1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Cycle South 2020 /parte tres (tchau Sunny, vejo você no Texas)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ohio_Danimal, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, flights from Brazil to the US have been happening. Anyone coming to the US other than US citizens are prohibited though
    Jay_In_Milpitas and Chabochi like this.
  2. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Now I’m having flashes of memories of helplessness from countless border crossing experiences. Not having what you want when you need (or want) it. Remembering needing copies you don’t have ready. And the copy place has no power. Or they’re out of paper. Or ink. Or their computer is down. Added to the stress of standing around for hours, sometimes in heavy heat and humidity, at times wearing a heavy Klim coat and a bus load of tourists arrived right before you. You left home with a stack of copies, ready to take on the world. Somehow long ago they all evaporated. You have all the time in the world, and even eventually learned to allocate three hours for the crossing and incorporated that into the day’s destination or goal. You even learn that your own impatience only adds to the stress and frustration.
    So now I need to print out the POA form I received, take it along with copies of all other relevant documents and have them notarized. Then delivered by hand to the broker about an hour away. Only I don’t have a printer. And the printer here at the Pousada isn’t connected to the internet.
    And then a trip to the Notary. And it’s raining again. And I’m not comfortable being reliant on others or being a burden. This Thursday Luis will be here and said he will bring the printed form I emailed him. Then we will go to the Notary. I need to chill
    There is plenty of time. I’ve just become so familiar with literally having nothing to do.
    powderzone, JimsBeemer, qman8 and 7 others like this.
  3. Thomas B.

Thomas B. desert racer

Oddometer:
    Hey, chill and cool down.
    All will be fine.
    Relaxe.
    Take it easy.
    Cheers Thomas
  4. FasTriumph

FasTriumph Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sometimes stress helps me generate the energy I need to get stuff done. All of your activities might not go perfectly, but their vectors are pointed in the same general direction, toward your home in Ohio, USA. Sounds like you have a few things to get in order and complete. Here's hoping those things go the way they need to go. As much as good wishes and internet rainbows from me can help, here's to your success!
  5. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Oh, and don't go indoors with your helmet on in Brazil, l heard it's illegal.
    God speed Dan!
    pceire32 and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  6. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with all this. I'll be following here on ADV. When you come out on the other (far) end of it in Colorado, Geezerguy sure got it right when he said there's excellent riding out there. Something to look forward to.
    Boarder crossings. Hate it. Don't ever want to do it alone. I don't have your language skills and get very uptight, frustrated. I'm OK if I'm with other riders, don't care if it takes 4 ~ 8 hours, IF I'm with others. At least you can make yourself understood and can understand what they ask for.
  7. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Thanks Poppa. From my prior three visits to Denver on this trip as well as riding the TAT through CO I agree. Denver is one of my favorite cities.
    poppawheelie and pceire32 like this.
  8. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the well-wishes. As well as following along here. I’ll cope with what’s happening well enough. If I had control of things, all the docs would be done already lol
    Geezerguy, pceire32 and qman8 like this.
  9. The Dude

The Dude Just Love To Ride

Oddometer:
    So happy to see the things are working out Dan. What’s life without a hiccup or two!
    pceire32 likes this.
  10. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    So true
    pceire32 and poppawheelie like this.
  11. powderpig

powderpig Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The hiccups ARE the story of life.
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  12. FasTriumph

FasTriumph Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you're keeping up with baseball, but we have a great division race going on among Cleveland, Chicago, and Minnesota. After limping home from their longest road trip of the year (10 games, the last 5 of which they lost), the Twins took 2 of 3 from the White Sox, leaving your Indians at the top a game in front. I think MLB is going to have 8 teams make the playoffs in each league and it looks like these three will be in the thick of it. As long as the Yankees and Cheaters don't make the World Series, I'll be happy. Somehow I think this could be Cleveland's year. They aren't the best team, but they're good and could get hot enough to run the table. And it just seems like the Baseball Gods are perverted enough to have Cleveland win the Coronasterisk World Series. Anyway, if Cleveland winning keeps the stars aligned for you, Dan, I'm all for it. Have a good day.
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  13. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Yes, am watching live games streamed on 720pstream.me. Great website. No fees. All games streamed live.
    And yeah. It’d be par for the course for the Indians to finally win it all and have an asterisk *
    Jay_In_Milpitas likes this.
  14. jaratr

jaratr Without a ride

Oddometer:
    They probably sacrificed a bucket of KFC to Joboo.
    AngusMcL and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  15. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    No asterisk for a team this year in my book. The crazy protocols and discipline it's taking for teams to stay healthy enough to finish their games, and the extended playoffs...whoever wins this year may have won the hardest season yet. But that's just my opinion.
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  16. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Well, that didn’t go exactly as planned. More gulp moments. Luis took me to the notary in Itapema to get copies of needed documents notarized for shipping Sunny home.
    After about an hour wait outside (marked areas to stand, everyone in Itapema wearing masks thank God) we went in and found that apparently there is some number or stamp or some shit needed I still don’t have. Both Luis as well as the Broker Ramiro Colsani are looking into it. Fingers crossed
    Decided to take a little ride to blow off steam,
    As the frustration of having this problem and needing Luis to translate had me pretty miffed.
    Sorry, no pics. Didn’t stop.

E3340C95-C713-42F0-8913-34136E8EC5D4.jpeg 6E7BE124-0FFB-4F6B-8519-F71234F9F350.jpeg A4C4EA8D-50CA-4056-96A4-3C0EAB29BE5A.jpeg
    pceire32, elron, Joris van O and 4 others like this.
  17. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Here’s the issue:
    I need to be issued a “CPF” number, Brazil’s version of a Social Security number. Even for foreigners, it’s needed when making a large purchase. And my hiring of the broker and paying so much to ship the bike home qualified
    And issuance requires a doc with your parent’s names (birth certificate), which I don’t have with me. I did get a copy years ago before I left in order to get my passport, but it’s back at my Dad’s place. Whether he can find it, and whether an electronic copy is acceptable (assuming he finds it and emails me a copy) is unknown at this time.
    This is another reason people rarely ship vehicles home from Brazil.
    pceire32 and poppawheelie like this.
  18. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Oh man, I hope your Dad can find it. Would a copy of your Dad’s driver’s license work to show the family name, or it has to have your name and your Dad’s on same document?
  19. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Lynn and I have a number called a CURP here in Mexico. It allows us to pay taxes here. We are so happy we have it.

Good luck with the paper chase :deal
    pceire32, Animo and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  20. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    The document needs to show both Father and Mother’s name.
    So..my Dad found it. Barely legible he says. Hopefully the pictures will suffice.
    No matter ATM. Everything is closed now. 4 day holiday weekend (Brazil’s Independence celebrations)