CUSTARD - Canadian/US Trekkers At Rella's Diner

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by pnoman, Apr 16, 2011.

1. pnoman

pnoman Just Average

Oddometer:
    I was contacted by Carl Carruthers, a rider from Ottowa, Canada. He is heading up a group of about 25 Canadian riders on an annual week-long riding tour of West Virginia. They ride/trailer their GSs, KTMs, Ducatis, BMWs, and all other makes down to one location (Clarksburg this year) and make daily rides through different areas. It sounds like a well-organized and experienced group of riders. They also sound like a very interesting group of folks. (One of their riders is a gentleman in his 70s who is heading to a speedway in NC so he can take his new BMW to 100MPH + his age. Yes, he's shooting for 170 this time, since last time he topped out at "only" mid 160's :lol3)

During our planning sessions online, I suggested to Carl that maybe we should have a Canadian / US Riders Get-Together at Rella's Diner in Hacker Valley. They have never been there. :eek1 Carl sounded like that would be fun, and they would like to meet area riders (area meaning WV and surrounding states to us ADV'ers :D)

Who - Everyone is invited!
    What - 1st Annual Canadian/US Trekkers Dinner at Rella's
    When - Sunday, May 15th, around 2:00 (NOTE TIME CHANGE). (Please arrive a little early so Rella doesn't get blasted with orders when they come in)
    Where - Rella's Diner, just south of Hacker Valley on Rt 20, about 15 miles north of Webster Springs
    Why - Fostering international relations, good food, good riding, learn how to speak Canadian (eh?)

I talked to Rella and she will be open that day. It would help her a lot to know how many people to expect, so please chime in and RSVP. I told her we might end up with anywhere from 20 - 50 people. This is also a good way to help out Rella (financially) as she literally rebuilds her life after the fire. (Hint - generous tips would probably be greatly appreciated.)

Looking forward to hearing from y'all.

THOSE PLANNING TO ATTEND:

20-25 Canadians
    pnoman
    buffwv
    Guy Young
    vatrader01
    DuckWV
    WVdyhrd
    Riderddonald & wife
    Herewego & Kay
    Cliffhanger
    Stedlo - CANX
    6USMC6
    onaXR (??)
    muffynmonster (??)
    DirtDoctor
    Eddy Alvarez
    h14xl and wife (pie fridge only?)

2. BuffWv

BuffWv Long timer

Oddometer:
    I should be there.
  3. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will plan on being there.
  4. carlsberger

carlsberger ManyPauser

Oddometer:
    Mike,

The ManyPause Beer and Motorcycle Club look forward to our annual "Spring Tour" with the weather in Ottawa Canada still limiting early Spring rides our annual tour through Appalachia in May jump starts our season !!!

See ya in May along with all others who might join us at Rella's on Sunday the 15th.

Rubber side down

Carl :freaky
  5. vatrader01

vatrader01 vatrader01

Oddometer:
    In.
  6. DuckWV

DuckWV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll plan on be'n thar!

mmm... Pie!!
  7. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Sounds fun, and like a good experience. I'm in and looking forward to it

besides wanna meet pnoman in person...not everyday someone gets to meet a local news celebrity :augie :clap That was great btw!!!! I wonder if we could somehow monitor any traffic increase on the thread after the story aired, cause I'm a geek about such things.

if cool i'm linking this to the wvdualsports checkin page :deal
  8. riderddonald

riderddonald Lost rider

Oddometer:
    As of right now I'm in and add 1 for my wife.
  9. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap :ricky
  10. cliffhanger

cliffhanger hasbeen

Oddometer:
    You can pencil me in. :clap
    A couple from Ottowa stopped at my shop last year said they would be back......:dunno

A Sunday lunch at Rella's. yum

Neal
  11. pnoman

pnoman Just Average

Oddometer:
    Time Change: Same Day (Sunday May 15th) but now at 2:00.

The Canadians have a route planned for the morning which is going to be pushing it to get to Rella's by 1:00, so we moved the time back to 2:00. Carl said they may still arrive between 1:00 and 2:00, so I would encourage everyone to arrive early and order food so Rella isn't swamped with orders when they arrive. This also allows for riders who want to attend church that morning. :pope

Please RSVP as we get closer to the date so Rella can plan accordingly. Thanks!

12. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    damn have to work that Sunday.:cry
  13. pnoman

pnoman Just Average

Oddometer:
    gsweave - Sorry to hear that. Maybe next year? :D
  14. Stedlo

Stedlo Out and About

Oddometer:
    Count me in. Sounds fun.
  15. pnoman

pnoman Just Average

Oddometer:
    Done.

I'm hoping my wrists/hands/elbow heal in time for me to join in, too. I took a hard fall on the pavement while running yesterday. Tripped on a small wire loop laying on the ground that I didn't see. I was looking up ahead at a couple of police cars that had someone pulled over. Running at 8MPH pace. I was on the ground before I knew what hit me. A few nice people stopped their cars to help. I ended up in the VA hospital ER. Sore wrists (one in a splint for at least a few days), but nothing broken, and the doc said I'll be picking gravel out of my hands and elbow for a few weeks. In 30+ years of running, that's the hardest I ever hit the pavement.
  16. Stedlo

Stedlo Out and About

Oddometer:

I had read that you had fallen. Let's think about ATGATT next time you're running around. :rofl

Seriously though, hope you heal soon. Maybe if you can't ride you could drive. Sure you'd miss the great ride, but still get to see everybody.

Steve
  17. 6USMC6

6USMC6 -U-

Oddometer:
    pnoman -
    I can give you a tentative for the Muffynmonster and I - if you can tolerate the cage (I'm off the bike for 8 more weeks due to wrist surgery)
  18. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    any planned riding with these fellas before or after the meal?
  19. pnoman

pnoman Just Average

Oddometer:
    Nothing planned. You can probably PM carlsberger (see post #4) to get an idea of that day's route. I know they're planning to go around Clarksburg, Glenville, Spencer, Clay, Webster Springs before meeting us for lunch. It looks like these guys keep up a pretty good pace, so be prepared.

I was going to be subbing for church organist that morning, but with my wrists and hands banged up from the fall Thursday evening, I don't know what (if any) riding is in my crystal ball for next week. I'm still in a splint for my left wrist. :cry

If you get hold of Carl and you guys plan something, please post it. Thanks.
  20. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    What Steve said. Besides, I have a very special delivery to make to you. If in a cage, I will make a vow that you won't have to endure more than five minute of ridicule...... from me anyway. Can't speak for the rest. :rofl