Cyclops Adventure Sports- Performance lighting, TPMS, Rally kits, etc. merge thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Off Road Ryder, Nov 5, 2012.

1. dstutz

dstutz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was it $12 shipping or $12 shipping and handling? Someone has to pay for the box, bubble wrap, tape, shipping label (printer, tape?) salary of person packing, etc. Amazon is spoiling us all...
    Off Road Ryder and Gezerbike like this.
  2. Gezerbike

Gezerbike I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ck

Oddometer:
    And the Twisted Throttle ones start off @ $ 7.00 a set more. I saw another set somewhere that were $ 44.00. And neither of these prices included shipping and handling. So...………………...Cyclpos don't sound that bad
    Off Road Ryder likes this.
  3. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    As a small business we don't get the massive shipping breaks that amazon or other vendors who may ship much more product.. we charge what we pay the shipping vendor, in many cases we actually loose money on shipping, very rarely do we make a dime, now if you add time to box and handle any paypal fees etc. that we might pay and we are always loosing. Not a great business plan. But we realize we have to try to compete in some way.
    I honestly would rather not have your order than to have you think we are over profiting on you.
    Bike Guy likes this.
  4. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you
    Yes it is really tough to compete with the big guys, people don't realize how hard the smaller guys are getting squeezed due to amazon mentality. We are trying to figure out some answer.
    outbacktm likes this.
  5. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike. Ill have to check that out.. I don't realize there was another setup, I designed this part and have it manufactured at the local laser cutter.. all USA made.
  6. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you as Ive said a hundred times I really believe in this product. I think they should be on every road going bike. they can and have saved serious injuries or worse.. no need to buy ours but get one of anyone's for a sound mind.. Its not about checking your tires before you ride. Its about that nail, rock or other thing that might puncture your tire while you are riding. even a few seconds of early warning can make all the difference.
    ScooterNoMore and fredz43 like this.
  7. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to the bracket.
  8. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    I appreciate small business as I also run one. But ours is more of a hobby and I’m not making a living doing it. If I had to rely on Motojug Hydration Systems as my only income I’d be in real trouble. I love all my Cyclops products I’ve ever owned. I’ve ran your Aux lights on a Suoer Tenere as well as your LED headlight upgrades. Huge improvements. I need these brackets and like I said I’ll pay for them because they are needed. Thanks for making these. I’m sure if there are as good as your other offerings they will be well worth the price.
  9. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Need these Aux lights and bracket to replace my Aux light on my 15 GSA. Broke it the other day. The BMW wiring harness end clip that hooks into the Bmw light was broken removing it from the light also. How hard would it be to splice in your aux light wiring into my BMW harness and be able to keep the factory switch on the bar functional?

The BMW plug has 4 wires. I’d suppose yours has 2. Not sure what all 4 wires would be to.

IMG_8041.JPG IMG_8043.JPG IMG_8045.JPG IMG_8046.JPG
  10. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    Big thanks to the Cyclops crew. After having purchased their KTM 1190 kit for my last bike, I bought their BMW 1200RT LED kit to upgrade the bulbs in my older RT. During the install, I lost a piece inside my headlight assembly and didn't have the patience to take the front end apart. I called to order the piece and instead they sent me two pieces for free and it got to my door in 3 days.
    Off Road Ryder, Shaggie and DRV like this.
  11. drneo

drneo mmm... delicious

Oddometer:
    Installed on my 2007 BMW R1200RT on 3/30/2018 at 62,384 miles. Just replaced the batteries yesterday 4/6/2020 at 93,301 miles. Trouble free the entire time!

It took me longer to find where I stuck the box and extra batteries than it did to change out the batteries! They picked the pressure/temp right back up after 1/2 a mile.
    Off Road Ryder, DRV and ScooterNoMore like this.
  12. DRV

DRV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The 2 wire 4 wire system can be challenge. The Raider would work on your bike, its not the factory harness but you would be able to retain the switches on the handle bars. If you could give me a call at the shop and I can give you some insight. Thanks drv... aka Greg
  13. chief_lee_visceral

chief_lee_visceral Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Wes, Daryll and Sandra! I saw the name pop into my feed and figured that had to be your son. I like how he is a class of one. I will buy the TPMS for my 570 Adv to celebrate.
    Off Road Ryder and DRV like this.
  14. mrdamiani

mrdamiani Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Do these function the same as the TrailTech with the OEM switch. Off, on with brights, and on?
    DRV likes this.
  15. Whodatschrome

Whodatschrome Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine are set up to have the orange DRL halos on at all times. I’d have to go over and look to see if everything else is the same when the trail techs were on there. But I think it all functions the same...except for lots brighter!
    DRV likes this.
  16. DRV

DRV Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    We have the shop 990 set up with this arrangement, I'll have to check this when I get back to the shop on Monday..
  17. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    What replacement light bulb would you suggest for the low beam light for this fairly standard rally light system ?

[​IMG]

That's a KiT690, but the lighting is pretty ubiquitous across many rally bikes .
    I'll also be installing a couple of you new 2" light to replace those in the photo .

Max
  18. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:

The big Stud ! :clap:clap:clap

Max
    Wattner and DRV like this.
  19. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Hi Max Sorry for the late reply.. I found myself waking up from an unexpected triple bypass a few weeks ago. starting to get back to somewhat active now. Im not supper familiar with the kit690 stuff. The photo didn't come threw.. happy to help if we can.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much drneo!