CYCLE SOUTH ♾ (BLAZING A TRAIL THROUGH 17+ COUNTRIES. ALL TRUE ADVENTURE AND ACTION!)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ohio_Danimal, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    Paypal sent. Thanks Tim.
  2. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal the only thing between want and did is do Supporter

Oddometer:
    Feeling quite emotional about this.
    glittleman likes this.
  3. 2talltim

2talltim Resident MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Sit back and take it all in. We love you brother and we want to show it. Be an early Christmas in Peru.
  4. wilddoktor

wilddoktor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in! Because @Ohio_Danimal , you have opened my eyes to "a whole new world", and I've so appreciated your non-partisan, honest reports of the goodness that's actually out there! Go forth, and make more pictures. :-)
  5. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Stop
  6. 2talltim

Oddometer:
    EDIT: FUND RAISER ENDED

Okay folks first of all I want to say between here, FB and Ohio Riders we have had a overwhelming response to this call out. I want to thank everyone that has donated you have truley out done yourselves. This whole paypal thing has made it so easy. I'm happy to say we have more than over passed my initial goal and amount of money i think Dan will need to replace his camera. At this point I'm just going to leave it open for continued donations till tomorrow(11/24) evening maybe around 8pm(est). And all the funds that go over what is needed for his camera replacement will simply go towards and other expenses and things associated with his trip as a whole. So anyone else that still wishes to contribute by all means your generosity will find it's place during Dan's journey. So tomorrow evening I'll post a list of all the donors so they can be thanked and recognized(won't post how much for each individual) but I will post the total once I have sent it all to Dan. Thanks again y'all !
  7. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    "If anyone wants to contribute to Dan's camera replacement fund I'm going to head this up."

In!

(lanyard suggested)
    :-)

Mike B.
  8. 805gregg

805gregg Long timer

Oddometer:
    "If anyone wants to contribute to Dan's camera replacement fund I'm going to head this up."

In!

(lanyard suggested)
    :-)

Mike B.

Dan a while back said he had enough money for 340 days at $50 a day, that's $17,000, he can afford his own camera
  9. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Dan never asked for this.

Your post really is in poor taste and is a downer to the spirit of this ride report.
  10. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow...
  11. 2talltim

Oddometer:
    Yea that's pretty shitty thing to say. A budget is just that a budget. Allowing X amount of money for said plans and duration. I've got plenty of money in the bank for my future retirement. That dosn't mean I can just go blow through it because I have it. Dan did't ask us to do this for him but we(I) wanted to do it for him. Some of us wish we could have done more to help out with this trip since we have been a part of it and or his life during the planning phases. Ever heard of doing something nice for your fellow brother just because you could? If you don't like it move along and keep you shity comments to yourself.
  12. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Wow.
    I never said I couldn’t afford a new camera. I said I wasn’t going to replace it. I even made light of the fact that I’d be shedding several pounds by not carrying it.
    I also never asked anyone for a cent. To me the $300 camera replacement cost = 6 days on the road. Period.
  13. 2talltim

Oddometer:
    Another inmate Pete just made a great point to me. Last week Dan you had two minor financial set backs. Breaking the glass door you had to cover and the camera. It's our pleasure to help erase those tow things from ever happening.
  14. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    It’s one of the nicest things anyone’s ever done for me. Seriously.
    glittleman likes this.
  15. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    I made it safely to Ollataytambo Peru today.
    Famous for its location along the Inca trail connecting Cusco to Machu Picchu and the Inca ruins right in town, it’s a touristy place that still punches through any downside in my opinion because of the great preponderance of existing Inca structures everywhere right in town. Walls, building foundations, water aqueduct systems, a LOT of it.
    I’m in a quiet Hostal on the edge of town about a half mile walk to the crazy busy town center. High end cafes abound. Nice restaurants are everywhere. Well kept.
    I decided to stay here two nights, so I can relax tonight and tomorrow tour the ruins right here in town.
    Then off to Cusco for six nights! I’ve got a nice room booked there through Airbnb. I’ve got a little work to do on the bike, and a few supplies to acquire as well before heading further South.
    So it looks like Thanksgiving in Cusco Peru.
    I’m thankful for having not only Timothy Adkins (@2talltim) as a friend, I’m also thankful to those that felt that they were enjoying the journey through my eyes enough to help me replace the camera and be able to share what I see with everyone. It definitely helped me recover from several recent setbacks.
    I’m also Thankful for my Father Thomas Byers being healthy, my Son Spencer Byers for being the outstanding person and Son he is and all the rest of my Inmate friends both old and new.
    I’m also thankful for the sponsorship assistance from TG Woody Witte of Woodys Wheel Works fame, as well as his friendship. Seeing Woody persevere through tremendous physical hardships, and seeing him retain a positive attitude is one of the things that helped me recover from the setback on part one of the trip, and helps me stay positive to this day.
  16. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
  17. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
  18. Champe

Champe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are those last couple of photos done with your phone ? They look vey good.
    The one further back with the selfie and Machu Pichu in the background is tehnically challenged because you are close to the camera and the background is not. The camera cannot keep both in focus at the same time so the background is a little fuzzy.

I have always wanted to help travelers in some way. Throwing a few bucks in to overcome setbacks is easy and positive.
    Why the hate ? Just ignore it if you don't like it.

You can consider camera contributions to be selfish for us followers. I like clear, well composed photos. And a good camera in Dan's hands gets them to us.
  19. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Nobody ruined anything, other than me destroying a hotel doorway and a nice Nikon camera.
    Glad you’re following along. It’s ALL part of my story. All of it. Maybe more transparent than many RR’s , and that reflects also in what kinds of replies I get here. Tim or others could have done the fund raise privately. They did it online and this displeases you. For that I’m sorry but again, it’s part of this story now. If they HAD done it privately and I got a new camera as result, you would have read about it anyways. Right here. In my story.
    Peace
  20. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Anything after the hike in to Aguas Calientes is an iPhone7 picture. There are a number of pics still on the memory card from the trashed Nikon.
    glittleman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.