Cycle South ♾ (Denver )

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ohio_Danimal, Apr 24, 2018.

1. codebot

codebot Neophyte RTA (Round The Americas).

Oddometer:
    I feel like a guinea pig waiting in Peru. :doh I still signed up. haha
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  2. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks man
  3. codebot

codebot Neophyte RTA (Round The Americas).

Oddometer:
    That is very sad news. I saw a few hints the last few weeks. I guess it's true. I was looking forward to the Stahlratte as a highlight of a trip in mid 2022. Now? Well a shipping container does not sound any where near as memorable.
  4. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Depending on how they weather Covid, as well as how well the owners work on the upkeep of relationships with Cartegena customs officials, the Wildcard sailboats may still be an option
    pceire32 and codebot like this.
  5. Klinc207

Klinc207 To PERU!

Oddometer:
    Was also looking forward to a 2022-23 Stahlratte trip...... Looks like trips across the gap just got more exciting!
    pceire32 and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  6. thadf

thadf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dan, I was sitting here being bored and looked up the original Cycle South movie.

Well, I’ll never get that hour and a half back!!

For real though, it was ok. Cool bikes, groovy chicks, neat riding, etc... I actually liked the narration. He had a peculiar sense of humor to go along with it.

It’s classic 60-70’s kinda live free stuff. I can see why you would want to do something similar. Classic American dream stuff right there!!!

I’ve been following almost from the beginning, here and FB. Through the ups and downs of travel life. I’ve enjoyed it immensely!!

I hope your leg heals well and I look forward to your continued adventures!!
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  7. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m happy that you’ve enjoyed the report and movie as well. It’s a classic most have never heard of, and yeah, is groovy for sure lol.
    Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  8. Nicknewb

Nicknewb n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Dan, I'm still following along, saddened to read of all your tribulations, but heartened by your humour and almost Brit like stiff upper lip!

Signed up on Utube, now I'll start binge watching.

Keep up the recovery, Sunny days await.
    pceire32 and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  9. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    Subscribed
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  10. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    8544EB18-8CF8-47F0-A710-CD2B0DB571A2.jpeg A7FDC67D-80BC-47B0-AFCD-BD5FB7C434B8.jpeg 10167E4A-6637-4805-B22E-1B50C0731E08.jpeg 6B3C7399-E3B4-4141-9A49-DDBA7BC72DD4.jpeg Some of the parts arrived today so that I can rebuild/repair the front brake damaged in my accident.
    I’m replacing the stock-sized rotor that was bent (the one that Katrina Corcoran brought me in Mendoza Argentina) with a new oversized rotor from Warp 9, purchased from my friends at @procycle Along with the rotor I bought rebuild kits with new internals and seals for both the caliper and the master cylinder. Should be better than new when done!
    When the front wheel is off to do this, I’m also pulling the forks to replace the fluid, and pulling the upper and lower triple trees out to clean and repack the steering bearings with fresh waterproof grease.
    The last week has been kinda rough. The pain levels are through the roof at times during the day. Woody is doing his best to keep me in good spirits and trying to keep me from falling into self-pity, etc. It’s hard. So I called the doc and Tuesday I go back for a look-see. It almost feels like the nerve tranquilizer I started a week and a half ago (which works well at night, and I’ve been sleeping like a zombie) seems to leave things weak and swollen during the day. I’ll know more soon. I’m also getting my orthotics fitted this week.
    It made me smile when Woody brought the packages into my room earlier today, and I saw a nice get well message written on the box from the team at Procycle. Thanks folks.
    They also sent me a few do-dads and a T-shirt as well as a copy of the 2021 calendar that has my motorcycle as the June “model”.
    liv2day, EmmEff, BLucare and 17 others like this.
  11. Geezerguy

Geezerguy In the shadows Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with pain management, Dan. Hope you get that sorted soon. I know I would be pretty difficult to be around in a similar situation.
    Glad you’ve got some positive projects to work on in the mean time beyond keeping us entertained with your photos.
    Sunday Rider and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  12. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Please stop calling it an accident. It was a brutal coordinated attack by crazed critters :lol3

The new brake setup looks good. Getting it installed and sorted should be a welcome diversion.

Good luck on the pain.
    td63, ChicoProf, gulfcoaster and 2 others like this.
  13. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    Something else I ordered, though direct from
    China so it’ll take a while is a new toolbox.
    Before I left I was going to have a metalworking friend fabricate an aluminum lockable toolbox to fit behind my left pannier, attached to the inside of the rack, to utilize that space better.
    That fabrication never happened. This would copy a BMW design.
    Well now there’s an affordable Chinese version getting good reviews. And a lighter version in plastic that I ordered. I’ll make it fit
    https://m.banggood.com/5L-Tool-Box-...mds=search&act_poa=SKUD73858&cur_warehouse=CN
    glittleman, pceire32, Cal and 2 others like this.
  14. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Looks like a useful add to you luggage
    pceire32 likes this.
  15. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    radmann10 and Zuave like this.
  16. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Dan, we just cancelled the rescheduled and postponed Banamichi meet-up and will be holding the event the first weekend in November. Plan on attending. I'll try to find some javelina chorizo.
    pceire32, Animo and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  17. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    I’d like that
    pceire32 likes this.
  18. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Firstly, Banggood is a place where I’ve ordered many things in the past. From R/C airplane components to camping gear. The “m” stands for their mobile website.
    Secondly, I’m not sure how the nationality of an official’s girlfriend is relevant. Was that supposed to be funny? Enlighten me please
    SohoPhil and pceire32 like this.
  19. Scanning4adv

Scanning4adv Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    pceire32 likes this.
  20. Scanning4adv

Scanning4adv Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wishing you well in your road to recovery, even with the bump in the road.....you’re an inspiration.