CushDrive Sprocket System - Bolt On Cush Hub

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by mattscott, Apr 17, 2017.

1. maybert

maybert n00b

Oddometer:
    Just installed one on my XR650R. What a nice improvement! My poor bike spends too much time on the street and it made a big difference in driveline lash. Looking forward to getting some miles on it and riding it in the dirt![​IMG]
    Davethestick and BygDaddee like this.
  2. El Pacifico

El Pacifico Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The CushDrive sprocket on my 350 EXC-F hit 1500 miles. Performs and feels just like it did on day one. I'm a happy customer :D
    ADVCWBY and BygDaddee like this.
  3. mattscott

mattscott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone,

What we have left on the website is all we have left.

Unfortunately the manufacturer in New Zealand was not very good to deal with, and would take months to respond to emails and orders, and we essentially had to throw away half of what he sent us each time because they'd either be damaged in shipping, or his QC wasn't very good and didn't pass as something we'd sell. Everything that went out the door with us was perfect, but we were losing money on each unit.

Since we bring in a bunch of other stuff as an import company, we cannot risk our name due to someone else's failings, so we are dropping this product.
  4. Heli-Pilot

Heli-Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that! Have an 2018 Husqvarna FE501 and was looking at this solution. It's too bad manufacturer was so flaky,. Any chance of bringing manufacturing in-house?
  5. Magus

Magus Never grew up... Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's too bad but you can't keep a good reputation with those sourcing issues.

Mine is holding up fine.

What happens with the warranty now?
  6. TB23

TB23 n00b

Oddometer:
    Oh no! I just found out about this today! Seemed like it was selling well. Surely someone else can manufacture this product. Its not like you are building the space shuttle. .
  7. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is a bummer. I have two of them and they are holding up well.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  8. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    More of a bummer if you planned to get one and didn't, like me. I wanted to put one on my Husaberg 390. Now what to do? Can we order from NZ?
    Heli-Pilot likes this.
  9. mk23

mk23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here. I wanted one for my 500 EXC, even ordered it and they had to refund me...
  10. jjxtrider

jjxtrider questionable

Oddometer:
    I wonder if this would be covered under a patent or something that couldn't be copied here in the US , though I wouldn't even think of doing it if the company was "normal" . I'm getting my own business started up making various product for bikes and atv's and I could probably make these , however I don't care to outright copy , I despise the Chinese for doing this .

YJake likes this.
  11. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    @jjxtrider, Well then you could follow the Japanese mantra of Kaizen, constant improvement. Nothing is ever perfect and could always be improved upon. Take the original design and build from that idea to make a better wheel, so to speak.
    I'd support that as a customer.
  12. Elmer

Elmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Matt, I have one of your sprockets and am very pleased with it. You spoke of having defective product delivered to you. Any chance of breaking down the "not quite good enough" pieces for their component parts and selling the pieces as replacement parts. I'd like to have a spare chainring and some of the "cush" pieces.
  13. EP Chris

EP Chris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, sorry to hear. I really wanted to snag one of these but if you're going to stop selling em there's not much point :(
  14. Elmer

Elmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's a great product. Wish there were some other solution to this issue.
  15. EP Chris

Oddometer:
    It doesn't look too complicated to have machined. My concern is the rubber inserts, and also patent problems
  16. mattscott

mattscott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but I've closed the chapter on it. Not interested to get back into it and letting anything other than perfection leave the door.

We're clearing out what's left on the website for 50% off.

No we do not have anything for KTM. No we do not have anything for your Honda XR.
    gulfcoaster likes this.
  17. Elmer

Elmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Matt. You provided great service.
  18. trailrider77

trailrider77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone else make this type of product? I like the idea of bolting on a cush sprocket vs getting a new rear wheel w/ cush hub internals.
  19. EP Chris

Oddometer:
    I've found the same sprockets for sale in Australia. Might be able to order from them online and have it shipped. Don't recall the site but it wasn't hard to find.
  20. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    AUS is where mattscott was getting them, probably the same supplier/mfg. If yes then potentially the same QC problems even if you can get one, but I'd take the chance. All the searches I've done have turned up no one actively selling them now, Motomox in NZ says out of stock, but if anyone gets a line on them post a link.