1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Custom Sewing and Cordura Items

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by corrado113, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Lancebringer

Lancebringer ATGATT

Oddometer:
    I'm sending a pm
  2. sgazzetti

sgazzetti Daily commuter Supporter

Oddometer:
    PMing you, Brady.
  3. Spam16v

Spam16v Squid Rocket Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got my Jesse lid bags, look awesome. Thanks!
  4. drumdog

drumdog it wasn't me !

Oddometer:
    Just sent a PM
  5. WarHorse1961

WarHorse1961 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I received my TransAlp crashbar bags today. They totally exceed my expectations. Fantastic craftsmanship. Thanks.
    AZQKR likes this.
  6. AZQKR

AZQKR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pics? Here's mine he made for me on the GS1200. They've been to Ak. and back and in several days of heavy rain, it took 3 days for them to soak through. I've since waterproofed them with

http://www.atsko.com/silicone-water-guard-12-oz-aerosol/ 20181117_111214.jpg
    drumdog likes this.
  7. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM sent on custom bag request.
  8. corrado113

corrado113 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been a while since I've posted about new product so it's time!!

Introducing the Cord Keeper! We all have USB cords packed in our tank bags and various crevasses for the multitude of electronic devices we tote around with us. I personally had a need to corral mine into one location for ease of locating during various trips and just on a motorbike.
    CK1.png CK2.png CK3.png CK4.png CK5.png

Rolled out flat, the Cord Keeper measures in at 15" long and 6" tall. There are eight elastic loops to hold your cords secure. An included pocket on the end serves to contain all the small loose items such as adapters and USB power supplies. The Cord Keeper is kept closed by hook and loop for a confident means of closure.

The Cord Keeper is currently available in a waxed canvas in the color gray.

Pricing for this item is $25 + Shipping.

You can order your Cord Keeper at stormind.net
  9. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great idea! :clap
  10. Blissed

Blissed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just came across your thread, nice work! Would like to ask if you could possibly make a small key pouch of neoprene. Years ago, BMW sold the pouch (pictures attached) that I found extremely useful: It stores my bike key and luggage key on one ring, and I can close the pouch with one key outside, the other inside. The soft pouch material won't scratch the bike and provides a little cushion so it does not vibrate on the handlebars or steering head. The pouch is 3 inches long, kidney-shaped. The important attributes are the small size (just for the keys) and no metal on the outside, except for the zipper. The metal ring inside can be replaced by a cord.

I have been looking for a similar product for years, but can't find anything of this size and utility. If it's something you can put together, I imagine there would be a lot of interest! A simpler alternative would be a thick fleece pouch with a draw string or rubber cord for closure. Thanks!

170710-a-2187-00.jpg

170710-a-2186-00.jpg

170710-a-2185-00.jpg
  11. corrado113

Oddometer:
    Threw together a quick prototype that doesn't have any of the cordage for the keys but it's the basic carrier made out of fleece. What are your thoughts on this? External dimensions on this are 3.5" long and 3" wide. IMG_3580.JPG
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  12. Blissed

Blissed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much for making the prototype! I think it is almost perfect, I like the material. I don't want to be picky, but I'd prefer it smaller: 3" long, 2.5" wide. My bike keys (pictured in my original post) are 2.25" long, 1.5" wide. The smaller size pouch could easily fit 2-3 keys. I realize a smaller size makes sewing little tricky, but if you could, it would be awesome!

The internal loop for attaching the cord/ring would be ideally a short one, made of 0.5" webbing sewed into the seam right under the bag opening.

I would buy 4, in black, or perhaps other colors (red, blue for conspicuity). And will gladly recommend it to my many riding friends!

BTW, my car key-fob would ideally fit into a 3.5" x 2.5" pouch... :-)
  13. corrado113

Oddometer:
    No worries. That size you recommend is definitely doable. I'll hit you up via PM and we can go from there.
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  14. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the beautiful work on the custom bags for my Caribou panniers. Prefect fit.
    20190726_142136.jpg 20190726_142240.jpg

Another question
    Your Kermit chair bag. Will it hold the wide chair or just the standard size. Thanks, Tom
  15. corrado113

Oddometer:
    Tom,

I'll shoot you a message on the Kermit chair bag. Thanks for posting up the photos!
    dad2bike likes this.
  16. corrado113

Oddometer:
    Here is an updated prototype of the key pouch:

IMG_3639.JPG

Interior dimensions of the pouch are 2.5" wide x 3.5" tall. Internal webbing loop for attaching the cord. Will include three loops of cord to attach keys to. If interested, send me a pm and we can go from there. Thanks!
    JagLite and Snake Oiler like this.
  17. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    Brady,

What are the dimensions of this? Could you add a magnet in the flap so screws and the like don’t disappear, like a parts dish? I’d also like the small pouch on one end as well as a socket elastic section like the attached photo on the other. Also cinchable with two G buckles like these https://www.amazon.com/non-brand-We...bbing+buckle&qid=1565139174&s=gateway&sr=8-80

Let me know what that roll might cost.

Attached Files:

18. Blissed

Blissed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks very good, thank you! I am trying to get my friends interested before placing an order.

BTW, is it potentially available in other colors?
  19. corrado113

Oddometer:
    This looks like something I could probably help you with. I'll hit you up via PM and we can work out the details.
  20. corrado113

Oddometer:
    Yes, I can do other colors besides black. cost would be the same.