CushDrive Sprocket System - Bolt On Cush Hub

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mattscott, Apr 17, 2017.

1. KDiqq

KDiqq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will be here whenever you're ready to lay down numbers, good talking to you as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  2. JCool

JCool Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try comparing some numbers , you may just figure it out on your own.
  3. KDiqq

KDiqq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    See, that's the weird part. I did in post 95, and when you plug those numbers in to the equation I gave in 87, it seems to support my hypothesis (smaller d). These darn trees... Maybe a few more years of experience and I can be like those good engineers that run on assumptions.

Just leave it to empirical evidence. This design may fail like all the others or it may work. Best not to assume ;)
  4. JCool

JCool Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your calculations are flawed.
    KDiqq likes this.
  5. bigbrad

bigbrad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It would appear he does in fact at least have calculations.

Even I with no engineering degree or teaching can understand his point which is backed up by the figures.

Besides for a few hundred bucks it can only help those that cannot fund a full cush hub /wheel . Surely you must agree that it is better than simply running a standard wheel with no cushioning at all.

I am sure there are alot of people that have been hoping for a more budget priced alternative that can only help even if just by a little than the expensive cush hub / wheel arrangement.

Besides I remember when fuel injection and electric start came out all the naysayers canned them as well.
  6. JCool

JCool Long timer

Oddometer:
    At least this has finally been moved from thumpers , where it never belonged in the first place , and it only took 4 months. :thumb Looks like the discussions are over now.
  7. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    Hopefully the people who are actually using the new design Mox Sprocket and have some real life experience with the product will keep posting up for all to learn from. Its great hearing from users of actual product rather than keyboard experts.

Great product so far for me as a fairly low km user.
    keepshoveling likes this.
  8. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You may have missed my point. There is no Cush Hub option available for the bike I ride. It's not just a price thing. If JCool can produce one for, then great, I'm all over it. If not, he should probably not be so down on a product that may be able to help me avoid a few thousand dollars worth of repairs, or many more thousands for a different bike. With all the unsupported statements he's making it seems more like he has so e personal vendetta going against the MoxSprocket guys, or maybe left over resentment from his experience with another brand of product.
  9. LexLeroy

LexLeroy Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Supporter

Oddometer:
    I adapted a DR650SE rear cush hub to my XR650L before Warp 9 picked up after RAD Mfg. went out of business. It was neither cheap nor easy, but on-going I can replace parts from readily available factory spares. There are always alternatives. Hopefully this product pans out for you. If not think about adapting another bike's cush hub.
    JCool likes this.
  10. mattscott

mattscott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JCool, I'm not sure what I've ever done to you, but it's really rude that you're trolling this thread considering you have absolutely no intimate knowledge or first-hand use of the product.

Please leave this thread, I will not say anything else on the matter, nor will I respond to anything you say, you've already shown your colors and I do not want to gratify you with another response.
  11. mattscott

Oddometer:
    20901756_10203589785302792_1520978832886973188_o.jpg

Geoff Chain competed in this weekend's EnduroCross in Las Vegas using a CushDrive Sprocket. He's been riding with it for quite some time now and commented that he's able to run gears a bit lower, and sees a lot less chain slap. Geoff is one of the most advanced riders I know, and he hasn't been able to kill one of our products.

This is obviously an EXTREME use of our product, but we helped him fulfill a long-time dream to race EnduroCross, while being able to put our product through one of the toughest events on the planet.

Just a reminder that we warranty our bushings for 10,000 miles or 5 years (whichever comes first). Consider that by this point on a performance enduro bike, you'll have done your top end at least twice.
  12. mattscott

Oddometer:
    Matt_Scott_EnduroCrossLV-4 copy.jpg

Getting through a few more shots from EnduroCross and thought this was a cool one to share. Geoff's been using and abusing his CushDrive Sprocket on his YZ250 since we started importing them earlier this Spring. He's one of the more gnarly singletrack and technical riders I know. We'll be taking it apart after another EnduroCross round to see how the bushings are holding up to extreme use.
  13. filterwrench

filterwrench Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. mattscott

Oddometer:
    A restock of sprockets has JUST arrived moments ago, I'll be working on getting backorders out as soon as possible.
  15. mattscott

Oddometer:
    All sprockets have shipped.
  16. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Any sprocket for a Husky te630 yet?
  17. Finnyfire

Finnyfire Jedi Master

Oddometer:
    I have the husky 610 but I think it uses the same sprockets as the 630. I’m also eagerly waiting for the older husky sprocket to materialize.
  18. Elmer

Elmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased one for my 2011 KTM 450 XCW Adventure. Did a six hour, 200 mile, on-road and off-road adventure through southeastern Arizona. Nice product! Great folks to work with. Thanks!

Here's a few pic's:

Just mounted.
    IMG_0658.jpg

My "small" adventure bike. I had a 2004 KTM 950 Adventure. Great bike, but this one is so much easier in the technical stuff:
    IMG_0659.jpg

Out in the wild. This is a pullout on the first section of the AZ BDR below Sonoita. That trail goes to the AZ Trail, no motorized vehicles allowed. The road to Sonoita is behind me.
    IMG_0020.jpg
    filterwrench likes this.
  19. filterwrench

filterwrench Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Nice bike I have a 525 that is set up similar to yours. Which rack is that? Just 200 miles miles on the sproket so far? Wonder if anyone has put these to the high mileage test.
  20. Elmer

Elmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's the Globetrottin' rack with Rotopax mount. First ride with the sprocket mounted.