Cuba- How can I ride Cuba?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Doogle, Jan 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want to ride in Cuba for 2-3 weeks. Who knows how to do it? I don't do tour rides. Can an American ship a bike to Cuba without starting in Canada or Mexico? I would be happy renting a bike if they were available and at-least 250 cc.
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
  3. ApexJeff

ApexJeff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Best option is the Stahlratte!! Look at their schedule, they help with everything, if you want to ship your own moto. Its very complicated. Tour groups are very expensive. I went to the air cargo in Habana, and Santiago, spent the better part of the day trying to find a way to air freight my moto.. The only way to air freight that I found was Air France, but if you wanted to ship from Mexico , you could from Mexico City, but it had to go to France first. The tour companies were NOT any helpful information, they want to protect their contacts. Things change, but with the current restrictions going to Cuba from US, its more difficult.

Well worth the sail on Stahlratte, plus 30 days of fantastic riding,, I followed a bicycle tour book "Cycling Cuba" with epic rides.
  4. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Steel Rat seems to be the best option. Other than adding the extra 2000 miles each way, getting to Cancun. I'll need to digest that for a while.
  5. Secret Agent Man

Secret Agent Man Globe Trotter

Oddometer:
    Yep, as others have said, Ludwig and his crew are the best options (Stahlratte)....he has "greased the wheels" with the local (Cienfuegos) Aduana for several years and gets it done.
    We rode to Isla Mujeres (Cancun) and met him there....three days sail to Cienfuegos. Cuba doesn't care if your American or Chinese.
    You'll find lovely people and great scenery....just bring your own food LOL!!