1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Cycle South 2020 /parte tres (tchau Sunny, vejo você no Texas)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Ohio_Danimal, Apr 24, 2018.

1. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Freewheeling. A little weed thrown in. Getting laid. Having fun. Riding through strange foreign lands."

Throw in "fix the upstairs toilet" and you've got my weekend agenda, cuz lordy these do seem some strange, foreign lands lately.
    gulfcoaster, Ohio_Danimal and nochwas like this.
  2. Ohio_Danimal

Ohio_Danimal If I die trying, at least I tried Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, using your definition, I’ve been on one hell of a long weekend ride
    :ilmostro
    elron, gulfcoaster, MrMac and 2 others like this.
  3. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Today’s “goal” was to organize further my belongings, into what I will carry/wear on my plane flight to the US (most likely to the only destination I see, Florida) and what will be packed in Sunny’s panniers and top box.
    After a bit of rethinking I think I’ve got it down.
    Now time for more overthinking.
  4. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    Hi Dan.
    As you get closer to your next return to the Land of the All Night Big Mac and Deep Fried Butter On A Stick, I thought I would share something we saw this morning on our walk.
    upload_2020-9-26_11-13-32.png
    Hand-done on all door handles.
    upload_2020-9-26_11-14-40.png

No other identifiers on the car.
  5. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Excellent. Understated and just excellent.
  6. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    Just had an idea. Take multiple slices of bread. Remove crust. Quarter. Dollop of Pb in center of one. Dollop of jelly center of other. Combine. Pinch edge shut ala mini empenadas.
    Simple batter. Egg. Flour. Touch sugar and salt.
    Dip each pouch in batter. Deep fry till golden brown.
    This hasn’t been done .....yet.
    Remember this is my idea lol
  7. Dumphead

Dumphead Errand boy (sent by grocery clerks) Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dan, that's a highdea if I ever heard one. And I like it.
    elron, gulfcoaster, pceire32 and 2 others like this.
  8. Jay_In_Milpitas

Jay_In_Milpitas Zero to sixty in February

Oddometer:
    I was briefly puzzled why you would put Lead (Pb) on bread.
    I think I would substitute cinnamon for the salt. Good luck on your experiment.
  9. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    :jkam
    pceire32 likes this.
  10. steingar

steingar higher life form

Oddometer:
    Yes it has. Not as good as the deep fried cheese sandwiches, though.
    pceire32 likes this.
  11. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    So I’m a bit miffed due to lack of timely replies to my emails from the Brazilian Broker. If I post something on FB with his name tagged, boy does he reply right away! Barely replies to WhatsApp messages either. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.
    I say this because I received no reply Monday or Tuesday concerning details on payment for his work, address in Paranagua where I should take Sunny, etc etc. So I reply again, repeating my questions this morning, after the US Broker asked him (again) for the BOL number so she can process the ISF information.
    Lo and behold, moments later I get a WhatsApp message from Luiz, my Hosts’ Son, confirming he will follow me to Paranagua early Friday morning! This means rather than reply to me, the Broker called Luiz, knowing he was a) responsible for me and b) following me to Paranagua to drive me back to the Pousada and c) was my translator. Oh well. Whatever works.
    So it’s a 4 hour ride from here to the address in Paranagua. I think I’ll be leaving around 5am, as the Broker Ramiro wants me there fairly early to get through the Brazil Customs boondoggle (expired Tourist visa, expired TIP documents for Sunny).
    Sunny is pretty much packed for shipment. She will be on a RO-RO boat (roll on-roll off) so she won’t need to be palletized. Just rolled into wheel chocks and strapped down. I assume I’ll have to remove the side panels and seat and disconnect the battery.
    The US -side Broker wants to know details as to where I’ll be, what flight I’m taking back, etc...none of which I’ll know until after Sunny’s vessel departs successfully and I book an actual flight.
    Then I need to decide where to fly to after Florida (only flights out of Brazil I can find are to Florida). Is the offer still good @Drybones for a place to stay until the ship arrives? I’ll send you a private message too John, once I know more.
    SohoPhil, td63, elron and 14 others like this.
  12. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    This looks positive. I've got my fingers crossed for you. :thumb
    Sunday Rider and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  13. pceire32

pceire32 Irish Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great to see things are at least moving along for you. Wishing you the best getting the complicated paper process in order.:-)
  14. r0ckrat

r0ckrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Suggestion - fly 2 days before the ship is scheduled to arrive at its destination. Cheaper to stay down there as long as possible...
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  15. dondesmo

dondesmo Senior Squid

Oddometer:
    Buena suerte amigo y viajes seguros
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  16. Ohio_Danimal

