CT90

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by grizzzly, Sep 5, 2019.

1. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    just a little update new piston and rings, honed the cylinder a little, cleaned the valve seats with scotch bright, cleaned carburetor, and new battery. it has about 50psi compression but usually starts first or second kick.
  2. grizzzly

Oddometer:
    here is a picture of the shaft and the side case

[​IMG]
  3. hugemoth

hugemoth Big Brother is watching you!

Oddometer:
    I have a 68 K0 with VIN CT90-138784. Identical to yours before I modified it.
  4. R1100purist

R1100purist Horizontally opposed twin dude

Oddometer:
    Just the lower dowel hole should have a dowel, the top one or outer one is an oil feed hole
    grizzzly likes this.
  5. Mucka

Mucka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out dratvcom. They have lots of parts for these.
  6. grizzzly

Oddometer:
    well shit. it didnt take 90 days but. (edit; it's "No less than 30 days" not 90 days)
    just received a letter from the state about the Surety bond, and they kicked i back for two reasons.
    Apparently one of the four places that require "the year of the vehicle" was missing.
    and they thought the bond was a copy, it was the original???
    So i went to the MVD and the Insurance place and had them print out new forms and signed and dated them.
    got round 2 in the mail, see what happens this time
  7. grizzzly

Oddometer:
    just got a letter from the New Mexico MVD the surety bond passed so i went down to the local MVD office and now i have a title.
    had it licensed and added it my insurance so it is now legal. almost 5 months and $120.00 later
    Bar None likes this.
  8. grizzzly

Oddometer:
    one of my first orders from them for this bike. one of the parts they told me it was not in stock and they would send it as soon as they get it.
    i just got a notice from them that it was being shipped
    talk about some timing LOL
    pmillar likes this.
  9. JerryH

JerryH To Each Their Own Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hard to believe it would start with 50 psi compression, but if it does it does. Compression should be at least 3 times that. Getting a title for a vehicle in AZ is a 3 year close to $500 nightmare. You have to maintain a bond on it for 3 years, try to contact the last known owner if that information is available, and wait 3 years to see if anyone claims it before getting a regular title, which makes spending a lot of money/doing a lot of work on it a somewhat risky proposition until you get the actual title. Best of luck with it. I love seeing old neglected bikes put back on the road.
  10. grizzzly

Oddometer:
    i just looked it up, and it looked like a real pain in the a$$ to do a title in AZ.
    but the nice thing about your system is after 3 years you can get a real title. in NM if some one comes out of the woodwork with the original title 20 years later they can claim the vehicle
  11. Kevinforesthill

Kevinforesthill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, I had a situation where I purchased a scooter, had no bill of sale, no title, no plates and it was a decade or more out of the CA DMV system. I had to fill out a few forms and take the scooter to the highway patrol office for them to do an inspection and Vin verification.....and I thought that was a PITA. I feel bad for you AZ guys.