office today.

PM me your Pay-Pal info for payment.

:bueller
  17. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Did you want the standard shape patches, or the flame shapes?
  18. Hurricane Bob

Hurricane Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh Ummmmm,............ No.

[​IMG]

But if we are doing shapes and objects, I have been told I ride like a Big Pussy.

:lol3
  19. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Anyone need repairs? I just picked up about 50 yards of high quality nylon Cordura. The bikes are put away (for the most part), and now is a perfect time to get that riding gear patched up. I currently have no backlog so I'll be able to get to things in a timely fashion too.

I can add plastic buckles, zippers and do patches in leather or Cordura all for a VERY reasonable rate. Let me know. Materials are in stock and ready to go.

[​IMG]

I also just bought a new lot of binding tape in assorted colors. I'll be getting my inventory of crafted goods built up and my website updated. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have some new pictures posted and new Paypal buttons set up.

New trim colors include ORANGE, RED, BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW, and BLACK. Do you have an idea for a custom product? Let me know. I'd be happy to make it up for you.
  20. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    I got a side zipper Danner boot that the zipper fell apart on.. could you put a new one in?