Cycle South 2020 / La segunda parte (preso em Praia do Estaleiro Brazil)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ohio_Danimal, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    :raabia
    Animo, Jay_In_Milpitas, KRob1 and 2 others like this.
  2. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^ Ditto what they all said ^
    ScotsFire and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  3. uncle m

uncle m Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ditto what Poppawheelie said! Check in most days!
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  4. freewheelin'

freewheelin' Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    me too
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  5. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Still following!
    Great moonshot btw. Tripod? What zoom?
    You got right in there and the resolution is solid.
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  6. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    thanks guys. It feels sometimes less like a Ride blog and more like...I dunno....something else lol. Maybe today I’ll walk in a different direction for a while and take some pictures of things around town. Give you a better feel for the area other than the beach.

The most recent moon pic was taken at full 60X optical zoom, night scenery setting flash off, Tripod setting on, camera sitting on a blanket in the sand, and using the remote shutter with the Snapbridge app on my iPhone, to avoid any movement or blur. It’s a Nikon B600 bridge camera.
  7. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    I’m going to try to put together a ZOOM video conference call with other Moto-Overlanders that are, like myself and Olaf, currently stuck somewhere in South America. I’ve already got a thumbs up from @michnus and Elsebie. Hopefully I’ll get a reply from a few others.
    I’ve never started one before although I’ve participated in a few since I’ve been here.
    I mean how hard could it be lol?
    Oh and yeah. Main rule is that nothing serious is discussed. Only topics of frivolity and fun.
    Sound like an idea. Yeah

2C8B4C46-AB35-4B76-8409-ECB7944827A1.jpeg
    SohoPhil, 95Monster, simmons1 and 3 others like this.
  8. BCBackRoads

BCBackRoads Travels with Gumby

Oddometer:
    Great Idea. A group of us in the local club have been having a virtual coffee on Wednesday nights for the last few weeks. It's a good way to keep in touch. And you can add me to the group that is checking on you daily. We've never met but I've been following for quite a while and always enjoy your photos and insight.

Cheers, Wayne
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  9. HG HG

HG HG Adventurer

Oddometer:

You know that I appreciate and respect your journey and travel log. Heart warming, fascinating and JUST PLAIN COOL!!!

RIDE ON, my friend (well, eventually, RIDE ON).
    rbsride365 and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  10. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ohio_Danimal and ScotsFire like this.
  11. HandCanonShootr

HandCanonShootr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  12. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    I’m Still here too. That new place looks amazing. Well maintained, beautiful beach, and great owners who seem to have “adopted” you guys as family. Plenty of food and other essentials. Who could ask for more at this time?

You’ll feel better if you are able to do the upcoming ride you mentioned Into the mountains.
  13. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Thanks everyone for the continued support. Staying sane through all of this is paramount and knowing that you folks are still interested helps a lot.

Seeing old friends from the Ride Ohio days makes me smile a mile-wide! Boy we had some great times on those trips to the Smokies all those years ago.

Today was the day to clean the apartment and do some cooking. Ema has been bringing me meals every day, and that means I had vegetables and such that really needed to be used, or they would go to waste, so today it's beef stew. Stripped flank steak braised and then sauted with a whole onion. A couple of cubes of beef bouillon and another hour simmering, and then into a pot with cubed potatoes, three large sliced carrots, a green pepper, another whole onion and a chopped tomato. Gonna let that reduce down long enough where some of the potato breaks down to get a nice gravy going.
    While I was chopping veggies and peeling carrots, Ema shows up with a plate loaded with fish and shrimp, a bowl of rice and another bowl of more of her excellent bean soup! She looked at what I was doing and seemed disappointed somehow that I was cooking lol.
    Olaf is still away staying by himself at Luis' other home on the ocean. It's been nice having the place to myself, much more quiet, but it'll also be nice to see him again when he returns.
    Just another day in Praia do Estaleiro!
  14. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Fin

D77E0553-80A9-421B-BBA4-9B4960696C05.jpeg 8B6CDC45-6E75-40B1-916A-D18A5338C25F.jpeg
    SohoPhil, td63, 95Monster and 6 others like this.
  15. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    mmmmm, I can smell that from here, it is making me drool. Thanks for the lunch along.:dukegirl
    DavidM1 and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  16. snobear

snobear Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brazil is big ranch country, should be able to get a good steak there too.
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  17. FasTriumph

FasTriumph n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello Ohio_Danimal! I have been following your excellent ride report since early in Phase 1. I have some all-time favorites on this site: Siberski Extreme (my intro to this excellent forum), Lonestar's Alaska-to-Ushuaia ride, that clever Everywhere Man's report, and yours. There's another epic ride done a few years ago by a crew of riders in Africa; the report was relatively short but still great. It was recently kicked up to the front page but, alas, my memory isn't what it used to be.

Like you, I was born in 1960. We have a similar lean angle on lots of things. I continue to enjoy your report and appreciate the quality and quantity of your work. You're a great ambassador for motorcyclists, US Citizens, and Ohioans. I myself was born in Texas, raised in Nebraska, schooled in Illinois, and adultified in Minnesota where I still reside. I'm not sure how or why I have a deep love for just about anything on two wheels. I just remember that first time, as a nine-year-old, I hit the throttle on a Honda 90. I'm pretty sure there's a virus carried by nanobots, running directly from the throttle to our brains, and I hope I never recover. I still get a big grin when I ride my Bonneville; sometimes it lasts for days.

I'm glad you found your current apartment. You're a kind soul and deserve all good things that come your way; actually more. Thank you for the hours of entertainment and fun I have derived from your ride report. If you find yourself near the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-Saint Paul) any time in the future, you have food, lodging, and an adequately equipped garage for as long as you need it. Ride on!
    SohoPhil, td63, dano619 and 2 others like this.
  18. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the kind words, and even being considered next to such lofty blogs has me wondering about your sanity lol. Being your third post here on ADV is an honor too. Joseph’s blog here is also one of my all-time favorites as well. I was lucky enough to get to meet Mr. Savant in Texas in my way South. What a great guy. I’ve been lucky enough to meet others I’ve always admired along the way as well (Sam Manicom and Paul Stewart come to mind) and can consider them friends now, as well as soooo many other fellow Moto-hobos.

Thank you also for the offer if/when I get through your area. Don’t be surprised when I come knocking. Some of the most awesome people I’ve met I got to know that way (@Drybones and @Turkeycreek and @Tagman talkin ‘bout you)

(there’s a rumour that an article I wrote will be on ADV’s front page soon, so be on the lookout and tell me what you think. It’s a little different take on one problematic part of long-term travel, namely worry and how to work through stress)
    simmons1, dano619, Geezerguy and 3 others like this.
  19. Lee R

Lee R Man in a Box

Oddometer:
    Dan,

I’ve been following along from the beginning as well, as I’m sure many who lurk are. You’re still in the ADV to me! I’m thinking of this time as a soak, a macro of the place you’re in. It’s still a new world to me and many others, we enjoy seeing through you’re perspective. You’ve got a healthy attitude. Keep sharing please as it warms up our days trapped in our house, or wearing a mask into work feeling like some weird parallel universe we just entered.

Keep up that adventure Dan, time will flow and you’ll be on your way once again, and we’ll be here with you.

You are the manifestation of living a dream many of us have and may or may not bring to reality. Thank you for sharing. I hope the karma in bringing joy to a part of my day reflects back in some mysterious way. Maybe it just did In a smile, I hope so.
  20. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well put. You're a positive influence, Dan.
    dano619 and Ohio_Danimal like this.