Oddometer:
    An emotionally draining day. Late start from oversleeping. Then arose, and started sorting and final bike packing.
    Sunny is supposed to be dropped off tomorrow morning at the Logistics Office for B&M at the port of Paranagua. If things go right and Ramiro Colsani handled all the documents correctly tomorrow is the last I’ll see Sunny until early November in Galveston Texas.
    The vessel leaves 10 days after I drop her off in October 12th.
    Adding to the hustle and bustle today was higher temps and bright sun, bringing on the sweat. haven’t sweated in a bit.
    How do I fit everything that I’m not carrying with me on the plane safely and securely stowed away? I decided my helmet will stay with the bike in my locked topcase. That meant finding places for shit that was in the topcase.
    My boots will be strapped on top of the panniers after riding there. Details details.
    Ok I think it’s good though. I’ll be wearing my heavy-ass Klim jacket on the flight to the US. Two carry ons.
    Then to decide where to fly from Florida once I arrive there.
    Antonio and Emma were sad to see Sunny go.
    They know that if things go well tomorrow, I’ll be back at the Pousada for another couple of weeks. But I think they actually looked like they’re going to miss Sunny! Both were seen walking up to her, petting her seat, and they wanted pics taken with her before I pulled out today (I rode to Joinville tonight to Luiz’ house. He will follow me the 2-1/2 hrs to Paranagua from Joinville in the am)
    So here are a couple. Last pics perhaps of Sunny at Pousada Dona Emma.
    ayoffs with two poorly-pitched games against the Yankees. Ughhhh.
    Sunny is supposed to be dropped off tomorrow morning at the Logistics Office for B&M in Paranagua. If things go right and Ramiro Colsani handled all the documents correctly tomorrow is the last I’ll see Sunny until early November in Galveston Texas.
    The vessel leaves 10 days after I drop her off in October 12th.
    Adding to the hustle and bustle today was higher temps and bright sun, bringing on the sweat. How do I fit everything that I’m not carrying with me on the plane safely and securely stowed away? I decided my helmet will stay with the bike in my locked topcase.
    My boots will be strapped on top of the panniers. Details details. Ok think it’s good though. I’ll be wearing my heavy-ass Klim jacket on the flight to the US. Two carry ons.
    Then to decide where to fly from Florida once I arrive there.
    Antonio and Emma were sad to see Sunny go.
    They know that if things go well tomorrow, I’ll be back at the Pousada for another couple of weeks. But I think they actually looked like they’re going to miss Sunny! Both were seen walking up to her, petting her seat, and they wanted pics taken with her before I pulled out today (I rode to Joinville tonight to Luiz’ house. He will follow me the 2-1/2 hrs to Paranagua from Joinville in the am)
    So here are a couple. Last pics perhaps of Sunny at Pousada Dona Emma.

Meu, pai e mai
    028DCB1C-8E4B-4475-8ADE-5485D9C5A0C2.jpeg

Antonio and Emma Honorio (and Binho)

90A2C563-3DC9-43E0-ABEA-B38898B0BC86.jpeg

bright orange moon over Joinville tonight

29C4B730-8097-4609-85CE-81202F7D3076.jpeg

Luiz signing Sunny here upon my arrival in Joinville

8E83AE30-8EE4-4091-B6BD-8A62EEB9A19F.jpeg

Antonio signed!

E862D196-FB68-4976-A26E-88E086CE5033.jpeg

as did Emma!

CE2AFBE9-88C4-472E-BCE0-E06FD89449A3.jpeg
    M. Bibendum, SohoPhil, Animo and 25 others like this.
  17. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Memories and friends for a lifetime. Outstanding!
  18. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    I am kind of sad reading that and seeing Sunny being sent away.
    Ohio_Danimal likes this.
  19. Geezerguy

Geezerguy In the shadows

Oddometer:
    This is both good news and sad news at the same time, Dan. Best wishes for Sunny’s safe arrival in Galveston and your remaining time with your wonderful friends in Brasil. It’s been my great pleasure to follow along in this adventure/new life you are having.
    Lance
    NCJ, Sunday Rider and Ohio_Danimal like this.
  20. DavidM1

DavidM1 Unicorn hunting

Oddometer:
    That looks nice. I read that Mars should be nearby. Overcast/rain here, so no viewing available.