Ct - I Repair Riding Gear

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by akarob, Sep 29, 2010.

1. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  2. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rob I want that Bruins bag,you know I'm a big fan...
  3. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Yea, I can't blame ya there. It did come out pretty nicely. The guy I made it for bought the patch on eBay and gave it to me. I did the rest.

[​IMG]
  4. nobody

nobody motomaniac Supporter

Oddometer:
    K gone patch hunting
  5. KTMtrailrider

KTMtrailrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rob,
    I have a pair of over the boot riding pants, that need zippers installed on both legs so they fit over the boot. Otherwise, I can't get them on over the boots. You will probably need to add the zippers to each leg, and a little material to open them up a bit. PM me your address, and I'll pop them in the mail to you. You can PM me the amount, and return shipping, and I will PayPal it to you.
    Thanks as always for your great work!

Joe
  6. Cobia235

Cobia235 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob,

I have a Carhart type work coat that needs a new zipper can you do it as well? Thanks Gene
  7. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Yes. I will probably just have to order the proper zipper. Sounds like it'll be one with metal teeth. I just have to measure it to make sure I get the right length, but replacing it isn't a problem.

PM sent
  8. Cobia235

Cobia235 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, the one that is in it frayed at the bottom so you can't zip it I think it was nylon, but metal would be better:evil Let me know and I could drop it off to you. thanks Gene
  9. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you might be able to help me out!
    I have a pair of heavy nylon riding pants, First Gear I think, with a seam that's splitting out up near the crotch,,, maybe 4-5" long. Would it be a problem for you? How long does it take for turnaround? Need pics?
    Thanks!
    George
  10. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Split seam? Not a problem. I'll have them fixed up better than new. PM sent.
  11. beckgr

beckgr Beckgr Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really heavy duty zipper is smoked. can you repair?

Thx,

Greg
  12. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    Main zipper on a jacket? Not a problem.

This is my most recent one. A picture of the finished repair. The inside looks just as neat.

[​IMG]
  13. beckgr

beckgr Beckgr Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thx. PMd you.
  14. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need a heated gear "pass through" on my Olympia Phantom full suit. Basically I need a hole in the liner and another in the side pocket liner so I can let the wire hang out the side pocket.

Any suggestions?

ac
  15. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I'd suggest a reinforced opening covered with a velcro flap if it needs to repel water. The alteration doesn't sound very involved so your highest cost will be the shipping. Just guessing, but the full suit will probably be $15-$18 each way. Send me a PM if you would like to discuss it further.
  16. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob, I need to get my Fieldsheer Highland II suit repaired. Basically it needs the short zipper on the right side (so you can access your right pants pocket) replaced and the crotch area repaired. Also if possible I'd like some velcro pieces added to better attach the insulated liner on the right leg. They put velcro pieces on the left leg to attach the liner but on the right side used a loop and button combination for some reason. I'm currently using paper clips for zipper pulls on the right leg and the main zipper that goes from head to left ankle, so if those could be replaced, that'd be fine too.
    Thanks, Tony
  17. akarob

akarob Rob

Oddometer:
    I just figured I'd post up a couple recent pictures of a repair job.

Below shows a buckle I replaced. The one that came on the pants (bottom) was taken off and replaced with a better one.

[​IMG]

The next picture shows a leather patch I added to the inside of the pant legs. Notice the double needle stitching. The corners are all double stitched to prevent the patch from coming off.

[​IMG]

I also just bought 100 high quality waterproof jacket zippers because I got sick of trying to buy them one at a time. They're nearly impossible to find at all, and when you do fine one, the quality will be questionable. So, if you need a new jacket zipper, I will be able to turn the job around in a day or so with a 1st quality zipper. I'll post some pictures of the zippers when they come in.
  18. KTMtrailrider

Oddometer:
    Hey, those pants look familiar, and a lot better than when I sent them to you!
  19. KTMtrailrider

Oddometer:
    Got my riding pants back in the mail today from Rob. To say I was pleased would be an understatement. The quality of the work is excellent, the zippers he uses are first rate, and pants are much better than new. It's too bad that the manufacturers don't put as much effort into their products as Rob does.
    Thanks again Rob!
  20. dmottv

dmottv Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer:
    Hey Rob, I've got Nitro snowmobile bibs that I wear on cold weather rides with one of the ykk type nylon two way leg zippers stripped out. The oem zippers look rugged enough but stripped out somehow. They sure were tough to get outta when they stripped out! I kinda like the rugged two ways on my First Gear pants. Sound like something you could fix? BTW, your waterproof zipper replacement on my Olympia jacket liner is working just fine. Thanks much.