Cuulz Suspension Bed from LuxuryLite cots.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by David_in_TX, Sep 14, 2011.

1. David_in_TX

David_in_TX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I contacted Bruce Warren at LuxuryLite cots about the less expensive version sold at Cabela's awhile ago. he said those were made in China and he wasn't happy with the quality. He told me about a new cot they make that's priced at $99.95. it doesn't pack as small as the original LuxuryLite cot (27" long by 4" x 2"), and isn't as light at 5 lbs. One advantage is it can be used as a chair, see the pics below.

http://www.cuulz.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. funhunter63

funhunter63 Funhunter63

Oddometer:
    Would those legs poke a hole in the tent floor?
  3. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You put your tent on top of the cot, same as the Lux Lite.
  4. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:

At that point, I would do like I did with my Kermit Chair and put the little rubber feet on them. A four pack at Lowes/Home Depot/WalMart will run you a little more than a buck.
  5. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh
  6. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Just a little plug for LuxuryLite in general.

I had a problem with the carbon fibre poles on my original LuxuryLite cot and Bruce immediately sent me another set before I sent him back the originals. Bruce's words were, "Lifetime guarantee means 'lifetime guarantee'."

Bruce stands behind his products. :nod

Plus, they're made in Texas. :D
  7. hahmule

hahmule Balding Gloriously

Oddometer:
    His web sit no worky
  8. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    Considering the pack size and weight this might be an alternative. It packs to 24x5x2 roughly. It's a little heavy since it's steal but the bike is carrying it not you, you're usually not carrying a cot if you're going ultra light.

Plus they're only about $20

Instead of individual legs it uses a U shaped piece of thin steel that is flexible and provides some suspension. A piece of cut up garden hose or thinner clear tubing with a slit down it placed over it is enough to be able to use it in a tent without worry.

One of these days I'll replace the steel side supports with aluminum tubing. Not to reduce the weight but to reduce the pack size.
  9. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:

Speaking of linky no worky...

The link to which you linked in your link doesn't work. :dunno
  10. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
  11. David_in_TX

Oddometer:
    Well it worked when he sent it to me. Maybe he's having teething problems...

12. tdpruitt

tdpruitt Tp

Oddometer:
    Where can you find one of t hese cots? How much are they? The link doesn't work, and I've searched the web and so far no luck. Who carries t his cot online...anyone?
  13. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    :confused

I'd go to http://www.luxuryLite.com and just call Bruce directly.
  14. David_in_TX

Oddometer:
    The web site is working now, although it is pretty basic. It says the cots are $99.

http://www.cuulz.com/
    [​IMG]
  15. simply40

simply40 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just ordered two of these from David. 1st this guy is serious about his product and his customer service. I e-mailed him a question and he was back to me much quicker then most every other vendor I have worked with. I feel very secure in that if I have a problem he will be there to take care of my needs. I have read all the reviews I could find on the Luxury Lite cot and know that they are liked by almost all that have them. I am planing a 3 week trip with my wife and hate motels so had to come up with something. I received the Cuulz bed last Friday and the design and construction is both ingenious and stout. I had no issues putting them together and laid down to test one...fell asleep. The mesh design will work well in hot weather and a pad on top should insulate well enough for colder weather. I for one am very happing with my Cuulz, an added bonus is that it converts into a chair for those rainy mornings and a cup of coffee in the tent. I will add to review when I get some time on these but so far for a couple hundred dollars I have a very packable, comfortable, sleeping solution for two. Well done David in Tx:D
  16. David_in_TX

Oddometer:
    You may have me confused with Bruce Warren at LuxuryLite cots. I only posted about this, I'm not the owner of LuxuryLite. Glad you like your cot...