Custom seats

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Zodiac, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac loosely portrayed

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a custom seat source for the 1150GS. I'm no stranger to Sargent (had em make my K12RS seat a while back-happy.) but I'm not into their new GS seat.
    I'm looking for something thinner & less padding, but for solo only. My rear seat has been replaced by a Hepco basket/box.
    Anyone using the Touratechs, or like aftermark enduro style seats?

Just looking for some pics/ideas, any info - including any Sargent custom jobs (not including their new one)

Danke
  2. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    Check out Rick Mayer Cycles.

http://mayercycle.homestead.com/MAYERCYCLE.html

They now stock GS seat pans, build your seat, send it to you, and you return your old seat pan to him. No down time. In many peoples opinion the comfort of a Rick Mayer seat is only surpassed by a Russel seat which was designed by Rick's father, patented and sold to Russel. I will let you know how mine turns out. Should arive within a week.

Cheers,
  3. killer

killer killen's brother

Oddometer:
    i have a very happy rear end because of my russell saddle, and the customer service and guarantee is exceptional, but it is anything but thin and low profile. i asked them the difference between their seat and a corbin and the response was " corbin makes a great seat for your bike, we make a great seat for your butt." i'm sold.:smile6
  4. Marc

Marc Just sayin...

Oddometer:
    Everything killer said. Check 'em out here. Well wotth the time and expense.

Marc
  5. Ken

Ken Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just did 1,200 miles in 3 days and my butt feels great. The bike came with the Russell so I don't know what to campare it too but I love mine!
  6. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sent my stock saddle in on 1/15 (to Russell) and they called this week to say they are just starting to work on it. Ken was great on the phone, He claims the new owner is huge on quality and that they are changing the design to be better than it was before.

My saddle will ship in two weeks....just so long as I have it by 4/1/02 I don't care.

Turkeyman
    :beer
  7. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I stumbled across a sale at the Beaver Dam, WI (25 north of Madison) BMW dealership last week and bought a pair of Tour Master pants.

Great Value at $160 on sale. Nice protection in the knees and hip area, full leg lenght zipper for easy on and off. 500 and 700 Cordura construction, waterproof etc. -Black-

Check it out.

Killen
  8. Bart Savage

Bart Savage Adventurer

Oddometer: