CT90 from Oklahoma to Washington State

Discussion in 'Americas' started by shantyfolk, Feb 16, 2008.

1. shantyfolk

shantyfolk freeker

Oddometer:
    I may be crazy, but I am considering riding my ct90 from Oklahoma to Olympia, Washington this summer. :D If I also rode back the total mileage would be almost 4,500 miles. I've done the ride before on a 1980 Yamaha SR500. I could possibly ride just one way and arrange transport home, cutting the ride to more like 2,500 miles. I would be riding alone and camping all the way, possibly getting a motel every few days. I do not have GPS and dont really plan to get one. I have a 1970 (k2) CT90 in good condition. It will have a newly remanufactured engine (well broken in of course). Riding speed would be about 40mph. I dont yet know how far I could go in a day on that bike. I weigh about 140 dressed, and would have about 80 to 90 pounds of gear at most. So, is this worth considering on such a small bike? I could take my time. What would be the pitfalls that come to mind? Tire replacement halfway? Limited fuel range? The obvious top speed issue? Issues related to a 6 volt system? What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. wingysataday

wingysataday Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :huh you would be my hero! That would be such an awesomely frustrating ride. It is gonna be really difficult to stay on side roads. there are many places that you just have to take the highway and it would be dangerous riding down the freeway @40mph. maybe a nitrous kit?
  3. shantyfolk

shantyfolk freeker

Oddometer:
    The latest version of my plan is to ride the TAT from OK to OR and then ride up to WA. I know people have ridden parts of the TAT on CT90's, but I don't know how much.
  4. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    :wave If you come through anywhere near Durango, I'll ride with you for a while!

[​IMG]
  5. shantyfolk

shantyfolk freeker

Oddometer:
    Do you know if the TAT comes through your part of CO? I have ordered the OK maps, but I don't yet know much about the CO portion. I think most guys go through Marshall Pass.
  6. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    To tell the truth, I'm not sure where it goes through Colorado, I've never looked into it. :dunno
  7. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks good, I hope you do a ride report. I'm certain it's practical. If you can ride a bicycle from OK to the west coast, you can ride a CT90. The CT90 will be much easier and quicker. What a sweet way to see the country.
  8. shantyfolk

shantyfolk freeker

Oddometer:
    Not much detail here, but it's something.

Attached Files:

9. petefromberkeley

petefromberkeley -

Oddometer:
    I know a guy who rode a scooter from California to Buenos Aires. You can totally ride a CT 90 to Washington. And I really think you should!
  10. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Epic, Do it now while it still seems like a good idea. Lot's of pics:deal oh and you might consider a nice cup holder:evil
  11. woodgrain

woodgrain In-Dented Savant

Oddometer:
    Walter Mumma from Toronto Ontario, rode a moped from Toronto to Fairbanks Alaska and back, in 1978. Back then, the Alcan was 1500 miles of gravel. Do it. Good luck and have fun.

Woodgrain