1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Cycloak by Reima

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bcum1, Oct 14, 2002.

1. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    Anybody own one of these Jackets, found a good source for them & concidered buying one , any testomonials..
    I know they are made in Finland and are made from 500 dennier Cordura / Goretex.
    :confused :ear :ear :ear :): :drums :arg :dj
  2. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response
    I just got a GT Cycloak on ebay for $ 225.00 new ,reg. price $379-$399 Belden Motorsport of NY (ebay stores) had to, a great price and figured it to be a quality jacket.
    I'll keep you posted.......
    J. Taffuri
    95GS1100
  3. Jaybird

Jaybird Dilbert Impersonator

Oddometer:
    I have had the Cycloak GT jacket and pants for about 9 months now. They really fit me well and are comfortable. The jacket keeps me warm with the liner down to about freezing. The pants fit real well and are comfortable. I like this outfit better than the Kilamanjaro outfit I had before it.
  4. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    Everybody talks about it keeping you warm,isn't this jacket an all season one or mostly cool weather.
    I live in Florida , but am touring north soon.
  5. Jaybird

Jaybird Dilbert Impersonator

Oddometer:
    It has a zip-out liner which is not very bulky but keeps you very warm. I just rode into work this morning and it was 32 degrees when I left. I was wearing the Cycloak with liner with just a dress shirt underneath. Did not get cold at all on my 45 mile ride to work on the GS. The liner zips out and you can open vents under the arms for ventilation. I ride like this in fairly hot weather and it is about the same as it was riding with my past Aerostich and Kilamanjaro jackets.
  6. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jaybirdo
    I have the roadcrafter now & its hot but tolerable @ 90 +(degrees that is).
    My Aerostich has lasted 10 Yrs ,jacket is faded but still very funtional . I now am two sizes larger the stich jacket, but the pants fit and are the same colour as the new Cycloak...

Cold weather sucks , high 80's here :dj
  7. longwallman

longwallman light at the end of the tunnel Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought a Cycloak GT at the BMWMOA meet in Trenton, Ontario. With the exchange rate ( US vs. Canadian) it was a good deal. I've been very satisfied with it. What I like most is the way it seals up to keep the wind out. That seems to be the key on cold mornings. Coming home from the Stanley Stomp this year I was in an all day rain and it kept me dry. I hit some loose gravel in Missoula, MT and went down. The armor helped to keep me from getting tore up. (note: GSs are VERY expensive to fix when you drop them)
    I would buy another Cycloak GT without hesitation.
  8. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my Cycloak in the spring of 01. Wore it with and without the liner on the GS for the season. Because of it's great qualities .....GORTEX, padding/protection, I wear it snowboarding and snowmobiling and even the Olympics.

I get quite a few good comments about the look and unlike Aerostitch my Cycloak does not show road grime after 10,000 miles.

I think you can buy one for about $350.

Attached Files:

9. bcum1

bcum1 beemerfixer

Oddometer:
    I recieved my Jacket in very quick fasion.
    I like the style , made well , nice lining, good quality for the price $ 225.00 @ Belden Motorsports (Ebay Stores) outa NY State.
    Havent rode in the rain as of yet , here in FL. its a little hot wearing this one cause there is not a rear back vent just underarm ones , Aerostich does.
    The fit runs a little small and was told to order up one size & I did
    fits well cept the sleeves are a little long now.
    Finally a jacket that has a long lenght with many cool features
    I wanted the BMW Savana line ,$475 - the liner is a rediculous cost for this .
    :dj
  10. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You know it's that damn sheriff badge thing...have gun will travel.:1drink